Thetis & Hermes Lite 2 (HL2)

vk7zpd

Re: Voice Squelch Theory and Operation

Postby vk7zpd » Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:21 pm

I notice that the voice squelch option is not availabla in the 2.9.0.8 x64 HL2 Beta 1, is there a later release for the HL2 that has the Voice squelch functionality?

Thanks

Phil
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:48 pm

I'm not familiar with that version. Unsurprising since this is an Apache hardware-centric forum.

Doesn't the regular 2.9.0.8 set for Hermes work with the HL2?
Trucker

Postby Trucker » Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:57 pm

vk7zpd wrote:I notice that the voice squelch option is not availabla in the 2.9.0.8 x64 HL2 Beta 1, is there a later release for the HL2 that has the Voice squelch functionality?

Thanks

Phil

You may need to ask that on the Hermes Lite 2 Google groups list. I kind of doubt it as Reid is still working on the beta he released a while back.
James
WD5GWY
vk7zpd

Postby vk7zpd » Fri Jun 16, 2023 2:05 pm

w-u-2-o wrote:Doesn't the regular 2.9.0.8 set for Hermes work with the HL2?

That’s something I’d like to know as well, is Reid’s build just pre-filling and inhibiting unavailable settings or is it adressing hardware differences, I did ask on the Google HL2 group if Reid has a time frame for releasing a patch of the latest 2.9.0.8. He indicated that he wasn’t sure.
nobba

Postby nobba » Fri Jun 16, 2023 9:22 pm

vk7zpd wrote:
w-u-2-o wrote:... Reid’s build just pre-filling and inhibiting unavailable settings or is it adressing hardware differences, I did ask on the Google HL2 group if Reid has a time frame for releasing a patch of the latest 2.9.0.8. He indicated that he wasn’t sure.

Reid doesn't 'just' do anything. He has a really hard job because upstream is not interested in incorporating his changes. Therefore, with each an every new release, Reid has to painstakingly go back over and "re-add" all of his changes all over again. It's actually quite clever how he does it, and requires patience and a lot of persistence. Whereas if it was accepted upstream, it would be automatically in the build each time.

Since there is every likelihood of more changes soon for the G2 (assuming Richie actually accepts the pull request for it), so if I were him I would hold off until it is a stable root once more. Otherwise it will be double the work for him.

Since Scott has the source code for my last Thetis update, perhaps if you ask him nicely, he will put a voice squelch button on it for you. All the code is present but it is just not 'wired up' to any UI.

HTH,

Steve
GL es 73

Steve, G7KLJ
w-u-2-o

Re: Thetis & Hermes Lite 2 (HL2)

Postby w-u-2-o » Fri Jun 16, 2023 9:53 pm

I can build but I can't code! However, the code is available for anyone who wants it: https://github.com/w-u-2-o/Thetis-2.9.0

Return to “Thetis”