PowerSDR mRX PS v3.4.1 - Embedded CFC Preset TX Profiles

W1AEX

PowerSDR mRX PS v3.4.1 - Embedded CFC Preset TX Profiles

Postby W1AEX » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:39 pm

If you have used any of the CFC preset profiles (SSB 2.8k CFC, SSB 3.0k CFC, SSB 3.3k CFC, AM 10k CFC) that are embedded in the new v3.4.1 release, you may have noticed that they induce noticeably high latency when they are being used. This is because I inadvertently built them with a TX profile that had a TX SSB/AM filter size of 16384. This results in an extremely sharp transmit filter at the expense of lower latency. If you wish to eliminate the additional latency, simply go to the Setup>DSP>Options tab and change the 16384 value to the default 2048 value, then save the profile.

As an alternative, you can download the TX profiles at the page below and use the new "Import Database" option for installing transmit profiles:

http://www.w1aex.com/anan/profiles/tx_profiles.html

In addition to the original preset profiles, there is an additional profile called SSB 2.8k DX that utilizes the CFC components in addition to COMP, CESSB, and the new ALC Max Gain setting. It's loud and penetrating sounding so I wouldn't use it for casual conversation with nearby friends!

Apologies for any inconvenience with the embedded high latency transmit profiles.

Rob W1AEX
"One thing I am certain of is that there is too much certainty in the world."
G3NPI

Re: PowerSDR mRX PS v3.4.1 - Embedded CFC Preset TX Profiles

Postby G3NPI » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:35 pm

I have been trying the new transmit profiles and will try the ultimate dx version during an up coming vhf contest!! However, I use a transverter and after loading a new transmit profile I find the XVTR profile has been dropped and even doing an Import Database does not restore it. Presumably the XVTR settings are not saved with the Database. If that is the case, I wonder if it could be considered for the next release.

TIA

Geoff G3NPI
W1AEX

Postby W1AEX » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:28 pm

Hi Geoff,

I'm not a programmer, and I have never run a transverter with my ANAN radios, but I was curious to see what references to the transverter settings were present in the database.xml file. Apparently, with the exception of the first two entries below which define the element name "XVTR" and toggle whether or not the transverter button in the GUI is enabled or not, the only other "XVTR" entries are listed in the "State" table and refer to diversity rx settings along with the pandadapter and waterfall settings. I'm not sure if there are other settings for transverter use or where they might be stored as the only xml files I am aware of are the main database.xml, memory.xml, and the DXMemory.xml files. It's a puzzle (to me) why importing a TX profile would undo the transverter settings you have entered, unless the import process overwrites the state table in the database.

Hope there is a solution out there for you!

Rob W1AEX

</xs:element>
<xs:element name="XVTR">

<Options>
<Key>chkEnableXVTRHF</Key>

<State>
<Key>diversity_gain_xvtr</Key>
<Key>diversity_gain_r2_xvtr</Key
<Key>diversity_phase_xvtr</Key>
<Key>waterfall_high_threshold_xvtr</Key>
<Key>waterfall_low_threshold_xvtr</Key>
<Key>rx2_waterfall_high_threshold_xvtr</Key>
<Key>rx2_waterfall_low_threshold_xvtr</Key>
<Key>display_grid_max_xvtr</Key>
<Key>display_grid_min_xvtr</Key>
<Key>rx2_display_grid_max_xvtr</Key>
<Key>rx2_display_grid_min_xvtr</Key>
W2PA

Postby W2PA » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:29 pm

Importing a TXProfile doesn't touch either the State table or the Options table, as they aren't present at all in a TXProfile database file. There is a separate table just for TXProfiles named, appropriately enough, TXProfile.

I will look into how xvtr settings are saved. Rob has identified the ones that are. The nice thing about XML is it's mostly readable.

Which settings are you seeing not being saved?
Chris, W2PA
G3NPI

Postby G3NPI » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:25 pm

Thank you for having a look at this problem. If I Export the Database then Import it, the XVTR Setup page is completely blank. So it is as if it is deleted and not saved.
I hope it is fixable, because for operators with a few Transverters connected it takes a while to restore them. However I do love not having to reinstall all the other parameters.

Using w10, ANAN10 and v3.4.1 HPSDR

Geoff G3NPI
W1AEX

Postby W1AEX » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:29 pm

Hi Geoff,

Is it the XVTR Setup form where the data is lost each time you import a TX profile? I have to admit that I did not even know that form was there because I have never used a transverter with my ANAN.

Thanks and 73,

Rob W1AEX

G3NPI

Postby G3NPI » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:52 pm

Hi Rob,

Sorry for the delay in replying. We have been on holiday.
Yes that is the form which is cleared and has to be repopulated on reload.

Geoff G3NPI
G3NPI

Postby G3NPI » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:30 am

Thank you for fixing the XVTR issue in v3.4.2. Very grateful.

Geoff G3NPI

Return to “PowerSDR mRX”