Thetis v2.9.0 - Updates and Issues

ramdor

Re: Thetis v2.9.0 - Updates and Issues

Postby ramdor » Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:54 pm

W9BHI wrote:Richie,
When in expanded mode and with band controls selected, if you select either SWL or VHF+, the band selection at the bottom of the screen disappears.
If you collapse the display and then expand it, the band selection comes back.
It works fine when you select WWV.
Not a big deal but I thought it as being strange and thought I would mention it.
Thanks, Don

thanks for report Don.

Richie.
w1tr

Postby w1tr » Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:50 am

The problem is NOT that the description is unclear, the problem is that while you are transmitting, you may inadvertently hit that control and change the monitor level instead of the intended behavior of changing the Master AF GAIN.
It happens to me all the time which is why I would like two separate controls.

ramdor wrote:
w1tr wrote:
ramdor wrote:A quick vid of ongoing, work in progress updates to 2.9.0.

https://youtu.be/yVHmV8UDrn8

sliders2.png

Richie.

Any chance of putting a MONITOR GAIN above the MASTER AF GAIN...

I would rather not tbh. What I will do is probably change the text to say 'Monitor AF:' when in tx+mon. I think you can change mon af irrespective of mon state atm. Don't know really will need to look at it.

R.
I2NOY

Postby I2NOY » Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:12 am

Hi Richie,
I think it is only a cosmetic issue and only for people using a transverter.

In order to use a transverter with the IF at 28 MHz and route the signal through the XVTR IN rear connector, you have to thick XVTR checkbox:

with this configuration this is bottom display, when you are in 28 MHz band:

and this is what is displayed when you go in 2m band:

In my mind, the two displayed images are to be swapped, as when you are in 28 MHz band you are receiving through ANT1 rear connector; when you are in VHF+ band, in my case 2 meters, you are receiving through XVTR IN.
For TX in transverter mode, when you are in 28 MHz it is correct to display TX ant1, but when you are in 2 meters, I expect to read XV also in TX display.

It is only a display issue, as system is working perfectly as expected.

73 de Maurizio I2NOY
EA1DAV

Postby EA1DAV » Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:54 am

In the past I was doing some test to enable CW on DB25 port without results. Today I discover an also old post that do me the trick.
Pin 18 on DB25 can be used by an external keyer to do CW, BUT, only when IAMBIC is selected in the console. In you uncheck IAMBIC pin 18 do nothing.

Has thetis control over the db25 I/O ports, digital or analog or this is a exclusive control of firmware ?
This can open new features, with analog you can, with a remote coupler, read a power amplifier output, swr etc, also with digital inputs read an interlok or anything. May be this is a not well documented features.

Regards.
Jesus
w8du

Postby w8du » Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:31 am

Does the http server work yet?
Tnx de Arnie W8DU
G3ZQH

Postby G3ZQH » Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:02 pm

Using Thetis 2.9.04 (test) 200D

MODE SELECT PROBLEM- mode reverts to DIG when another mode is selected (for example USB or CW). Can be solved by cycling Thetis ON/OFF.

SPLIT PROBLEM with TCI- using JTDX in split mode- this causes JTDX crash when band is changed and MOX activation (has been reported before). Apart from this TCI works OK with JTDX and RF2K linear amp using emulation mode.

Otherwise all looking good here with this version.

73 Dave G3ZQH
w9ac

Postby w9ac » Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:12 pm

ramdor wrote:Wants/Wishes
If you add a post with a want/wish/good idea, please include WANTWISH in the post. It will make it easy for me to search. Thanks.

WANTWISH

- Add CW SPOT function to GUI and CAT Command for third-party app/devices like StreamDeck. A press of the button invokes CW sidetone for 5 seconds (possibly menu adjustable), then deactivates. In the alternative, create separate commands for SPOT On/Off.

Paul, W9AC
ramdor

Postby ramdor » Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:28 pm

G3ZQH wrote:Using Thetis 2.9.04 (test) 200D

MODE SELECT PROBLEM- mode reverts to DIG when another mode is selected (for example USB or CW). Can be solved by cycling Thetis ON/OFF.

SPLIT PROBLEM with TCI- using JTDX in split mode- this causes JTDX crash when band is changed and MOX activation (has been reported before). Apart from this TCI works OK with JTDX and RF2K linear amp using emulation mode.

73 Dave G3ZQH

mode select problem - are you running JTDX when this happens and do you have it configured so that mode is set to DIG? It will revert to DIG if you do. Cycling Thetis will drop the connection to JTDX or some other controlling software that is doing the 'flip' so it wont be in control anymore.

See vid: https://youtu.be/1mDE0mpuchc

split problem - that is for JTDX guys to fix and it is improved in latest release candidate afaik

Richie.
ramdor

Postby ramdor » Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:33 pm

I2NOY wrote:Hi Richie,
I think it is only a cosmetic issue and only for people using a transverter.

In my mind, the two displayed images are to be swapped, as when you are in 28 MHz band you are receiving through ANT1 rear connector; when you are in VHF+ band, in my case 2 meters, you are receiving through XVTR IN.
For TX in transverter mode, when you are in 28 MHz it is correct to display TX ant1, but when you are in 2 meters, I expect to read XV also in TX display.

It is only a display issue, as system is working perfectly as expected.

73 de Maurizio I2NOY

Thanks Maurizio, I will take a look at some point, but I have not worked on those antenna notifications (other than making the icons).

are you not using the xvtr socket for 28mhz in that case, which is why it shows xv and not rx ant 1?

144mhz should probably say xv as well (or any xvtr band that is mapped to a IF band that has xvtr checked as rx).

R.
dl5tt

Postby dl5tt » Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:14 pm

73 Dave G3ZQH

Hi Dave,
you wrote, "Using Thetis 2.9.04 (test) ..."
Where can I find / download this version, ending "04"?
I am lookging for a new version with the new tuning sliders and with working sliders for "Width" and "Shift" concerning the band with.

73 Josef (DL5TT)
Actual system: ANAN-7000DLE MKII Protocol 2, external PC Ryzen 5600G, direct ethernet connection.
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Sun Apr 10, 2022 2:01 pm

EA1DAV wrote:In the past I was doing some test to enable CW on DB25 port without results. Today I discover an also old post that do me the trick.
Pin 18 on DB25 can be used by an external keyer to do CW, BUT, only when IAMBIC is selected in the console. In you uncheck IAMBIC pin 18 do nothing.

Has thetis control over the db25 I/O ports, digital or analog or this is a exclusive control of firmware ?
This can open new features, with analog you can, with a remote coupler, read a power amplifier output, swr etc, also with digital inputs read an interlok or anything. May be this is a not well documented features.

Regards.
Jesus

Jesus--please find and read the available documentation for your model ANAN. Quite a bit of that is available here: viewforum.php?f=35

When you do that you will see that the vast majority of the 25 accessory connector is taken up by signals that are not programmable in any way.

There are 4 user digital inputs and 7 user digital outputs, as well as two user analog inputs. All of these are supported in the firmware and the state can be read or controlled by the software (Thetis) as appropriate. Theoretically the sky is the limit.

Currently the user outputs are already programmable as found in Thetis > Setup > General > OC Control. AFAIK there is no CAT control of these, not that there couldn't be someday.

On the 7000/8000 only two of the four digital inputs are available and these are already programmed for other uses (I don't use them so I don't know what they are, but I know they are "spoken for").

So the opportunity is there, but a developer must be found who is interested in further exploiting them.

Personally I do all my station automation using an inexpensive PLC and a low-code programming environment called Node Red. If you want to further discuss Node Red, please do that in the Node Red groups.io group.
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Sun Apr 10, 2022 2:02 pm

w8du wrote:Does the http server work yet?
Tnx de Arnie W8DU

If you had tried it ;) you would find that the answer is "not in any meaningful way".
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Sun Apr 10, 2022 2:09 pm

dl5tt wrote:Hi Dave,
I am lookging for a new version with the new tuning sliders and with working sliders for "Width" and "Shift" concerning the band with.

73 Josef (DL5TT)

I've added a link to where you can find the beta versions here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4133
G3ZQH

Postby G3ZQH » Sun Apr 10, 2022 2:12 pm

ramdor wrote:

73 Dave G3ZQH

mode select problem - are you running JTDX when this happens and do you have it configured so that mode is set to DIG? It will revert to DIG if you do. Cycling Thetis will drop the connection to JTDX or some other controlling software that is doing the 'flip' so it wont be in control anymore.

See vid: https://youtu.be/1mDE0mpuchc

split problem - that is for JTDX guys to fix and it is improved in latest release candidate afaik

Richie.

Thanks Richie. Normally with JTDX I use DIG mode and CAT Thetis mode select will normally override this so may be a TCI issue. I also see inconsistent TCI communication with with my RF2K amp where I had TCI running for a few days and now it refuses to work. For now I'll revert to CAT until TCI becomes more established. Will wait on latest JTDX release for the split problem.

73 Dave G3ZQH
G3ZQH

Postby G3ZQH » Sun Apr 10, 2022 2:14 pm

w-u-2-o wrote:
dl5tt wrote:Hi Dave,

73 Josef (DL5TT)

I've added a link to where you can find the beta versions here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4133

Hi Josef
I found it on Richie's github page: https://github.com/ramdor/Thetis-2.9.0/releases
73 Dave
DG9FDA

Postby DG9FDA » Sun Apr 10, 2022 2:24 pm

I installed 2.9.0.3 but I can not find the new futures, sliders, etc. What I am doing wrong?
Anan 100D first edition, Thetis v2.10.3.6 x64, Protocol 2 Version 12.1.8
ramdor

Postby ramdor » Sun Apr 10, 2022 2:36 pm

the changes to the tune/sliders etc is not complete so you wont find it. wip code, but not a working build. Sometime during the week probably. Have not had time today to get back to it.

R.
ramdor

Postby ramdor » Sun Apr 10, 2022 2:45 pm

G3ZQH wrote:Thanks Richie. Normally with JTDX I use DIG mode and CAT Thetis mode select will normally override this so may be a TCI issue. I also see inconsistent TCI communication with with my RF2K amp where I had TCI running for a few days and now it refuses to work. For now I'll revert to CAT until TCI becomes more established. Will wait on latest JTDX release for the split problem.

73 Dave G3ZQH

yes probably because serial cat doesn't sent out mode change when mode is changed through thetis gui. It would be up to jtdx to poll it. In TCI it gets sent and they respond by sending back a request mode change back to DIG if that is option is selected. Like I said JTDX may improve when updated.

There is a thread about the rf2k issues, and an update in the pipeline which may resolve the issue. It will include the 'split_enabled' message on initialisation, which is not a TCI protocol requirement, but seemingly required by the rf2k amp. Ideally they should connect up and request the split_enabled state, but they do not send anything to the tci server.

Richie.
ramdor

Postby ramdor » Sun Apr 10, 2022 2:48 pm

w-u-2-o wrote:I've added a link to where you can find the beta versions here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4133

I would prefer it not there, as discussion about anything 'update/test' related will now also arrive in that thread. You could always pin this below the 2.9.0 pinned thread, or put a link to this thread instead with a comment, all beta chat here... or some such.

Cheers, Richie.
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Sun Apr 10, 2022 2:50 pm

ramdor wrote:
w-u-2-o wrote:I've added a link to where you can find the beta versions here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4133

I would prefer it not there, as discussion about anything 'update/test' related will now also arrive in that thread.

Cheers, Richie.

Hi Richie,

I locked that thread about 10 minutes or so ago :D

The reasons for locking it I have placed in the last post.

With that done, is it OK? I was looking for a single point of reference for all versions.

Cheers!

Scott
ramdor

Postby ramdor » Sun Apr 10, 2022 2:52 pm

i didn't read that, sorry. I live in here :lol: (mostly)

Richie.
ramdor

Postby ramdor » Sun Apr 10, 2022 2:57 pm

possibly worth adding in the pinned locked thread

under Beta link

Beta discussion : <this thread>

Richie.
m0cpy

Postby m0cpy » Sun Apr 10, 2022 3:43 pm

There seems to be a problem with the PA settings for 10m there is no adjustment the pa is flat out all the way.

all the others seem fine with the other bands. Cheers great development with the software Richie
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Sun Apr 10, 2022 3:56 pm

ramdor wrote:possibly worth adding in the pinned locked thread

under Beta link

Beta discussion : <this thread>

Richie.

Done!
ramdor

Postby ramdor » Sun Apr 10, 2022 5:16 pm

m0cpy wrote:There seems to be a problem with the PA settings for 10m there is no adjustment the pa is flat out all the way.

all the others seem fine with the other bands. Cheers great development with the software Richie

fine here,

checked your PA config for 10m?

R.
I2NOY

Postby I2NOY » Sun Apr 10, 2022 5:49 pm

ramdor wrote:
Thanks Maurizio, I will take a look at some point, but I have not worked on those antenna notifications (other than making the icons).

are you not using the xvtr socket for 28mhz in that case, which is why it shows xv and not rx ant 1?

144mhz should probably say xv as well (or any xvtr band that is mapped to a IF band that has xvtr checked as rx).

R.

In order to make the XVTR IN rear BNC working as input of RX IF coming from transverter, I must check the XVTR checkpoint on setup>general>Ant/Filters on 10 m band. If unchecked, the signal is taken from ANT1 also when I am in 2 m band.

Following my logic, the icons may display XV on both RX and TX, when I am on 144 MHz and Ant 1 in both RX e TX when I am in 28 MHz.

It is only a matter of icons, as the RTX is working perfectly when I check the XVTR cherckpoint on 10 meters.

Maurizio
m0cpy

Postby m0cpy » Sun Apr 10, 2022 5:53 pm

Hi Richie. I've had a look at the PA setup and all the other bands seem fine doing what it should to alter the power levels it just seems that 10m doesn't want to play any ideas. Cheers again

Andy M0CPY
ramdor

Postby ramdor » Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:10 pm

m0cpy wrote:Hi Richie. I've had a look at the PA setup and all the other bands seem fine doing what it should to alter the power levels it just seems that 10m doesn't want to play any ideas. Cheers again

Andy M0CPY

odd Andy, can you send me your database.xml file? It is stored in

C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\OpenHPSDR\Thetis-x64
or
C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\OpenHPSDR\Thetis (if using x86 version)

Cheers, Richie. MW0LGE
m0cpy

Postby m0cpy » Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:25 pm

PM over to you Cheers Richie.
ramdor

Postby ramdor » Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:56 pm

m0cpy wrote:PM over to you Cheers Richie.

nothing in PMs in here, or in email

Richie.

Return to “Thetis”