ANAN 10-E Pure signal port.

cleanrf

ANAN 10-E Pure signal port.

Postby cleanrf » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:23 pm

I do not have a bypass or Ext1 port on the reap panel of the anan 10-e. Maybe I missed something in the manual but I did not see this info. I have the XDC-4SO coupler and 20db attenuator and sma cable. Amplifier is usually used at about 1200 -1450 pep.

Thanks for any help.
w-u-2-o

Re: ANAN 10-E Pure signal port.

Postby w-u-2-o » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:29 pm

The 10, and the 10E, will not run PureSignal with an external feedback source without internal modifications.

And, wow, for the first time I am going to actually point back from the forum here to a thread on the old Yahoo Group!

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/apache-labs/conversations/topics/25764

This is a lengthy thread, nearly 30 posts on the subject. The thread rambles around a little bit, but if you read all 30 posts the information is in there.

I don't own a 10E, but if I did, I would be inclined to modify K19 such that the side that is normally grounded is instead routed to an SMA on the rear panel. Then that SMA could be attached to the coupler output (through whatever amount of attenuation is appropriate for the power levels involved). With this setup I'd also put a 50 Ohm terminator on J5.

Scott
cleanrf

Postby cleanrf » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:09 pm

I will go have a look.
Thanks for the advice.
cleanrf

Postby cleanrf » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:11 pm

When you sat SMA on the rear panel, are you suggesting adding an additional SMA connector? When you say J5 are you referring the the accessory port or something else? [EDIT] I found J5.

I found where it looks like Bill W7AAZ figured out a way to make pure signal work. I will reread what he has done to try and get a better understanding. Also what is the difference between the 10 and 10-e?

Thanks

w-u-2-o wrote:The 10, and the 10E, will not run PureSignal with an external feedback source without internal modifications.

And, wow, for the first time I am going to actually point back from the forum here to a thread on the old Yahoo Group!

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/apache-labs/conversations/topics/25764

This is a lengthy thread, nearly 30 posts on the subject. The thread rambles around a little bit, but if you read all 30 posts the information is in there.

I don't own a 10E, but if I did, I would be inclined to modify K19 such that the side that is normally grounded is instead routed to an SMA on the rear panel. Then that SMA could be attached to the coupler output (through whatever amount of attenuation is appropriate for the power levels involved). With this setup I'd also put a 50 Ohm terminator on J5.

Scott
Last edited by cleanrf on Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:29 am

Yes, an additional SMA. J5 is the connector labeled "RX" on the rear panel. If you look through the 30 posts in that Yahoo thread, you'll find in one of them a block diagram that shows all of this quite clearly. Look for the post with the block diagram attached.

The physical differences between the 10 and the 10E are:

- The 10 has a larger, more capable FPGA.
- The 10 has a 16 bit ADC, the 10E has a 14 bit ADC.

The functional differences are minimal.

Return to “PureSignal Operations (PowerSDR & Thetis)”