Can't import a previously saved data base

w4cm

Can't import a previously saved data base

Postby w4cm » Wed May 04, 2022 12:05 am

Been running 2.9.0.6 for several days. Just tried to import an older data base and I can not. I choose one from the folder stored in OpenHPSDR, Thetis-x64 file but I do not get a window confirming the action.
Data base File is in file name window... I press open and list of all my old databases goes away and the setup window remains that I chose to use to perform the import but no small window acknowledging or saying open. No data base imported successful message.

Restarted PC
Tried removing program and reinstall but same issue.

What to do ?
ramdor

Re: Can't import a previously saved data base

Postby ramdor » Wed May 04, 2022 12:23 am

so you do not see in a popup window?

Database Imported Successfully. Thetis will now close. Please RE-START.
or
Database could not be imported. Previous database has been kept.

If not, the popup might be appearing behind setup window, or on another screen? Can you click setup or thetis when this happens? Or is it seemingly 'locked' and makes a beep sound ? If that is the case, then a new release at some point will see those msg boxes put 'on top'.

Works fine here fwiw.
Attachments
imp_no.png
imp_no.png (31.01 KiB) Viewed 2473 times
imp_ok.png
imp_ok.png (49.63 KiB) Viewed 2473 times
w4cm

Postby w4cm » Wed May 04, 2022 12:38 am

I did a database reset and then imported a file and it worked.
Guess it was corrupted.

Thanks
w4cm

Postby w4cm » Fri May 06, 2022 10:59 am

ramdor wrote:so you do not see in a popup window?

Database Imported Successfully. Thetis will now close. Please RE-START.
or
Database could not be imported. Previous database has been kept.

If not, the popup might be appearing behind setup window, or on another screen? Can you click setup or thetis when this happens? Or is it seemingly 'locked' and makes a beep sound ? If that is the case, then a new release at some point will see those msg boxes put 'on top'.

Works fine here fwiw.

Richie good morning.
Turn PC back on this AM and had the same issue. Could not import previous data base. How I noticed is the PA Profile Default said ANAN 7000.
I can not import a previously saved data base. What is also so strange on another machine that I had also had to reset the data base and then import a saved data base the same problem on it and I had not even used this machine on the Anan 7000.

Any ideas
Cecil
W4CM
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Fri May 06, 2022 11:18 am

Cecil:

1. Please post a screen shot of the error message you are getting.

2. Confirm that if you reset the existing database that you can then import the problem database: yes or no?

3. Once the problem database is imported, please try the following:

a) Export that database
b) The next time you want to import it use the newly exported one, not the original--what happens?

4. Why are you bounding back and forth between databases? Importing a database should be a very rare occurence.
ramdor

Postby ramdor » Fri May 06, 2022 11:41 am

you will either see 'imported successfully' or 'could not be imported'

You will get one or the other, it is impossible not to get one of those as you can see from the code. I changed the code to always TOPMOST the message box in-case it was behind something which will be in the next release at some point. It may also be a read permission issue which is causing the openfile dialog box to fail.

Please send me your existing database, and the one you are trying to import. Do not use export to send me your current db, but copy it from :

C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\OpenHPSDR\Thetis-x64
or
C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\OpenHPSDR\Thetis

import.png
import.png (92.46 KiB) Viewed 2350 times
ramdor

Postby ramdor » Fri May 06, 2022 2:01 pm

your DB imported fine here....

Watch : https://youtu.be/9bb2PduJndk
w4cm

Postby w4cm » Sat May 07, 2022 9:54 am

w-u-2-o wrote:Cecil:

1. Please post a screen shot of the error message you are getting.

2. Confirm that if you reset the existing database that you can then import the problem database: yes or no?

3. Once the problem database is imported, please try the following:

a) Export that database
b) The next time you want to import it use the newly exported one, not the original--what happens?

4. Why are you bounding back and forth between databases? Importing a database should be a very rare occurence.

it was discovered if you have any notches saved in the current DB and the DB you are importing also has some it was not allowing the process to proceed, That is why some would import and others would not. Richie is working on the fix and implementing into next update,
Thanks for your help Scott.
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Sat May 07, 2022 10:47 am

Thanks for posting the root cause. The database remains a complex monster. If Richie wasn't Johnny on the spot then manually restoring from a screenshot backup might have been the only option.

Return to “Thetis”