7000DLE Ethernet board type?

FIRMWARE TOPICS ONLY--non-firmware topics will be MOVED
neoklis

7000DLE Ethernet board type?

Postby neoklis » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:57 pm

Hi all

I am trying to add code to my "sdrx" SDR receiver application, to discover the 7000DLE. I hope eventually to be able to add some code to sdrx to make it receive from the 7000DLE. My discovery code reports the rig as below:

sdrx: Discover_IF():
Found device # = 0
Board name = Unknown
Software ver. = 24
Status = 2
IP address = 192.168.2.5
MAC address = (54:10:EC:9A:DE:CA)
on Interface = enp4s0

This means the rig is the first discovered (only one ;) ), the Ethernet interface board name is unknown (reported as device type 10)
and software version is 2.4. The device types I have are as follows (copied from the source of ghpsdr).

#define DEVICE_METIS 0
#define DEVICE_HERMES 1
#define DEVICE_GRIFFIN 2
#define DEVICE_ANGELIA 4
#define DEVICE_ORION 5
#define DEVICE_HERMES_LITE 6

So it seems that device type 10 is ANAN specific but I don't know the relevant name, if any. Also would like to know if software version 2.4 is the latest or whether I should update.

My thanks in advance

Neoklis http://www.5b4az.org
John-G0ORX

Re: 7000DLE Ethernet board type?

Postby John-G0ORX » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:15 pm

Ghpsdr only supports protocol 1. The device types are different in protocol 2. I think the protocol 2 types are in the protocol 2 document.

-- John
John-G0ORX

Postby John-G0ORX » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:28 pm

Sorry after writing the previous I realised it is protocol 1 and not 2. Ghpsdr has not been updated recently so does not have the Orion 2 defined.

The defines in linHPSDR are:

#define OLD_DEVICE_METIS 0
#define OLD_DEVICE_HERMES 1
#define OLD_DEVICE_GRIFFIN 2
#define OLD_DEVICE_ANGELIA 4
#define OLD_DEVICE_ORION 5
#define OLD_DEVICE_HERMES_LITE 6
#define OLD_DEVICE_ORION2 10

#define NEW_DEVICE_ATLAS 0
#define NEW_DEVICE_HERMES 1
#define NEW_DEVICE_HERMES2 2
#define NEW_DEVICE_ANGELIA 3
#define NEW_DEVICE_ORION 4
#define NEW_DEVICE_ORION2 5
#define NEW_DEVICE_HERMES_LITE 6

Where OLD is protocol 1 and NEW is protocol 2.

-- John
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:28 pm

Looking at ghpsdr at Github, it has not been updated in two years. This is probably not a good guide for development.

You should be looking at the clients that remain currently under development for guidance. That would be PowerSDR mRX for Protocol 1 firmware, and Thetis for Protocol 2 firmware. The source code for both is here:

https://github.com/TAPR

You will also find the documentation for both the Protocol 1 and Protocol 2 interfaces, although the P1 doc's are pretty sketchy.

Scott
neoklis

Postby neoklis » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:47 am

John-G0ORX wrote:Sorry after writing the previous I realised it is protocol 1 and not 2. Ghpsdr has not been updated recently so does not have the Orion 2 defined.
-- John

Thanks John, so the 7000DLE MkII is using protocol 1? Since it reports itself as device type 10 (Orion2)?
neoklis

Postby neoklis » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:52 am

w-u-2-o wrote:Looking at ghpsdr at Github, it has not been updated in two years. This is probably not a good guide for development.

You should be looking at the clients that remain currently under development for guidance. That would be PowerSDR mRX for Protocol 1 firmware, and Thetis for Protocol 2 firmware. The source code for both is here:
Scott

OK Thanks Scot, I have installed Windows 7 on my laptop and managed to get PowerSDR to work with the 7000DLE, but Thetis doesn't seem to discover the rig. And PowerSDR doesn't produce any sound O/P on the laptop speakers. Since I have never used Windows (since retiring many years ago!) I guess I will have to learn it first and try again! :D

Return to “Orion Mk II & III Firmware (all 7000, 8000 & Andromeda Variants)”