OC Control / XTRV / PureSignal

dl4rce

OC Control / XTRV / PureSignal

Postby dl4rce » Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:40 pm

Dear Thetis community, I am thinking of purchasing an ANAN TRX and maybe moving away from Flexradio. Therefore I do have to understand something regarding Thetis/Anan.

Since I am using the Flexradio PowerGenius amplifier I need two PTT Outs A/B in order to use SO2R.

Within Setup/General/OC/HF Control there are possibilities to use the PINs of the OC 9 Pin Connector on the back.

thetis1.png
thetis1.png (42.25 KiB) Viewed 839 times

Am I right that with this configuration when I "ptt" 160-40m I will have OC out 1 triggered and for 20/15/10/6m I will have OC 2 triggered?

With this I could VFO A (TX) (using bands 10-20m) trigger PTT on Port A of PGXL and VFO B (TX) trigger PTT on Port B of PGXL.

With Flex ANT1 TX always triggers Port A PGXL and ANT2 TX always triggers Port B PGXL which is more convenient since I do not have to define bands (if the above works) to TX ports.

If there is a possibility to poll via CAT which VFO has "TX active" I could just switch the "PTT Out" of the Anan to the respective port with node red triggering a relayboard. Therefor I would have more flexibility.

This would also account for the "-60dBc output signal" ports at the PGXL since the feedback has to come from the transmitting port. I thought of just coupling it with -3db wilkinson power divider so that I only have one feedback line to the Anan => thoughts?

---

Withhin Thetis I configured XVTR and assigned buttons 0/1 (VHF/UHF). I see that Setup/General/OC/VHF I do have a matrix as well. Are the "Bands" linked to the XVTR setup? So that when in VHF/UHF mode I can trigger specific OC Pins to have PTT on my transverters or will it be defined by the input frequency (28MHz)?

thetis2.png
thetis2.png (45.09 KiB) Viewed 839 times

---

For freuqency CAT output I understood that I can just open a port Setup/General/Serial/Serial. Since VFO A/B are not distinguished here (At Flex you can define Freq output for VFO A/B seperatly) I will be using node red to poll VFO A/B (with proper CAT commands), to send it to my PGXL/TGXL/AG2x8.

---

Thanks for taking the time. If something is not clear I´ll try to sort it out. Just for everyone´s understanding I do not have an ANAN yet and have to figure out abvove points to make a decision.

Thanks a lot,

73 de Volker, DL4RCE

Return to “Thetis”