piHPSDR new: P1+P2+PURESIGNAL+DIVERSITY

dl1ycf

piHPSDR new: P1+P2+PURESIGNAL+DIVERSITY

Postby dl1ycf » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:11 am

Hi folks,

as an outcome of my recent work on piHPSDR, I now can report major improvements:

- working with P1 and P2
- PURESIGNAL working both with P1 and P2
- DIVERSITY implemented a-new, and working with P1 and P2
- CW working in all respects: CAT-CW, LOCAL-CW and internal-CW. You can even do "local CW" without having a GPIO,
since when "internal" is NOT checked in the CW menu, the paddle can be attached to the ANAN and piHPSDR handles the keying.

PURESIGNAL now should also work with HERMES boards in P2 (this was not possible before), but I could not test it myself.

Some demonstrations can be found on dl1ycf.darc.de, the code is on github.com/dl1ycf, and virtually everything has alread been merged by John into his "official" repository on github.com/g0orx.

I have had some beta testers in the U.S., including a ham using it on MacOS. I would like to hear from more hams testing the new version.

Yours, DL1YCF.
administrator

Re: piHPSDR new: P1+P2+PURESIGNAL+DIVERSITY

Postby administrator » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:07 am

Hi Christoph,

Many thanks for your effort and the amazing additions to Pihpsdr, I am running your latest commit and it works really well!

Abhi
DL8LAQ

Postby DL8LAQ » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:38 pm

Hi Christoph,

thank you for your effort to make pihpsdr available on Mac. I have got a MacPro with HighSierra and will test your version soon.

Thank you!

Norbert
73, Norbert - DL8LAQ - ANAN-G2 w/display - Richie's latest Thetis version and pihpsdr by N1GP&DL1YCF
dl1ycf

Postby dl1ycf » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:13 pm

On my github account github.com/dl1ycf you will find a pre-compiled binary and instructions how to load the GTK environment
still needed.

If you are familiar to UNIX/LINUX, you can equally well build it from the sources, also using the "homebrew" universe on MacOS.
But then, you also need to compile WDSP first, and you need several additional libraries, such as fftw, portaudio, etc.

If this remark is "double dutch" (in German: Böhmische Dörfer) to you, try the binary.

Yours, DL1YCF.
w9ac

Postby w9ac » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:08 pm

dl1ycf wrote:On my github account github.com/dl1ycf you will find a pre-compiled binary and instructions how to load the GTK environment
still needed.

If you are familiar to UNIX/LINUX, you can equally well build it from the sources, also using the "homebrew" universe on MacOS.
But then, you also need to compile WDSP first, and you need several additional libraries, such as fftw, portaudio, etc.

If this remark is "double dutch" (in German: Böhmische Dörfer) to you, try the binary.

Yours, DL1YCF.

I have updated my ANAN 7000DLE to Protocol 2.0 but the normal method of upgrading piHPSDR isn't working. I have reviewed the documentation file in the beta release but I don't see a change in the piHPSDR setup routine.

Below, I have copied and pasted my normal set of calls to update piHPSDR to a new revision. I suspect that the new beta code isn't in the GitHub G0ORX subdirectory. Perhaps editing the command lines below will help? If not, what's the best means of updating my piHPSDR to v2.0?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Remove existing directory:

rm pihpsdr.tar

Next, get the new program:

wget https://github.com/g0orx/pihpsdr/raw/ma ... ihpsdr.tar

Extract the files (creates directory pihpsdr):

tar xvf pihpsdr.tar

Copy shared libraries to /usr/local/lib with the following commands:

cd pihpsdr
sudo ./install.sh

Rebuild the library cache:

sudo ldconfig
dl1ycf

Postby dl1ycf » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:46 am

I think what you did is to extract the lastest "released" version. Instead, you should
extract the actual source code tree from the github archive. This works as follows:

- go where you want to have the sources
- issue the command

git clone https://github.com/g0orx/pihpsdr

This creates a sub-folder named "pihpsdr" in the directory where you started

go to the pihpsdr directory, "cd pihpsdr"

then you can make the program "make -j 4" or (if you are on a Macintosh) "make -j 4 -f Makefile.mac"

This should work, provided you have installed the "external" libraries such as gtk3+ etc. Beware, you have to download the WDSP
library first, and compile+install.

Yours,

Christoph DL1YCF.

P.S.: since John is currently working on integrating his changes, you could also try the copy I am maintaining, using

git clone https://github.com/dl1ycf

I just did both versions and found many mis-matches, because obviously John's repository is momentarily "living".
w9ac

Postby w9ac » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:08 pm

dl1ycf wrote:
...then you can make the program "make -j 4" or (if you are on a Macintosh) "make -j 4 -f Makefile.mac"

This should work, provided you have installed the "external" libraries such as gtk3+ etc. Beware, you have to download the WDSP
library first, and compile+install.

I got as far "make -j 4" but that command isn't recognized so it seems like I need the remaining file libraries but I don't know where they're located. Thanks Christoph.

Paul, W9AC
dl1ycf

Postby dl1ycf » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:14 pm

The "make" program belongs to the "core utilities".
Programs such as "make" and "gcc" are indispensable to compile ANY program. To help you further, you must indicate
what kind of computer you are using. I have successfully compiled and run piHPSDR on

MacOS (with "HomeBrew" environment for compiling
RaspberryPi running LINUX (UBUNTU)
Laptop running LINUX (openSUSE)

so chances are not too bad that I can help you. In any case, the computer you want to
compile/run the program on will need internet connection.

Yours,

DL1YCF.
w9ac

Postby w9ac » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:52 pm

dl1ycf wrote:To help you further, you must indicate what kind of computer you are using. I have successfully compiled and run piHPSDR on

MacOS (with "HomeBrew" environment for compiling
RaspberryPi running LINUX (UBUNTU)
Laptop running LINUX (openSUSE)

DL1YCF.

Christoph,

I am using the Apache piHPSDR unit with RaspberryPi.

Paul, W9AC
dl1ycf

Postby dl1ycf » Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:17 pm

In my github account of piHPSDR, I have not include a file named "RaspPi-piHPSDR-Installation.pdf" that documents step-by-step how to get to a running piHPSDR, starting from downloading a Raspian image file that is burnt to a new SD card.

Hope this helps.

Yours Christoph DL1YCF.

Return to “piHPSDR”