Using VAC button in Power SDR

LGPIGNOLET

Using VAC button in Power SDR

Postby LGPIGNOLET » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:27 pm

Hi
I'm told I can configure VAC buttons with HPSDR using MME as the driver and Microsoft audio MApper for the input and output ..

Well The drop down for the output is Microsoft Mapper - OL , but there is nothing in the drop down for the INPUT..?

Anyone familiar with Microsoft Mapper ..? or best way to configure VAc buttons for routing to another application on the pc..

Tnx's

Larry N1AXB
Joe-W4WT

Re: Using VAC button in Power SDR

Postby Joe-W4WT » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:10 am

Hi Larry,

I've never used MicroSoft Sound Mapper but I just opened Audio-Vac1 and set the Driver to MME and then looked at both the input and output and see the "Microsoft Sound Mapper" option for both. Don't know why you wouldn't see it too. I'm using PowerSDR version 3.4.9.

Joe W4WT
LGPIGNOLET

Postby LGPIGNOLET » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:51 am

what version of os are you using...? WIn 7, Win10, etc tnxs

Not sure if I can reload Sound Mapper or where to get it..?
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:58 am

See here:

https://apache-labs.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2655

In fact, most newbie questions and FAQs you will find at that the forum site. I would encourage you to kick back with your favorite beverage and peruse most of the "sticky" threads in the various sub-forums.

Scott/w-u-2-o

P.S. sorry for the delay in answering, but I just returned from an 18 hour international itinerary followed by a good night's sleep.
LGPIGNOLET

Postby LGPIGNOLET » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:15 am

Tnx's for the reply ,, but The tutorial you pointed me too does not load..?
LGPIGNOLET

Postby LGPIGNOLET » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:49 am

Hi Scott...

So I read the tutorial, very good...
What I don't understand is..... If I want to route Power SDR audio to the speakers in the pc , let's say...

Q Is it still necessary to configure an input device such as a microphone in order to get vac to work...?
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:01 pm

LGPIGNOLET wrote:Hi Scott...

So I read the tutorial, very good...
What I don't understand is..... If I want to route Power SDR audio to the speakers in the pc , let's say...

Q Is it still necessary to configure an input device such as a microphone in order to get vac to work...?

Not at all. Just follow the example of the USB headset in the tutorial. If you have a physical sound device no virtual audio cable software is required. The requirement for VAC software comes about when you have software that can only interface with a physical sound device, which is nearly all software out there.

If everyone started adding a virtual device port on their software app's we wouldn't need VAC software anymore.
LGPIGNOLET

Postby LGPIGNOLET » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:09 pm

Hi Scott...

After going through the configuration,,, I find that there is no recording devices in the list under the SOUND configuration tab in Win 7... but there are speakers under the play back tab... When I go to powersdr I see no input devices under the input tab , but I do see Microsoft Mapper and Realtek audio speakers under the output tab. So it seem to me that the MME driver is functioning...??

As I mentioned I am just trying to route SDR audio to the speakers in the pc to start..

Cheers,
LArry
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:12 pm

I'm not reading any problems here. Did you select the speakers as the output device? If so, do you get audio on your PC speakers from the radio?

Leave the resampler option OFF for now. Use automatic Buffer Latency and large buffer sizes for now.
LGPIGNOLET

Postby LGPIGNOLET » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:33 pm

Hi Scott,,

I did select the speakers and then I enable VAC button , but when I do that Power SDR generates a fault Invalid number of channels ...Try connecting a microphone to your computers sound card.. I then click Ok and get Invalid Stream pointer...
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:32 pm

You must assign a device for both the input and output or PowerSDR will be unhappy. This is an unfortunately limitation (I'd call it a bug, really) of the software.

Re-reading your posts, I see that you have no input devices available. You must create one to assign, even if you are not going to use it. It seems unlikely that your PC does not have a microphone input. If it does, and if that microphone input does not appear in the Windows Sound Control Panel, then you probably need to update your sound interface drivers such that it does. Then you can assign it and the speakers in the VAC setup tab in PowerSDR.
LGPIGNOLET

Postby LGPIGNOLET » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:34 pm

Hi Scott...
I think the driver is working, but I agree I need to assign an input device .... That is the next step.... i'll let you know after I get that done...

While I have you ,,, IS there a better more up to date manual available for the ANAN 7000 somewhere..?

The one I have is dated Oct 2017...
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:29 pm

There is no more recent manual that I know of. Yes, it is not adequate to the task, but that is why there is this forum ;)

Return to “PowerSDR mRX”