Shipping Updates

The word from the top!
Forum rules
Only admin's and moderators can start a topic in this forum, but anyone can reply to an existing topic. Off topic replies will be deleted.
ramdor

Re: Shipping Updates

Postby ramdor » Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:34 pm

Honestly, until there is some formal update from Apache-Labs, from Abhi, Tony or someone in the know at least, I would be very very wary of sending them any money or placing any orders. In my opinion I would assume the worst and prepare yourself for loss if you have sent them funds already. I read some of the posts regarding delivery, lack of refunds, lack of communication and in 99% of the cases I would have started a cc chargeback.

It all seems very dodgy to me, that they are unable to perform the simplest of communication with customers that have trusted them with deposits. Especially in a public facing forum like this where OM after OM is having issues one would think that they address each and every one in a timely manner.

Apache-Labs also need to keep in mind that without firmware, without client software, they have a box of bits that no one can use and they certainly couldn't call it a radio. They really need to step up and sort these issues out so that the public, myself included, see that they are looking after their customers and resolving these ongoing issues. Otherwise from my standpoint at least, software development is likely to dry up.

It is not good, and it needs addressing, pronto !
AG5CK

Postby AG5CK » Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:42 am

ramdor wrote:Honestly, until there is some formal update from Apache-Labs, from Abhi, Tony or someone in the know at least, I would be very very wary of sending them any money or placing any orders. In my opinion I would assume the worst and prepare yourself for loss if you have sent them funds already. I read some of the posts regarding delivery, lack of refunds, lack of communication and in 99% of the cases I would have started a cc chargeback.

It all seems very dodgy to me, that they are unable to perform the simplest of communication with customers that have trusted them with deposits. Especially in a public facing forum like this where OM after OM is having issues one would think that they address each and every one in a timely manner.

Apache-Labs also need to keep in mind that without firmware, without client software, they have a box of bits that no one can use and they certainly couldn't call it a radio. They really need to step up and sort these issues out so that the public, myself included, see that they are looking after their customers and resolving these ongoing issues. Otherwise from my standpoint at least, software development is likely to dry up.

It is not good, and it needs addressing, pronto !

You're absolutely right, but I wouldn't trust an update from them. Their updates have been excuses and empty promises. I wouldn't buy one unless a reputable vendor had one ready to ship. Even then, I only know of one guy that can repair the hardware. What happens when he retires?

The 500 watt radio never happened and people were promised a 1000 radio that never happened. I hear that's been replaced with a 1500 watt version with the estimated ship date extended to February 2024. If this is true the 1000 watt radio should be removed from the website instead of allowing more orders for it.

I hope Apache Labs can get their house in order and my 7000 lasts for many years. Happy New Year and thanks for all you've done.
WR4N

Postby WR4N » Tue Jan 30, 2024 5:53 pm

I just sent an email to ABHI & A.L. It is below. I am confident that he will update us all very soon:

Hi ABHI & Apache Labs! I am excited about receiving my latest A.L. transceiver - the G2-1K (also known as "EVERY OPERATOR'S DREAM COME TRUE"). The Most Recent Update was December 19, 2023. At that time, you stated, "The anticipated ship date is now 19th FEBRUARY 2024."

We are one day away from February 1, 2024 and I have not yet received my invoice/request for final payment. Can you please give us an update?

With Gratitude & 73,
David
WR4N
ANAN 7000 DLE MKIII
Thetis 2.10.3.6 x64 (1/28/24) dev_2
HP VICTUS (Gaming Laptop) - Intel Core i7 - 16GB memory - 512GB SSD - NVIDIA Graphics - WINDOWS 10

Best 73s,
WR4N - David
Trucker

Postby Trucker » Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:04 pm

The last posted response from Apache Labs said February 20th for revised hardware to arrive at their manufacturing facility. I would not think any shipping or even any updates will occur before then. I will be surprised if they actually start billing and shipping before then.
James
WD5GWY
WR4N

Postby WR4N » Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:48 pm

Trucker wrote:The last posted response from Apache Labs said February 20th for revised hardware to arrive at their manufacturing facility. I would not think any shipping or even any updates will occur before then. I will be surprised if they actually start billing and shipping before then.
James
WD5GWY

Obviously, I did not see that one. Then, we are looking at March delivery ... perhaps ... maybe.
ANAN 7000 DLE MKIII
HP VICTUS (Gaming Laptop) - Intel Core i7 - 16GB memory - 512GB SSD - NVIDIA Graphics - WINDOWS 10

Best 73s,
WR4N - David
WR4N

Postby WR4N » Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:55 pm

Trucker wrote:The last posted response from Apache Labs said February 20th for revised hardware to arrive at their manufacturing facility. I would not think any shipping or even any updates will occur before then. I will be surprised if they actually start billing and shipping before then.
James
WD5GWY

I can't find this post from ABHI?
ANAN 7000 DLE MKIII

Best 73s,
WR4N - David
ka1sdr

Postby ka1sdr » Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:38 pm

i just received invoice for payment of my g2 hopefully will be shipped anyday
Trucker

Postby Trucker » Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:55 pm

WR4N wrote:
James
WD5GWY

I can't find this post from ABHI?

Page 7 in this forum:

Kp4car wrote:Yesterday I received this email

Dear All,

I want to provide an update regarding the G2-1K:

In our extensive burn-in tests, it was discovered that when utilizing a single LDMOS device, the linear operation is effectively limited to 700Ws. While PureSignal corrects some non-linearity, it is apparent that the PA becomes saturated. To address this, we have transitioned to Dual ART1K60 devices. The Amplifier Pallet card was designed to accommodate both single and double LDMOS configurations.

During burn-in testing, the T94 cores in the LPF whilst fine for SSB/CW operation heated up during digital modes at 500W or higher, altering the permeability and shape of the LPFs. We resolved this by switching to larger T-130 cores, resulting in cooler operation and increased duty cycles. The updated LPF board can easily handle 1500W SSB/CW and 700Ws for Digital Modes.

Another issue arose with external DC supply, Even a 4 feet long DC supply cable was causing a voltage drop and affecting PureSignal operation. By incorporating the DC supply within the chassis, the G2-1K can now operate from 100-250v AC and the voltage drop at high currents has been resolved. The internal PSU, controlled via a CAN bus, allows for operation in both low power mode (40V DC and 800Ws) and high power mode (53V DC and 1500W) at optimal efficiency.

The display unit has been upgraded to 7 inches for improved visibility of critical parameters even from a distance. These changes required a chassis redesign, which is now in production with the contract manufacturer. I will share the 3D view of the chassis soon, along with production unit images in a few weeks.

These changes have required a redesign of the Chassis, see below (I will share the production unit pictures as soon as available):

A white rectangular object with a black screen

Description automatically generated

These enhancements have transformed the radio into a Legal Limit rig, necessitating a price increase to $5495.00 for all NEW Orders. For those with an original ANAN-8000DE MKII preorder or a G2-1K preorder with a purchased power supply, there will be no additional costs, and we will Honor the preorder price. If a power supply was not purchased, we will Honor your preorder purchase price, however, there will be a $399 charge for the internal power supply upon shipment.

Our team has been working with the Contract Manufacturer to provide the modified chassis as soon as possible. We have also commenced modifications of the Pallet and LPFs.

The anticipated ship date is now 19th February 2024. I apologize for the delay, but these changes ensure a more robust product with legal limit power output. Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Abhi
WR4N

Postby WR4N » Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:00 pm

James
WD5GWY

The latest post that I can find matches my last email. It states shipment begins February 19th.
ANAN 7000 DLE MKIII

Best 73s,
WR4N - David
W9XQ

Postby W9XQ » Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:27 pm

Wow, I am shocked to hear what is going on at AL. I have not been on the boards for quite some time. I was seriously considering a new G2, but there is no way I am going to risk my hard earned money with a company that will not take responsibility for their mistakes. I love my 7000. As it stands, my 7000DLE MKII will be my one and only purchase. Maybe if things change I will reconsider.

Marc, W9XQ
Trucker

Postby Trucker » Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:04 pm

It's Monday February 19th in Melbourne,Australia. ( midmorning)
So, is today the day the new 1.5Kw G2 Saturn radios start shipping?????????
For all those who have put their money down, I certainly hope so.
Has anyone been billed for the balance of their purchase yet?
Good luck to all the early adopters!
James
WD5GWY
K1LSB

Postby K1LSB » Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:10 am

Where are you getting your information that Feb 19th is a special date?

Mark
NY4JF

Postby NY4JF » Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:26 am

Latest update.

Hi All,

We have now finished the final changes to the ANAN G2 1K5 design and are now in volume production. I am super exited to share the production specs and pictures of the product with you.

First off, a huge thank you to all who have been patiently waiting for us to work on and deliver the 1K5. I must say it has been a journey designing this product and what we have ended up with is a far more robust, powerful and feature rich SDR than envisaged in our initial design goals!

The 1K5 now uses industry leading PA protection design by Alexander, RZ1ZR and incorporates protection for SWR, Temperature, Current, Voltage making the product almost unbreakable!

We have incorporated Noctua Fans for all cooling requirements inside the unit to make it super quiet.

The unit now also has the built-in AC supply and is capable of operation from 100-240V AC, you will of course need 240v AC for full power output.

The Pallet now uses Dual ART1K6 LDMOS devices and the LPF has been redesigned with T130 cores for heavy duty cycle operation without overheating!

We expect to have the enclosures from the contract manufacturer in China in 2 weeks (delayed due to Chinese New Year Holidays) and for all the preorders to commence shipping out in 6 weeks.

We have updated the product website with the production pictures of the 1K5, please do check them out using the link below:

https://apache-labs.com/al-products/104 ... oking.html

Best Regards,

Abhi
Trucker

Postby Trucker » Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:07 am

NY4JF wrote:Latest update.

Hi All,

We have now finished the final changes to the ANAN G2 1K5 design and are now in volume production. I am super exited to share the production specs and pictures of the product with you.

First off, a huge thank you to all who have been patiently waiting for us to work on and deliver the 1K5. I must say it has been a journey designing this product and what we have ended up with is a far more robust, powerful and feature rich SDR than envisaged in our initial design goals!

The 1K5 now uses industry leading PA protection design by Alexander, RZ1ZR and incorporates protection for SWR, Temperature, Current, Voltage making the product almost unbreakable!

We have incorporated Noctua Fans for all cooling requirements inside the unit to make it super quiet.

The unit now also has the built-in AC supply and is capable of operation from 100-240V AC, you will of course need 240v AC for full power output.

The Pallet now uses Dual ART1K6 LDMOS devices and the LPF has been redesigned with T130 cores for heavy duty cycle operation without overheating!

We expect to have the enclosures from the contract manufacturer in China in 2 weeks (delayed due to Chinese New Year Holidays) and for all the preorders to commence shipping out in 6 weeks.

We have updated the product website with the production pictures of the 1K5, please do check them out using the link below:

Best Regards,

Abhi

Looks really good. I am looking forward to seeing reviews and hearing one on the air.
Thanks for posting Abhi's email.
James
WD5GWY
I2NOY

Postby I2NOY » Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:26 am

Another 6 weeks to wait for...hopefully :(
Joe

Postby Joe » Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:07 pm

I just wanted to mention, the Noctua fans that Abhi used in this design are very quiet. I modified the circuitry in my meanwell power supply to install these and all of the difference for quietness in use, very pleased with noise abatement. For all who have this unit on order, this sure looks great with all of the latest advancements in technology.

73’s
Joe
WD5Y
K4IBC

Postby K4IBC » Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:35 pm

Best Regards,

Abhi

Notice no CW jack in the back and no jacks on the front! I guess the CW guys got left out unless it is on the new ACC DB connector?

Why the pure signal SMA connector? It is all internal now.

Guys that run LP500 and LP700 wattmeters with dual couplers are out of luck too. Also those who run CleanRF Splatter View are out of luck too.
K1LSB

Postby K1LSB » Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:46 pm

I'm wondering what need (or use) is there for CleanRF Splatter View with this rig?

Mark
Trucker

Postby Trucker » Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:57 pm

K4IBC wrote:

Best Regards,

Abhi

Notice no CW jack in the back and no jacks on the front! I guess the CW guys got left out unless it is on the new ACC DB connector?

Why the pure signal SMA connector? It is all internal now.

Guys that run LP500 and LP700 wattmeters with dual couplers are out of luck too. Also those who run CleanRF Splatter View are out of luck too.

Good catch! Shouldn't need an external connection to provide a feedback loop for Pure Signal on a radio that is capable of putting out legal limit. ( for a lot of countries)
And no CW key connection! Surely that is a Photoshop mistake.
Another is the small connection for Balanced microphone input. Makes one wonder what else is missing. Maybe, whoever actually designed the 1K5 will offer some insight as to actual operation and how it will integrate with PiHPSDR in the radio and Thetis over the network.
James
WD5GWY

By the way, when the 500 watt 8000DLE MKII was announced, wasn't one of the delays the wait for delivery of cases?
NY4JF

Postby NY4JF » Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:10 pm

Hello Jeffrey,

The CW keyed connections are available via the ACC port, the rig will come with a DB9 to Barrel connector cable.

The PS output will be required as you said whilst using an external Amp or for signal monitoring.

Regards,

Abhi
wz3hmt

Postby wz3hmt » Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:10 pm

My last contact from Abhi was on December 9, 2023 with the following comment
"These enhancements have transformed the radio into a Legal Limit rig, necessitating a price increase to $5495.00 for all NEW Orders. For those with an original ANAN-8000DE MKII preorder or a G2-1K preorder with a purchased power supply, there will be no additional costs, and we will Honor the preorder price. If a power supply was not purchased, we will Honor your preorder purchase price, however, there will be a $399 charge for the internal power supply upon shipment.

Our team has been working with the Contract Manufacturer to provide the modified chassis as soon as possible. We have also commenced modifications of the Pallet and LPFs.

The anticipated ship date is now 19th February 2024. I apologize for the delay, but these changes ensure a more robust product with legal limit power output. Thank you for your patience."

February 19, 2024 has come an gone.

Any update would be welcome.

Ordered December 2022
Order No.: AC-3877
Payment Mode: Paypal / paypal
Order Status: Pending
Payment Status: Successful
WR4N

Postby WR4N » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:48 am

Abhi, with all due respect and with gratitude, it appears we’re at yet another missed deadline. We’re a couple days from the 6 week mark and I don’t know of anyone who has even received a notification to make final payment. Do I believe in Apache Labs? Absolutely! So much so that even after waiting 19, 20 months (honestly, I’ve lost track) for my G2-1K5, I ordered the new Apache Labs Amplifier! Some call me foolish; I see myself as showing faith in A.L. & as being loyal. Nonetheless, at the very least, a new update from you would mean a great deal to those of us “who have been patiently waiting.” Would you please provide that? Also, I’ve been trying to determine the accurate dimensions of both the items I have on order; not having this information has delayed even my new “Studio” / Rack Mount Desk build. Could you share the dimensions (apparently both will be the same size?) Any & All Updates and Information would have great value! BEST 73, David, WR4N

FEBRUARY 18, 2024 UPDATE FROM ABHI:

Hi All,

Best Regards,

Abhi
ANAN 7000 DLE MKIII

Best 73s,
WR4N - David
AC9PA

Postby AC9PA » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:51 pm

Just realized six weeks would make it April 1
April Fools’ Day How appropriate!! Hihihi
73 be patient everybody.
AC9PA
WR4N

Postby WR4N » Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:56 am

UPDATE FROM ABHI (Thanks Abhi - The Update Is Greatly Appreciated)

Hi All,

Best Regards,

Abhi
Last edited by WR4N on Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ANAN 7000 DLE MKIII

Best 73s,
WR4N - David
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:04 pm

Thanks for posting that, David!

I can't understand why Apache doesn't post those things here in the forum :?
NY4JF

Shipping Updates G2-1K

Postby NY4JF » Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:10 pm

Hi All,

I would like to provide a quick update on your ANAN G2-1K order.

The Factory has completed production of the Pallet Card, LPF, Filter/Control Boards. The enclosures have been delayed by the Chinese CM due to the Chinese New Year Holidays. The laser cutting and sheet metal work is complete, and the plates are now undergoing surface finishing and powder coating.

We expect to receive the enclosures in about 3 weeks after which the final assembly of the electronics will be completed followed by testing and burn-in after which we will commence shipments of the rig. We expect the final assembly and testing to take approximately 3 weeks after receipt of the enclosures.

We will commence invoicing your orders once it has completed the testing/burn-in. Orders will ship strictly in the order they were received.

I have had some queries regarding the enclosure dimensions, these are:

49.7cm L x 38.4cm W x 13.8cm H (not including extrusions/Handles)

The Product page has also been updated with the latest specs:

We have also upgraded the LPF, this is now based on the design by DJ0ABR and is capable of high duty cycle operation without the need of active cooling, we use T200 size cores for 160/80/40/30/20M and 2mm Thick Copper wire coils for the higher bands.

I would like to apologise for the delay, however, we are quite confident that we will ship your orders as per the estimated ship time provided above without further delays.

Regards,

Abhi
WR4N

Postby WR4N » Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:22 pm

w-u-2-o wrote:Thanks for posting that, David!

Scott, I stopped trying to "understand" long ago. hi, hi. I am just thankful for what I get.

But obviously, the update causes me to have some questions. First, it appears that we have now gone down from 1.5kW to 1kW (but the "description" and "specs" conflict with one another - of course that is nothing new). Nonetheless, the "new name" is "ANAN G1-1K" or "ANAN G2-1K" - depending on whether his title is correct or the email content is correct. I would assume there were problems with heat. Second, at the same time, Abhi states: "without the need of active cooling." The update omits the mention of: "Noctua Fans for all cooling requirements." This greatly confuses me. Third, why give the appearance of "Rack Mounting" when the width of 15.12"?

The bottom line for me personally, is that I am still ahead (so to speak). I ordered a 500 watt ANAN; a 1kW ANAN is an upgrade for me.

And so ... I wait ... again. :D
ANAN 7000 DLE MKIII

Best 73s,
WR4N - David
K1LSB

Postby K1LSB » Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:40 pm

WR4N wrote:But obviously, the update causes me to have some questions. First, it appears that we have now gone down from 1.5kW to 1kW (but the "description" and "specs" conflict with one another - of course that is nothing new). Nonetheless, the "new name" is "ANAN G1-1K" or "ANAN G2-1K" - depending on whether his title is correct or the email content is correct. I would assume there were problems with heat.

Per the Apache Labs ANAN-G2-1K page:

SPECIFICATION UPDATE 08/12/2023

1500W (High Power Mode), 800W (low Power Mode)

So even that page has conflicting information.

Mark
I2NOY

Postby I2NOY » Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:30 pm

...and six more weeks to wait for. :evil:

on technical spec tab: RF Output Power (Maximum): 1000W PEP: SSB/CW. 500W: FM, RTTY, Digital. 275W: AM
WR4N

Postby WR4N » Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:39 pm

w-u-2-o wrote:Thanks for posting that, David!

Scott, I know that only an Admin can start a topic. Is there any way you could start a topic specifically discussing the 2 new "High Power" products - or a topic for each one (the ANAN-G2-1K 1000W HF & 6M SDR TRANSCEIVER and the ANAN-1K5 HF & 6M 1500W LINEAR AMPLIFIER)? Because I have both on order, I have been bombarded with extremely valid questions; they are primarily from potential buyers. Realistically speaking, the avenue that has the greatest probability of providing answers, is this forum. Apparently, ABHI keeps an eye on the forum.

FOR EXAMPLE:

*** "It looks like the Transceiver now relies on passive cooling. Will there be some huge heatsinks?"
*** "They look like they are made for Rack Mounting, but at 15.2" wide, there is no way. So why have the appearance of Rack Mounting?"
*** "Is AL committed to the Amplifier having active cooling?"
*** "If I buy the Amplifier now, is the $3,695 price still good?"
*** "How can I know if I am buying the Amp for $3,695 or $4,295; how will I know if I am among the first 50 orders?"
*** "The power of the Transceiver has gone down from 1.5kW to 1kW. Is that going to happen with the Amplifier?"
*** Etc., Etc., Etc.

Is there any reason we can't have a topic for the new High Power products? I believe it would help greatly with the hesitancy being expressed by many. There you have it, food for thought. THANKS, David, WR4N
ANAN 7000 DLE MKIII

Best 73s,
WR4N - David

Return to “Apache Labs News”