Restore Transmit profiles after Database Reset

W7GES

Restore Transmit profiles after Database Reset

Postby W7GES » Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:22 pm

I was getting strange behaviors running Pure Signal with my 7000DLE MkII black face. I am running the 2.8.11 21K8 version of Thetis.

I use a Flex / 4O3A PGXL amp with built-in sampler.

The amp view was showing a straight horizontal line instead of the normal bottom left to top right diagonal correction line.

I marked down all my settings, saved the database and reset it.

After the reset I restored my settings and now Pure Signal is working again.

I tried to restore the transmit profiles I had set up and they are not shown in the list on the transmit settings page. Did the settings get replaced with the database reset or are they stored somewhere on my computer?

Thanks,

George / W7GES
W1AEX

Re: Restore Transmit profiles after Database Reset

Postby W1AEX » Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:21 pm

Hi George,

A fresh database that is installed from a reset will not have any record of your custom transmit profiles and your custom transmit profiles cannot be imported unless each of them was previously exported before you pressed reset. No problem though, your custom transmit profiles are still safely stored in your original database. The quickest recovery of the custom transmit profiles would be to save the database that is now installed, then import your old database that was misbehaving with Pure Signal. Then manually export each of your custom transmit profiles. Next, import the newer database and you can then import the transmit profiles you just exported, one at a time. When you import a transmit profile Thetis will request that you re-start each time, so if you have a lot of profiles the process will take you a few minutes.

Hope that helps!

73, Rob W1AEX
"One thing I am certain of is that there is too much certainty in the world."
W7GES

Re: Restore Transmit profiles after Database Reset

Postby W7GES » Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:55 am

Thanks Rob,

I just have three that I spent a lot of time on so it won’t be too tedious of a process.

I tested out transmitting with Pure Signal, the PGXL and 1500 watts today and the Amp View behaved as expected. Conditions were sparse on 10 and 15 but I prefer testing on “empty” bands and all the contacts said the audio sounded great.

I was testing Pure Signal and trying Diversity receive for the first time as 10 and 15 both have noise to the NE from here. The Diversity works pretty well to null out some of the noise. My TS-890 hardly touches it.

I’ll trade 15-20 minutes of exporting transmit profiles and restarting with getting Pure Signal working again!

George / W7GES

Return to “Thetis”