Anan 10-E remote operation.

cleanrf

Anan 10-E remote operation.

Postby cleanrf » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:16 pm

Does anyone have a link etc to what is needed to remotely operate my apache labs anan 10-E?
I do not want to do it full time just while I am away for a few days. I have remote antenna switch and ways to remotely power on and off my amplifier. I just need to know if I can simply use a remote desktop option like logmein and if so how do I connect the audio in and out and which software works best for this? I hope I am not asking a question that has been answered multiple times. I tried searching but come up with a lot of different answers. While at the QTH I use a condensor mic and a few audio items to feed the mic input of the radio. I do not plan to involve these items while operation remotely. QTH computer is Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processors 16 GB ram.
Remote computer is a laptop with Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.4GHz, 16 GB ram.

Thanks in advance
Steve
w-u-2-o

Re: Anan 10-E remote operation.

Postby w-u-2-o » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:38 pm

Hi Steve,

The answer to your question is "Yes, but..."

I have done this very successfully. Unfortunately I have not put together a tutorial yet. It is not a subject that has been well covered anywhere, so it's not surprising that your searching has not amounted to much.

There are a few general points to consider:

1. Latency of the selected remote desktop sharing method.

Most of the tools that wash the connection through third party servers so that no ports have to be opened on the router, for example Logmein, have terrible latency, usually on the order of multiple seconds. This makes it impossible to use the radio. Teamviewer is the fastest I've tried, but even it runs hot and cold. Sometimes it's performance is good, sometimes not so good.

A much better and faster approach is to go ahead and open a port on the router for forwarding and use something that provides a direct connection to the home PC. It would also be good if this approach also supports audio, which pretty much leaves out any of the popular VNC client/server implementations. This essentially leaves only a single solution: Microsoft Remote Desktop (RDP). However, RDP requires that the server be running a "Pro" version of Windows, for example Windows 10 Pro. The remote client can be running nearly any modern version of Windows.

If you don't have the right version of the operating system at home, then you are probably better off setting up the RCForb client and server software from http://www.remotehams.com/ This will get you low latency PTT control and audio. You can supplement this with high latency screen sharing solution for looking at the spectral display and for controls not directly supported by the RCForb connection.

2. Audio connections.

On the client side the obvious solution is a USB headset. They actually sound pretty good, even the cheap ones. I use a Microsoft Lifechat LX3000 and get very good signal reports with it.

If you are using RDP you need to turn on the correct options on the client side for sending/receiving audio on the remote client. Sometimes there are some things that go wrong with this and you may need to do some fussy registry editing to fix it. It's best to solve this problem by testing locally first and using just regular Windows programs to test, not PowerSDR.

If you are using RDP, and have got audio moving properly between the client and server in both directions, then you need to solve the problem of getting audio from the VAC interface to the remote client. You would think you could just assign PowerSDR to use the default audio devices on the server, but when the RDP session is instantiated those devices change to devices called "Remote Audio". This drives PowerSDR crazy and can cause it to not work, crash, or even not start. PowerSDR is insanely sensitive to changes in audio device states :(

To solve the PowerSDR issues with the RDP instantiated Remote Audio device, use Voicemeeter Banana (VMB) to insulate PowerSDR from the "real world". Point the PowerSDR VAC connections to VMB, assigned Remote Audio to a VMB channel, then make the connections in VMB. It's a minor complexity, but it solves the problem quite neatly.

If you are using RCForb, then you'll need to use something like VMB also, in order to make the connections between the PowerSDR VAC interface and the RCForb server.

3. Control connections.

If you are using RDP, it's what you see is what you get. Use MOX , VOX or the spacebar for PTT.

If you are using RCForb, then you'll need a virtual serial port program to make the requisite CAT connections between PowerSDR and RCForb.

4. Internet bandwidth/performance requirements.

If you are using RDP, if you have a blazingly fast connection you can get away with murder, i.e. do whatever you want. However, if you have a slow connection it pays to lower the panadapter and waterfall update rates to 15Hz or less, and to minimize the PowerSDR window on the server as much as possible. I have operated with internet speeds as low as 1Mb/s this way, and even over a cellular data tether. 2Mb/s is much more comfortable, though.

If you are using RCForb, since it's just low rate audio and CAT commands the internet speed requirements are quite minimal, unless of course you are also using screen sharing to supplement it.

I realize all of the above is somewhat light on details. The RDP stuff can be a bit fussy to set up, but once it is set up it is very convenient to make just one connection for screen sharing, control and audio, and performance is superb. I've actually got a real VPN router (not a software VPN) and connect to my house for remote op's via VPN from my laptop. No holes in the router firewall and so totally secure. Before that I did open a hole for RDP, but I put it on a non-traditional port (8080) because when it was on the standard RDP port I got hammered by port scanners.

Scott
cleanrf

Postby cleanrf » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:28 am

Thanks so much for the reply. I have windows 7 pro on the home side. I will purchase a VPN router if that's best. My internet connection is wireless (I am in the country) but works rather well considering. 10-30 ms ping time, 12-15 mbps down, 3.5 or up. I am eager to make this happen.

I edited the post to ask, when using RDP would I just connect the anan 10-e to the home, qth computer using 1/8" stereo plug to 1/8" stereo male to male jumper for speakers and 1/8" to 1/8" male to male for mic? Mic in on on sound card, line in on sound card for receive audio?

Thanks in advance.
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:10 pm

cleanrf wrote:Thanks so much for the reply. I have windows 7 pro on the home side. I will purchase a VPN router if that's best. My internet connection is wireless (I am in the country) but works rather well considering. 10-30 ms ping time, 12-15 mbps down, 3.5 or up. I am eager to make this happen.

While I would definitely encourage you to use a VPN router, the first order of business it to just get things working inside your house, on your LAN. I'd recommend proceeding in a careful stepwise fashion as follows:

1. Get RDP set up and working from your remote computer to your home computer on you LAN.
2. Get RDP remote audio playback working. Play some Youtube or something on your home computer, see if you can hear it on the remote.
3. Get RDP remote audio recording working. Put something on the home computer that uses microphone audio, like Skype, and see if audio from the remote gets there. Indeed, try making a Skype call while Skype runs on the home computer but you are RDP'd in from the remote computer. If you can do that then all the RDP heavy lifting is done.

Once you've got all that working, then comes the tricky part of interfacing it to the radio.

I edited the post to ask, when using RDP would I just connect the anan 10-e to the home, qth computer using 1/8" stereo plug to 1/8" stereo male to male jumper for speakers and 1/8" to 1/8" male to male for mic? Mic in on on sound card, line in on sound card for receive audio?

There are two ways to go about this problem. The first is hardware-centric, which is what you are suggesting above. I have no experience with this method.

The second method is software-centric, whereby you bring audio into and out of the VAC (virtual audio cable) interface on PowerSDR. This is the method I am familiar with. Are you familiar with using virtual audio connections, for instance between PowerSDR and something like Fldigi or WSJT-X?

Scott
cleanrf

Postby cleanrf » Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:09 am

w-u-2-o wrote:
The second method is software-centric, whereby you bring audio into and out of the VAC (virtual audio cable) interface on PowerSDR. This is the method I am familiar with. Are you familiar with using virtual audio connections, for instance between PowerSDR and something like Fldigi or WSJT-X?

Scott

No I am not familiar but will learn. When you mention PowerSDR is this the same as openhpsdr? This is what I am using now but can use whatever makes all of this possible.

I am going to start a new thread about another question I have regarding a remote watt meter.
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:30 pm

openHPSDR is probably more correctly used to describe the overall community of products: architecture, firmware, software, etc., whereas PowerSDR mRX is the current, mainstream thick client software application used as part of that family of products (not that there aren't other client choices). It is probably worth noting that PowerSDR mRX now essentially only retains the UI of the original, legacy application, called PowerSDR, that was used with the older Flex radios (1000, 1500, 3000, 5000). Under the hood it is nearly entirely different.

While it does not describe how to set up remote audio, you will probably find my VAC tutorial helpful:

http://wu2o.dyndns.org/wu2o_vac_tutorial_2.html

You can try setting up a USB headset on the home computer as an initial exercise. Then perhaps follow that up by installing Voicemeeter Banana and running the USB headset through that into PowerSDR mRX. If you get that far it will be just a tiny hop to use the RDP Remote Audio devices instead.

Scott
marc

Postby marc » Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:06 pm

Hi
I would be very cautious when configuring an RDP (or it’s Citrix equivalent). These proto have not been developed to transmit stream oriented applications (that’s the reason why both editors have developed rather expansive streaming dedicated servers).

The speed of the Windows interface via such a client-server architecture only “seems” quick and smooth.. but it’s the result of many tricks and technical tradeoffs. Amongst them, the fact that only portions of the screen are refreshed -and not the full screen- during remote session (and that just doesn’t work if you want a waterfall or spectrum). A simple “blinking cursor” costs a lot in term of network throughput. And if I may add, putting another encryption layer with a vpn (RDP is encrypted on it’s basic “windows” version as far as I know) will weighing the transfer rate.

As Scott already mentioned, you’ll have probably to reduce the width of your spectrum/waterfall, the size of the bins, and many other fancy stuff like the color’s deep, non essential tasks etc..

Another option, but technically more complex compared to a “windows based” solution, would be John Melton’s GHPSDR client-server remote operation. It’s a Linux based server able to deliver an IQ stream to remote clients under Linux, Windows or Android. Alex Lee 9V1AL has developed a fork of this project called “GHPSDR3-Alex”.

http://napan.ca/ghpsdr3/index.php/Main_Page

From a network (WAN) perspective, it’s considerably more efficient than an RDP session. The only thing that goes thru your Wan segment is a portion of the spectrum you want to listen to (I/Q signals encapsulated into IP packets). And that’s all : a raw SDR signal over the Internet, without all the bells and whistles of the Windows environment.

You will need a specific remote SDR client. So far, you have at least QTradio and an android based software (glsdr).
I won’t say it will be the best approach, as building (compiling) such an architecture is a tedious job (some would say “a pain in the …” ) if you’re not familiar with Linux development environment. But for a given bandwidth, it’s probably the most performant solution. And working with only 3.5 Mbps is a serious bottleneck.

VY 73
Marc f6itu

You can always test such a configuration without spending a dime by just installing the client software (glsdr on a tablet, QTradio on your windows computer) and try to connect to one of the many "public" GHPSDR servers around the world. Some of them are using Hermes and Angelia based transceivers (that's specified on the "available servers" list) . As you can imagine, the transmitting commands/functions are not allowed on these remote stations.
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:00 pm

marc wrote:Hi
I would be very cautious when configuring an RDP (or it’s Citrix equivalent).

There's absolutely no need for caution. I have run remote quite often with RDP and, other than needing to be precise about the way you route audio, it works perfectly, no fuss, no muss.

<GPHPSDR> From a network (WAN) perspective, it’s considerably more efficient than an RDP session. The only thing that goes thru your Wan segment is a portion of the spectrum you want to listen to (I/Q signals encapsulated into IP packets). And that’s all : a raw SDR signal over the Internet, without all the bells and whistles of the Windows environment.

This will actually be far less efficient as described, although perhaps I am misunderstanding. If that client/server architecture sends IQ that makes it "thick client" and not "thin client. If you want to look at and process merely 48KHz worth of bandwidth, then you are going to be looking at 48000 x 32 bits/sample (one each 16 bit I and Q word), which nets you over 12Mb/s. Meanwhile, with a fully minimized PowerSDR client running at 15Hz on the panafall, that plus audio easily moves over RDP, including VPN overhead, at well under 2Mb/s and allows you to watch 192KHz worth of bandwidth. Indeed, this is how Flex does it, they just move display data and audio, and the Maestro runs under 2Mb/s as well.

If all you want to move is audio and not use any displays, the RCForb client/server is the way to go. It's mature, stable and far easier to configure vs. standing up a Linux client/server environment, then compiling and debugging everything you need on both sides.

Nevertheless, perhaps a worthy project for those who find Linux intriguing. But I'm so totally spoiled by PureSignal, NR2, the new TX audio features, and a dozen other things in PowerSDR, that I have trouble using anything else!

73!

Scott
marc

Postby marc » Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:53 am

Agreed Scott
I don't know any client software that reach the level of quality and user's experience that PwrSDR Mrx gives us.

I was just explaining that a "heavy client" was probably more efficient than a "super-duper-heavy client" like a remote desktop based on RDP (I'm using Citrix and Terminal Server architecture on WAN and LAN for more than 20 years).

From a pure radio signal standpoint , RDP, as you said, is barely able to transmit more than audio . From my point of view, it's a limitation and you don't need a full fledge SDR to make the equivalent of a phone patch. ( I exaggerate, but I hope you understand this understatement).

I should have mentionned that the sampling rate of the server side of GHPSDR could be limited to "fit" the usable bandwidth/users load (channelization of each "i/q stream"). That you can drive up to 4 SDR at the same time on different frequencies. That concurrent access to the same rig is always possible (no modal application as in RDP based session). And that kind of architecture opens unlimited possibilities of local signal management covering simultaneous multiple waveform decoding/demodulation, even in a multiuser realm.

I'ts a simple question of final use. If one intend to make basic communications, ragchewing etc, while keeping a hand on the hardware command interface (like Predistortion), remote desktop architecture is certainly the quickest and simplest way to follow. But for ham that intend to "experiment and learn for fun and profit", software like GHPSDR or SDR-Cloud
http://www.cloud-sdr.com/what-is-cloud-sdr/
deserve a try. (And BTW, one could imagine a remote client with NR2)

And please accept my apologies if you got the impression I wanted to contradict you. That was not my intentions. My knowledge of the English language does not allow me to translate accurately the details and background of my thought

73'
Marc f6itu
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:55 am

marc wrote:And please accept my apologies if you got the impression I wanted to contradict you. That was not my intentions. My knowledge of the English language does not allow me to translate accurately the details and background of my thought

Not at all, Marc! And your English is outstanding, no worries there! :)

My understanding of the Flex Maestro is that it is essentially an RDP-like affair, with multiple audio streams being mixed into one at the server end. The same would be true using RDP and PowerSDR, which is, again, why I use it like that.

At the end of the day, why have your client do anything that can be done on the server? All you need is a single audio stream (mixed appropriately on the server), the video from the various panadapter/panafall/waterfall diplays, again put together for you on the server, and control functionality. Let the server do as much of the work as possible.

73!

Scott
marc

Postby marc » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:17 pm

Ah, Scott... you're a terrible devil's advocate

I don't want to "fork" this thread, but yes, indeed, at the end of the day, my software client (well... sort of if I consider my ugly GRC applications) could have perfectly run all the day long without receiving the smallest audio stream. (I'm often playing with digital transmissions...)

I'm definitely convinced that digital communications, voice and data (and images), are the future of ham radio. This, and radio networks too. Analog based point to point signals belong to the past. I don't mean they are oudated, I just mean they are not the only way to use our frequencies and should coexist with other and newer way of transmissions. And evolution of protocols must take acount of this evolution.

It only is the responsibility of the ham community to decide wether they will be eaten by the Big Three, playing with fully closed and commercial modulation schemes (like D-Star/Ambe codec and gateways working over Telco operated networks) or they will survive developping and using open standards (FreeDV/codec2 over uhf tcp/ip medium speed networking mesh infrastructure etc)

... and without a serious baseband SDR and adapted remote link layers for remote operation/administration, it will be hard to reach this goal.

But I didn't want to hijack this conversation... you tempted me...

73'
Marc f6itu
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:20 pm

Well, let's get it back on track! ;)

Steve--how are you making out with your remote efforts?
cleanrf

Postby cleanrf » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:25 am

I have been busy so I have been working in phases on this project. I have the client (Laptop) able to log into the main machine and control powersdr via RDP while in my LAN. I have not been able to access from outside the LAN. I need to change my router, turns out I bought a netgear r6300v2 a few years ago and never used it. It appears this can be used as a VPN, not sure will do more research. I was also able to hear receive audio through main PC speakers using voicemeeter banana (I believe thats what I allowed it as I set it up as in and out in VAC 1 in powersdr) I normally use stand alone computer speakers plugged into the front panel of the anan 10-e. I cannot however hear audio on the remote client (Laptop) but can hear youtube etc. I keep getting an error, something about plugging in mic to sound card or something. Busy day, new puppy, mowing and Texas heat, I am pooped.
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:45 pm

Hi Steve,

Sounds like good progress!

Concentrate on getting everything to work over the LAN, first. In VMB you need to assign "Remote Audio" as one of your output devices. The "Remote Audio" devices only show up when you have an RDP session running, so you have to configure it via RDP (tricky!) On the channel you've got PowerSDR attached to make sure to click the correct "send" button to get the audio from that channel going to the Remote Audio output.

For example, if Remote Audio is on A2, then on whatever channel you've assigned to PowerSDR, activate the A2 button.

BTW, your router is not VPN capable. So you will have to open a port up (port forwarding). This is not hard. You'll also need to set up dynamic DNS services.

73!

Scott
cleanrf

Postby cleanrf » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:40 pm

Still trying to figure out voicemeeter banana. I only have a few choices in the hardware in or out pull downs.
I have installed skype because I was getting an error when using rdp that I needed to plug a mic into soundcard and a port error, I believe it was port #3889 or #3899, its been a few days ago. I have VAC working for receive while using the desktop (main) pc. Still haven't spend much time trying to use a microphone through the computer. I have ordered a USB headset. I normally feed my audio chain (Presonus studio channel, behringer 9024, samson 31 band EQ and MXL 990 microphone) into the front jack on the anan 10-e. When I switch RDP while power SDR is running on the main machine I hear a short blip on the noise floor of the radio or someone talking etc then silence. Haven't quite figured that out either. I have been rather busy but will try to spend some time on it tonight. I will attach a few pics of the pull downs I see in voicemeeter banana on the main PC with using RDP.Image

w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:09 am

Have you read any of this tutorial yet?

cleanrf

Postby cleanrf » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:31 am

w-u-2-o wrote:Have you read any of this tutorial yet?

Going to read now. Thanks
cleanrf

Postby cleanrf » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:34 am

I can operate the radio without issue on the home PC using VM banana, microsoft LX-3000 headset. In the VAC settings in the anan I have it set for MME, VM etc but when I try using the laptop inside my network in RDP I get an error that no mic is plugged into sound card. I close powersdr, VM banana and close RDP connection, go back to home PC, open powersdr and the VAC settings are changed back to microsoft sound mapper in and out device. Any help would be appreciated.
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:49 pm

OK, that's good progress. You did not say if you were successful in passing audio in both directions over RDP using something like Skype. If you have NOT been able to do this, then there is probably something we need to fix before moving on with the following steps. So please tell us if that is the case or not. It is very important to your success.

Assuming that you have been successful using Skype or something like that remotely, then:

Step 1: in VMB turn on the options for System Tray (Run at Startup) and Auto Restart Audio Engine. VMB must be running before PowerSDR or PowerSDR will not find it and lose its VAC settings. With VMB starting up with the system automatically, this will not happen again. When the system does start, you will find a VMB icon in the System Tray. Click on it when you need to bring up VMB to change settings. Otherwise just let it run in the background all the time when the PC is running. It won't hurt anything.

I'm going to assume that you have VMB Hardware Input 1 set to your LX3000, and VMB Hardware Out A1 set to your LX3000 for local testing. I'm going to further assume that you have PowerSDR attached to Voicemeeter Input and Voicemeeter Output (NOT the "Aux" selections). That is good. It means you have figured out the basics of VMB. If any of this is not true then I need to know what your setup is exactly. Post a screenshot of the main VMB display and the PowerSDR VAC setup window if you have to.

Step 2: when you are connected via RDP, on VMB Hardware Input 2 choose Remote Audio and turn on the B1 send. On VMB Hardware Out A2 choose Remote Audio. On the Voicemeeter VAIO channel turn on both the A1 send (for local use) and the A2 send (for remote use). You can't do this except when you are connected via RDP because the Remote Audio device does not exist without an RDP connection active.

Step 3: when you are connected via RDP, and have started PowerSDR, if receive audio is not flowing you might need to go into VMB, hit Menu, and select "Restart Audio Engine", however the auto-restart setting is supposed to do this for you.

That should do it. When we get this working then we can work on doing this from outside your router/firewall.

Scott
cleanrf

Postby cleanrf » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:41 pm

I have not been successful passing audio in RDP. I can open and control powersdr in RDP with VAC disabled but when I enable VAC and power on powersdr I get this error.
(invalid number of channels try connecting a microphone to your computers sound card portaudio: 9998)

Thank you for taking the time to help me get this working.
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:08 pm

cleanrf wrote:I have not been successful passing audio in RDP. I can open and control powersdr in RDP with VAC disabled but when I enable VAC and power on powersdr I get this error.
(invalid number of channels try connecting a microphone to your computers sound card portaudio: 9998)

Have you read my previous post? Have you got audio working in RDP with ANY OTHER APPLICATION BESIDES PowerSDR?

Scott
cleanrf

Postby cleanrf » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:39 am

w-u-2-o wrote:
cleanrf wrote:I have not been successful passing audio in RDP. I can open and control powersdr in RDP with VAC disabled but when I enable VAC and power on powersdr I get this error.

Have you read my previous post? Have you got audio working in RDP with ANY OTHER APPLICATION BESIDES PowerSDR?

Scott

Yes, youtube, mp3's etc work using RDP while on my lan
cleanrf

Postby cleanrf » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:43 am

cleanrf wrote:
w-u-2-o wrote:

Scott

Yes, youtube, mp3's etc work using RDP while on my lan

I also got skype working using 2 accounts, one for main pc and one for cliant pc. I have the audio settings in skype pointing to VM banana. I have been busy at work and my ADHD makes it hard to concentrate sometimes :?

I still get the (invalid number of channels try connecting a microphone to your computers sound card portaudio: 9998) on the remote machine when I power up powerSDR. I will work on it tomorrow. Thanks for your help and patience.
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:46 am

cleanrf wrote:I also got skype working using 2 accounts, one for main pc and one for cliant pc.

That's wrong. I think you misunderstood again. At least we know audio is flowing from the main PC to the remote PC via RDP.

Put Skype on the main PC. Do not use VMB. Connect to your main PC using RDP. Using the headset on your remote machine, make a test Skype call using the copy on the main PC. This proves two-way audio without the complexities of VMB and PowerSDR.

Also, check the following registry entry on the remote client machine using regedit:

Code: Select all

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server\WinStations\RDP-Tcp

fDisableAudioCapture REG_DWORD 0 | 1

That key, if present, must be set to 0.
cleanrf

Postby cleanrf » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:37 pm

I will do all of this this evening and report back.
cleanrf

Postby cleanrf » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:07 am

I have checked everything I can think of. I have checked the registry and its correct (Marked to 0)
I have went into gpedit.msc and enabled "Allow audio recording redirection"
I still do not show a mic or any recording device on the server machine when viewed from client.
I can make a skype call from the client machine and hear but have no mic and show no mic in the skype window etc.
Could it be because I am using windows 10 "HOME" version on the client? I am using windows 7 professional on the server (QTH) side.

Thanks for any help.
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:24 am

Very frustrating. My apologies, I am somewhat at a loss. Clients are supposed to be the same across all Windows versions, only the server side requires "pro" or "enterprise". And I do not have a PC with Windows 10 Home on it to try.

Do you happen to have another PC you can try as a client?

Just hacking now...perhaps try the same registry change on the server side?

Scott
cleanrf

Postby cleanrf » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:25 pm

I changed registry keys on both machines. I don't have another PC here I can use to test. I may be able to borrow one from a friend. I will ask him this evening. I believe his laptop is a windows 7 machine.

It is frustrating, I can get everything working but recording audio so no mic. I got all of my relays for power amp on, coax switch, coax disconnect etc all working from outside lan just have to figure this out.

Reluctant to upgrade my 7 machine with 10 but wonder if upgrading my windows 10 home laptop to pro etc would possibly solve the problem.
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:58 pm

That is frustrating! I wish I knew what is wrong. And you've done all the hard parts if you've got it working outside the router firewall!
cleanrf

Postby cleanrf » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:44 pm

Haven't got it to work outside of my home network. Both machines at the house are wirelessly connected to my router. I am about to direct wire the home machine just to make me feel better. I am going to check and see if the windows 10 home edition may be causing this. I have read somewhere on the net that it will not allow the recorded audio but not sure that's true. If so I will upgrade to the pro version or whatever. At this point I am almost desperate :-)

Return to “Remote Operation Over The Internet”