Thetis v2.6.0 crashes when using Quick Record

K0MO

Thetis v2.6.0 crashes when using Quick Record

Postby K0MO » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:40 pm

Thetis v2.6.0 (4/10/18) beta crashes when using "Quick Record" on ANAN-100B HermesII v10.2 P2 Gigabit firmware.
It happens when trying to make a second recording with the following message:

"The process cannot access the file
C:\Users\Usename\AppData\Roaming\OpenHPSDR\Thetis\SDRQuickAudio.wav
because it is being used by another process."

After pressing OK, Thetis freezes, crashes and closes.
Restarting Thetis doesn't work. It can 't connect to the radio with the following prompt:

"Error starting HPSDR hardware, is it connected and powere?"

Therefore, a Power cycle on the ANAN radio is required to make it work again. I did reset the Database with same result. Wave recording works fine. It is just the "Quick record" issue that is causing the problem.

I had never experienced this issue with PowerSDR mRX PS on P1 firmware.

Manny K0MO
Jay_N2MGA

Re: Thetis v2.6.0 crashes when using Quick Record

Postby Jay_N2MGA » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:13 pm

Hello Manny, I too see this same bug using quick record / playback while trying to do a second recording / playback. I've found that the quick record / playback will work multiple times if you key up the radio xmit Mox button and transmit the playback / unkey the radio back to receive and you'll be able to do a second, third, fourth etc... record/xmit/playback scenario. The bug seems to appear when doing a record and local playback while in receive mode, i.e.; never transmitting the recording. Works once and then on a second attempt the error you mentioned does appear and Thetis closes out requiring a restart of the program. Transmitting the quick record appears to reset something allowing one to do more than one recording and xmit playback.

Your mileage may vary of course, this is just what I experience here using Thetis v 2.6.2 and Thetis v 2.6.0, it could be something amis on my computer if others do not see this pattern.

cheers!
jay
n2mga
K0MO

Re: Thetis v2.6.0 crashes when using Quick Record

Postby K0MO » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:47 pm

Thanks for sharing Jay. I really appreciate your help regarding this issue.

This bug needs to be fixed, even by using the TX workaround you mentioned, this bug would eventually make Thetis crash causing a lot of inconvenience.

Manny K0MO

Return to “Thetis”