Red square, green square

KC4LZN

Red square, green square

Postby KC4LZN » Sat Nov 11, 2023 2:37 pm

Just below VAC1, is this little red square, green square. I have Virtual Audio Cable installed and using Line 1 for transmit receive and Thetis is displaying reception on the spectrum.

image (24)~2.png
image (24)~2.png (291.31 KiB) Viewed 4588 times

I'm using MRP40 and it will transmit CW using it, also lined up with using Line 1 for audio but listening with headphones connected to the computer, I cannot hear the audio.

It was working but now, who knows what button was pushed, set, or changed. I'm sure it was a fat finger but I'm driving myself nuts trying to figure it out next to performing a reset and starting from scratch.

Just happened to notice the little box pop up. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

John
NC3Z

Re: Red square, green square

Postby NC3Z » Sat Nov 11, 2023 3:38 pm

Indicates Overflows and Underflows on VAC. You can control tis display from Settings > Audio > Options > Overflow/Underflow click to clear.

But if you get persistent OF or UF you should fix your VAC settings.
Gary NC3Z
K1LSB

Postby K1LSB » Sat Nov 11, 2023 4:48 pm

If you could previously hear RX audio through your headphones but can't any longer, you've changed something in the VAC settings and need to revisit your VAC Settings page.

I have a folder of screenshots of every Settings page so if I ever fat-finger anything I can get back to the configuration that I previously had working correctly.

Mark
KC4LZN

Postby KC4LZN » Sat Nov 11, 2023 4:53 pm

Thanks Gary and that is what it was for reasons unknown. I didn't take a screenshot but it was quite out of sync. It's reading zeroes now and doing fine and the overflow box disappeared. Still don't have any sound to the headset from the computer.

One thing I didn't add before was this is from the remote side. I have the software installed on the remote computer and the SSB works well, transmit and receive but it uses a USB soundcard.

I'll revisit this, this afternoon. I have some errands to run this morning. I may have set something up wrong and I'll report back. And we had talked briefly about the proper settings for proper buffering using VAC and that is set from the previous email we had couple years back.

John
KC4LZN

Postby KC4LZN » Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:00 pm

K1LSB wrote:If you could previously hear RX audio through your headphones but can't any longer, you've changed something in the VAC settings and need to revisit your VAC Settings page.

I have a folder of screenshots of every Settings page so if I ever fat-finger anything I can get back to the configuration that I previously had working correctly.

Mark

Mark,

They say the second thing that goes is your memory and I don't remember what the first is

I used to have a folder of screenshots just as you mentioned but I'll be if I can remember where I stored them. It's tough getting old. I'll keep searching.

John
K1LSB

Postby K1LSB » Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:45 pm

John,

I know the feeling, lol.

Mark
ramdor

Postby ramdor » Sat Nov 11, 2023 9:04 pm

vac_grid.png
vac_grid.png (12.93 KiB) Viewed 4507 times
KC4LZN

Postby KC4LZN » Sun Nov 12, 2023 1:36 pm

Well, in the immediate answer, I have a fix. Not sure if it is the correct fix but it works now. If I need an education on how Muzychenko's Virtual Audio Cable works, I'm all ears.

I don't have a diagram but I have my ANAN out in my shack, connected to a computer and network about 45 feet away from my house. In the house, I have another computer, with Thetis installed. Got the VAC Overflow and Underflow taken care of and use Muzychenko's VAC for the main audio because of its lower latency. Works great with digital. When I go to CW and use MRP40, I use the USB soundcard with headphones and with the default audio coming from Line 1 VAC, my soundcard would hear the audio coming from Thetis when I selected the headphones but the MRP40 would go silent. And vice versa, when Line 1 was selected, MRP40 would hear it but my headphones wouldn't.

So, I kept all of the sound setup with Thetis the same along with Windows default to Line 1 and brought in Voicemeeter Banana and took Line 1 VAC to the input and the output to the headphones and it worked. MRP40 is hearing the sound as well as the headphones. I haven't confirmed it yet but I believe my previous hearing the audio was when I was setting up N1MM in preps for the upcoming CQWW CW contest at the end of the month and it doesn't use MRP40.

Again, if there is something I'm not understanding with Muzychenko's VAC and how it routes sound, let me know but for now, I have audio channeled to both.

John

Return to “Thetis”