Questions regarding the use of Thetis

K9RX

Questions regarding the use of Thetis

Postby K9RX » Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:45 pm

HOPEFULLY this will do re placement ...

questions please:

-the "blobs", what is the 2nd number shown in parentheses? It is positive - and it can be larger than the first number although generally is smaller. Not sure what it is.

-is there a place/page to see the current db? This would be nice as I was playing with a possible bug re QSK, changing DB - and got lost where I was. It is probably there already and I missed it. If not possibly in GENERAL/ H/W Select?

-when operating CW/SPLIT: it's disconcerting to see the TX display first go to the split frequency (up the band typically) and then suddenly jump back down. If JTDX is set up one way it will force the TX freq to equal the RX. My first impression was that the split was being zeroed out and I was TXing on the DX freq. But that wasn't the case, it was indeed transmitting on the TX split freq, just the jump is surprising. Is there a way/option/setting to just leave the TX waveform where it is - on the SPLIT frequency? I'd much prefer that action.

Gary
K9RX
w-u-2-o

Re: Questions regarding the use of Thetis

Postby w-u-2-o » Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:15 pm

Not sure about the blob question, or the CW question. Hopefully others will chime in.

As for the database, assuming the 64 bit version, the current database is always:

C:\Users\<your windows username>\AppData\Roaming\OpenHPSDR\Thetis-x64\database.xml

Unless you started Thetis with the datapath or dbfilename command line options: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4047

It's up to you to keep track of that. The software does not currently have any features to identify the database file in use, or have "undo", or any features like that.

You can, of course, export and import any number of database versions from the setup window, and name them however you like. When you import a database its content will replace the database.xml file referenced above.
Mike_N1JEZ

Postby Mike_N1JEZ » Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:04 pm

I'm using the latest Thetis beta version. I'm having a problem with 60M. I go through and set the individual channel frequencies and zoom level, but they are not saved.

Any Ideas?
Tnx, Mike
Mike, N1JEZ
"A closed mouth gathers no feet"
ramdor

Postby ramdor » Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:08 pm

Mike_N1JEZ wrote:I'm using the latest Thetis beta version. I'm having a problem with 60M. I go through and set the individual channel frequencies and zoom level, but they are not saved.

Any Ideas?
Tnx, Mike

yes, at the moment, the band stack defaults for the US are not there, you'll see the blue strips, but cycling through the band stack will not track them, so you have to add them manually and perhaps lock them off in the bandstack2 list.

You will have to use 'Add New Entry' on the band stack window, or CTRL-left-click the 60m button to add them.

Are they not getting saved or something? If not, then please email me your database.xml. Email is over on QRZ.
Mike_N1JEZ

Postby Mike_N1JEZ » Sat Apr 23, 2022 2:30 pm

Hi Richie,

All set on 60M. I used the bandstack as suggested and locked the entries and it's fine. Tnx!

Mike
Mike, N1JEZ
"A closed mouth gathers no feet"

Return to “Thetis”