Band Data from Anan 8000DlE

Robg3xfa

Band Data from Anan 8000DlE

Postby Robg3xfa » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:32 pm

Wonder if you can help me , I am new to Anan radio , just purchased 8000 ,
What I like to know is I have a band decoder switch which selects my different antennas at my station. The protocol is bcd. I take it the dB-9 on the back of the Anan will do that. What I want to know is the pin out on the Anan plus if there is any thing else required to send the band data to my bandmaster 3 ?
If you can help or put me in the right direction.
My email address: g3xfa@btinternet.com
w-u-2-o

Re: Band Data from Anan 8000DlE

Postby w-u-2-o » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:21 pm

The pinout is here:

https://apache-labs.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=2343

You can program the pins to work however you like in Setup > General > ANAN Control, and "Ext Control" must be enabled on that screen.

Each output is basically an open drain FET switch to ground when asserted, and floating (open) when not asserted. You will need to provide pull up resistors on each BCD line and pull each line up to 5V TTL levels. If the Bandmaster has pull ups internally you would not need to do this, but I did not see a schematic in the Bandmaster 3 manual so I don't know. Because of the way this works logic is reversed, i.e. wherever you put an "X" in the control table will generate a "0" (FET turned on and output grounded), wherever a box is unchecked it will generate a "1" (FET turned off and output floating, so pulled up to whatever voltage you are pulling it up to through the pull up resistor).

I see in the Bandmaster 3 manual that it will accept a Kenwood compatible CAT interface. It would probably be easier to wire up a serial cable between your PC and the Bandmaster and do it that way. Simply add an RS-232 serial port to your computer if you don't have one and set up a CAT port in Setup > CAT Control. You get 60 and 75M support that way, too.
Robg3xfa

Postby Robg3xfa » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:58 pm

Hi Scott

found this information on the bandmaster3 for Data

pin 1 BAND data A

pin 2 Band Data From Radio

pin 3 Band Data from Radio

pin 4 Band Data D

pin 5 Ground Screen

pin 6 Band Data B

pin 7 5v For CTS

pin 8 Band Data C

pin 9 icom voltage

Hopefully this will be helpful scot
Robg3xfa

Postby Robg3xfa » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:03 pm

I Take there is no voltage port on the db-9 on the back of the 8000
Robg3xfa

Postby Robg3xfa » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:10 pm

Radio Connector

This connector is used to interface to all radios except Icom. You can use the same cable you would normally connect between the radio and a computer except when using the band data outputs from Yaesu and K3 radios. It is preferred that you use the RS-232 data from the radio and not the band data outputs otherwise there will be reduced functionality. If you still wish to use the band data outputs, you will need to make your own interface cable or purchase a custom cable. Band data signals are labelled A, B, C, D in most radio manuals but may be designated as 1, 2, 3, 4 or 1, 2, 4, 8. Pinouts for the radio connector are shown in the diagram to the right. Consult your radio manual for pinouts on the radio connector.
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:18 pm

Rob,

I did say I read the Bandmaster manual, there was no need to post those excerpts from the manual.

Also, there is no need to PM me after every post. Everyone can see all new posts on the website automatically via a variety of mechanisms.

Are you all set? Do you have the information you need?

Scott
Robg3xfa

Postby Robg3xfa » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:44 pm

Thank you for your help...

73's Rob

Return to “Everything Else: Antennas, Relays, Switches, Power, Grounding, Cooling, etc.”