Issue changing TX Profiles

K1LSB

Issue changing TX Profiles

Postby K1LSB » Sun May 22, 2022 6:26 pm

I don't know where else to post this because the "Thetis v2.9.0 - Updates and Issues" topic is locked, but I do believe this is an issue with Thetis (I'm using 2.9.0.6, I have no idea whether it existed in previous versions).

Whenever I change TX Profile to one that has different VAC2 RingBuffer settings I get two or three (it varies) sequential and identical popup windows saying "The current profile has changed. Would you like to save the current profile?", even though the current profile had been previously saved.

Not that it's a problem, just reporting what appears to be a bug.

Mark
w-u-2-o

Re: Issue changing TX Profiles

Postby w-u-2-o » Sun May 22, 2022 7:04 pm

This is a great place to post it. The other topic got locked because people were using it like a mailing list, not like a forum.

We can roll the bugs into a new topic when Richie comes up for air as he is deep into metering code right now.

Also, a lot of people have difficulty discriminating between what is a bug, what is design intent, and simply not knowing how to use Thetis.

BREAK

I can duplicate the behavior you describe, and it sure seems like it qualifies as "bug".

I can only get it to behave this way when switching profiles on the setup page though. When switching profiles on the main UI I don't get those messages. Would you please confirm if that is the same for you?
K1LSB

Re: Issue changing TX Profiles

Postby K1LSB » Mon May 23, 2022 12:05 am

Very good investigative sleuthing Scott, I'm seeing the same thing you are -- it only happens when I switch profiles in Setup, not in the main UI.

Thanks,
Mark

Return to “Thetis”