Thetis 2.6.7 some issues to fix on next release

K0MO

Thetis 2.6.7 some issues to fix on next release

Postby K0MO » Sat May 11, 2019 6:10 pm

Hi guys,

I have been testing Thetis 2.6.7 with my ANAN-100B 14-bit 10.3 firmware for a couple of days since its release.
So far, it seems to be working fine, except for some issues outlined below:

As you know, the relatively new ANAN-100B that came after the 200D, is PureSignal ready from the factory. As such, it has been performing PS operations flawlessly.

Unfortunately, after Thetis 2.6.4, something has changed. PureSignal isn't working anymore.

1. Starting with Thetis 2.6.7, enabling PS causes firmware to crash. Have to power cycle (press PWR button ON/OFF on the radio) to recover. Have tried different sample rates, buffer sizes, TINT settings with no luck.

2. There is not TX power when enabling BYPASS on Tx when PS is enabled:

Setup/General/AntFilters/BYPASS on Tx box, which is needed to use PS with a linear amplifier together with Xtronics directional coupler.

It seems to me that something has changed when routing the signal path to the ANT connector... I wonder if, I now need to use Ext 1 or Ext 2 on Tx instead of BYPASS on Tx, as I was successfuly using before, for PS operations.

3. Panadapter delay or lag when changing bands.

4. Transmit Profiles changes with box uncheck:

Setup/Transmit:
Auto Save TX Profile on Thetis close
Auto Save TX Profile on change

Very annoying if you want to keep your Tx profiles unchanged.

That's it for now. Hope you can fix those issues soon.

Manny K0MO
ki4nbo

Re: Thetis 2.6.7 some issues to fix on next release

Postby ki4nbo » Mon May 13, 2019 12:13 am

I have experienced the same issues but have some extra to add, if I may...

The average button for the spectrum does nothing and I have an almost full panadapter display of birdies and spikes that are not present in power sdr.. Also on 6m my radio will not return to rx after transmitting, usually have to cycle tx once may bring it back or several times to get it back...

hope these can get ironed out.

Kevin KI4NBO
wa1oxt

Postby wa1oxt » Mon May 13, 2019 3:19 am

Anan 100D SDR Project.
Thetis SW 2.6.7
FW PC2 _v12.1_pre2_5550.rbf.

Problem 1 : Intermittent return to RX after Xmit . Have to cycle Tx/Rx a few times. Observed this on 160 - 10 mtrs.
Action: Have to confirm if the cause is a faulty / lazy Tx/RX relay (hardware) .

Problem 2 : Intermittent crash of entire system. This only happens when going into Xmit (on first key up) , never during Xmit and never while
in Rx.
Windows 10 screen reports an error , collects information , restarts.
Action : Screen capture of error and post.

Regarding Problem 1 , I will report the (hardware) results within 24 hours.
Regarding Problem 2 ... maybe the FPGA fuse is the culprit . Cooling of the 100D motherboard was included in the build cycle. I'm clueless at
this time.

Other than the above issues , the new SW , FW and Audio platform work extremely well !
No Seq issues . APD is stable and providing great IMD results . Rx audio is super and the Xmit audio reports are all positive.

Oh Joy....

oxt
wa1oxt

Postby wa1oxt » Tue May 14, 2019 2:44 am

Anan 100D SDR Project.
Thetis SW 2.6.7

From my last post....

Problem 1 : Intermittent return to RX after Xmit . Have to cycle Tx/Rx a few times. Observed this on 160 - 10 mtrs.
Action: Have to confirm if the cause is a faulty / lazy Tx/RX relay (hardware) .

Problem 1 solved. Replaced the APD relay , hardware issue.

Problem 2 : Intermittent crash of entire system. This only happens when going into Xmit (on first key up) , never during Xmit and never while
in Rx.
No failure as yet.

oxt
ea3aqr

Postby ea3aqr » Tue May 14, 2019 9:14 am

Anan 7000DLE
Thetis 2.6.7
Fw: P2 v2.0 Pre 1

Isuues:

1) The On screen spotting option so many time shows the spotter callsing instead of the DX station
2) Tune step changes randomly from my default selection (100hz) to 10hz. To correct this issue I must clic on VFO A frequency to select it all and then hit "enter". It works for a while until next failure.

I've had both issues also in previous Thetis releases.
New call sign EA3CL
wa1oxt

Postby wa1oxt » Thu May 16, 2019 5:41 pm

Anan 100D SDR Project.
Thetis SW 2.6.7

Regarding my earlier post.
in Rx.

Update:
Crashed 2 times since last post. I don't think it's a SW / FW issue with Thetis.
The computer failed while in RX not Xmit.
Can't provide a screen capture.

Please ignore Post #2
tnx
oxt
wa1oxt

Postby wa1oxt » Tue May 21, 2019 2:31 am

Anan 100D SDR Project.
Thetis SW 2.6.7

Anybody catch this error ?

1. While in Xmit , mouse cross hair readout is incorrect approx 1/2 of filter size ( lower left ) on main GUI .
2. Xmit click / drag feature works , but it's also incorrect.

Example :
While in Xmit do the following.
Set LSB Xmit Filter for 5kc wide . Mouse over the lower edge , filter width displays 1/2 ( 2.5kc) on Xmit GUI.
Move mouse down 2.5kc and filter click / drag works.

oxt
w3ub

Postby w3ub » Thu May 23, 2019 2:08 pm

Some issues I have noticed.

7000DLE
Thetis 2.6.7
FW pre-2.0

About 10% of the time, when starting Thetis, it does not fully start, no splash startup screen, nothing appears to happen. If you re-start it, it complains there is another instance running.

Sometimes, it seems like the bandstack/persistance is not working. You can change back and forth between bands (same bandstack) and it does not return to the original frequency.

Occasionally, the "Mouse Wheel Tunes VFOB" option does not work, it still tunes VFOA. Unchecking this option and then rechecking it will get it working again.

Overall working well.

/Doug
W1AEX

Postby W1AEX » Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:29 pm

200D
Thetis 2.6.7
FW v1.8

Doug,

I also see a startup issue with v2.6.7 about 10% of the time, however, I do get the splash screen and the GUI comes up normally. However, when I press the Start button Thetis does not fully start. The 200D is recognized and the software connects to the hardware but nothing appears in the panadapter and there is no RX audio. Oddly, the radio will transmit but it behaves as if RX-1 and RX-2 are not connected to their assigned ADC. Toggling certain features in the menus will result in the relays clicking inside the 200D but RX-1 and RX-2 remain completely dysfunctional. I made a video demonstrating the incomplete startup issue with a fresh database using v2.6.7 here:

When Thetis gets into this state resetting the database does not correct it, shutting the software down and powering down the 200D and restarting the ANAN and Thetis also does not always bring it back.

About 2 weeks ago I reverted to Thetis v2.6.6 and am running that very successfully with firmware v1.8 (200D) with no sign of the stubborn start up issue. It looks like something might be broken in the RX path with Thetis v2.6.7.

Rob W1AEX
"One thing I am certain of is that there is too much certainty in the world."

Return to “Thetis”