Skind disappeared around perimeter of viewing screen ?

46flatlander

Skind disappeared around perimeter of viewing screen ?

Postby 46flatlander » Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:03 am

Anan 8000,Win 11,latest upgrade 21k9. Machine operating perfect ,restarted next day and space around main viewing screen
is light grey (pale white ?) , can barely see buttons but radio operates normally. One function that dosen't work is gain control :the
tab in "Appearance" which controls skins only shows "Irving skin", buth the file in roaming HPSDR file shows 5 skins? I replaced 21k9
with earlier update and result was the same,and I don't believe any dreaded WIN updates occured! Thank You W1JAC
oe3ide

Re: Skind disappeared around perimeter of viewing screen ?

Postby oe3ide » Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:10 pm

Looks like Thetis having problems to find any skin.
Do you have a "Skins"-Folder in your Thetis data directory (usually c:\users\<user>\appdata\roaming\openhpsdr\skins)
If not, download your desired skin and place it into it.
Then you should be able to select the downloaded skin in Setup/Appearance

73 Ernst
46flatlander

Re: Skin disappeared around perimeter of viewing screen ?

Postby 46flatlander » Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:11 pm

Dear Ernst, Thank you for your reply,YES I do have a skins folder that has the normal skins provided when Thetis is installed.
I also downloaded another skin to that folder,when I go to General "Appearance" Skins, all I show is IK3V6 Special which does not render ?
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:17 pm

This is probably not the issue, but just in case: remember that you have to quit Thetis and restart it for it to recognize any new skins.

Perhaps the problem is a corrupt database? Perhaps save (export) the old database, then try with a reset database. You can always restore the old database if you've saved it properly.
46flatlander

Postby 46flatlander » Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:45 pm

Dear Scott and Ernst, Thanks for your suggestions,I've decided on a clean install which is almost complete ! Thanks again, W1JAC

Return to “Thetis”