Upgrades to 3.4.9

Kj6gea

Upgrades to 3.4.9

Postby Kj6gea » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:56 pm

Good Morning, I have a Anan 100 now for almost seven years now and LOVE it, more radio then I'll ever need. Will there be any UI upgrades to MRX? Protocol 2 works good with my radio but the internal power supply heats up in 20 minutes so hot I cant touch the bottom of the case.I know most of the work is now for the newer models but please don't leave us old timers in the dust....73.s Walter
GW0DQW

Re: Upgrades to 3.4.9

Postby GW0DQW » Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:46 pm

Hello Walter ,

My name is Chris and seen your posting , I also have the Anan 100 and for a long long time contemplated upgrading to Thetis and Proctocol 2.
I finally and quite recently took the step of doing the upgrade to Thetis and Protocol and for me all works well.
My Anan 100 is the Revised version with Pure Signal , Boot loader switch underneath and with a blue front panel. I did enquire on here for any comments about issues i might get when i done the upgrade. Some had various issues but nothing really negative , so i thought I am going to this .
I did do some preparatory work and removed the Anan form its shelf position where it has sat for 4 years or more and the first thing i noticed the the Fan aperture on the base looked very dirty, I always thought this a blow exit hole but in fact its a suction hole and lots of debris had gathered at the fan hole , using vacuum cleaner i cleaned all areas possible , it had always sat on a wooded shelf and on re installation I put the Anan on a small perforated steel shelf i got from amazon . On the top and I have always had aluminium cooling squares with a fan running on top of them , and yes I am pleased to say its working well . I have a (fish tank glass) temperature gauge stuck on the front panel to monitor case temp, and another on the cooling fins .
Yes I agree it does warm up quickly , but now I have to more out in the open and it can breath easier the temp seem to be under control and there is at least a two degree difference between the front of the Anan case and the top where I have to cooling fins.

Hope this is a little helpful to you
If I can help come back to me.
Best Regards
Chris Hughes GW0DQW
Kj6gea

Postby Kj6gea » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:49 am

Hi Chris thank you ,I have been blowing out the case regularly and have a fan on the top also it is on custom legs in the open and yes thetis worked well for me to at one point it ran for 8 hrs in receive .3.4.9 works great for me and I’m lucky to use this software I was just curious .Hope to hear you in DX 73
GW0DQW

Postby GW0DQW » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:17 am

Hi Walter

As a point of interest , which 100 version do you have ?

The all grey one
or
Blue fronted version

Kj6gea

Postby Kj6gea » Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:20 pm

Hi Chris, it’s the first gray face with a Daughter card.It is a good radio for me and I’m happy with it .when I retire in five years I’m going to upgrade to there newest model.73

Return to “PowerSDR mRX”