MNF - Multi Tracking Notch-Filter

Paco

MNF - Multi Tracking Notch-Filter

Postby Paco » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:41 pm

Hi all,

since PowerSDR mRX PS v3.4.7, the Multi tracking Notch Filter, no longer works with my Anan-100.

It is possible to enter the Notch# 0 (zero) parameters, but MNF has no action

Also, it is not possible to increment Notch#.

Does anyone have the same problem?

Thank you.

73 - François - F6DET
w-u-2-o

Re: MNF - Multi Tracking Notch-Filter

Postby w-u-2-o » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:19 pm

I was able to duplicate this problem. It is a problem with PowerSDR, not your radio, nor is it specific to any particular radio model.

Scott
Paco

Postby Paco » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:14 pm

Thank you for your reply Scott.

I asked the question on the OpenHPSDR mailing list, and only Hagen DL3YCR replied, telling me he had the same problem.

Should ANAN users no longer post on the OpenHPSDR list, but only on Apache-Labs community ?

73 - François - F6DET
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:38 am

François,

You can use whichever community you wish. There are many who continue to prefer a simple mailing list. However, the benefit of a forum is that the wisdom imparted does not disappear into the sands of time, and remains readily available to those who seek it.

Scott
Paco

Postby Paco » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:04 am

Thank you Scott,

Have a good day.

73 - François - F6DET
w4cm

Postby w4cm » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:18 pm

I am new to PowerSdr and Anan.
I have a new 7000.
Did the TNF+ button option go away ?
Where can I find more information about inserting filters ? I watched some videos about the TNF+ method but can not find anything out on how or where to find the filers.

W4CM
Cecil
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:46 am

Cecil,

The TNF function was the only part of the old legacy (Flex) version of PowerSDR that Flex claimed as proprietary. As a result, it had to be eliminated from the version used with openHPSDR architecture radios, which includes those from Apache Labs. This version of PowerSDR, called "PowerSDR mRX PS", is actually VERY different than the old, legacy PowerSDR. Really the only part of PowerSDR that survived is the user interface.

Directions for using the MNFs is here.

Scott
w4cm

Postby w4cm » Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:02 pm

Thanks Scott. Maybe someone will make a video to help.

Cecil
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:30 pm

Are the instructions in the other thread that I linked to above insufficient?
DL5RBW

Postby DL5RBW » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:12 pm

I am not using an ANAN-100 or an ANAN-7000 however it seems to be related to the HPSDR software anyway - the one in use here is mRX PS v3.4.9
Before I got my ANAN an ANAN user told me that the MNF function does not work. Until a few days I kind of had this accepted but curiosity made me look and try around a little bit more serious.

If you open the MNF tab in SETUP you will see the "Multi Notch Filter" field where you can enter the parameters for the Notch Filters. However I found that I cannot use #0. This one has to be left at the default values which are all "0". So Notch #0 will read Center Frequency 0.00000, Width 0 and "Active" enabled. Then you click on "Add" to bring up the count in the "Notch #" field. For Notch #1 you can take over VFOA frequency by clicking on VFOA. You can enter each frequency you want with the keyboard and then proceed with the "Width". I usually set it for 200 Hz up to 700 Hz depending on how strong and wide the offending carrier is. The wider your Notch "window" the more information of the signal you want to hear is lost so just make it wide enough to get sufficient supression of the carrier. Dont forget to enable "Active" and to confirm with ENTER. Then you can click "Add" again and the counter goes up one more for the next set of parameters. Be aware however that if you tuned to the frequency where the tone is audible and then transfer the VFOA frequency you may be a little bit of frequency (depending on the mode). The easiest way is to look up the carrier with the cursor and read out the frequency at the info line below the spectrum. Enter this frequency in the "Multi Notch Filter" menu and you should be able to suppress the offending carrier completely by activating MNF.

Look for a steady carrier (a beacon on 10 m is fine) and play around to get a feeling especially for the frequency setting.
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:44 pm

It's also worth noting that it is easier to see where the notch is if you use the spectrum display mode, instead of panadapter, panafall or waterfall.

Scott

Return to “PowerSDR mRX”