No AM audio on receive

rbduck

No AM audio on receive

Postby rbduck » Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:00 am

This is a topic I've intended to vocalize for a long time. I put it off in hopes of finding a resolution myselfe.

I don't listen to AM much. I went to the broadcast stations yesterday and found I have no AM audio when I select either AM or SAM. I've done all the usual stuff, checking the audio chain, stopped and restarted Thetis and rebooted the computer. I have not reset the database yet. I'm holding out on that for now. I can get AM audio on SPEC or the sideband buttons. It has been over a year since I first come across this problem.

I have been able to hear audio with the AM and SAM buttons selected if I go to another transmit profile. If I use another profile for a time, the AM and SAM audio will stop working. I've looked extensively for a particular selection in the audio profile that may be affecting the AM audio.

Is there any setting any of you can think of that will prevent the AM audio from working when using the AM or SAM selections? This not a crucial problem. It's just one of those things that bugs me. Thanks
Ruben
NB4R
Apache-Labs Anan 7000DLE MKII Black -- Thetis 2.10.3.6 dev_2 -- Windows 11
kc2rgw

Re: No AM audio on receive

Postby kc2rgw » Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:31 pm

I suspect your audio devices are not selected properly in the transmit profile that is not working. Check the Audio tab in Setup.
rbduck

Postby rbduck » Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:51 pm

kc2rgw wrote:I suspect your audio devices are not selected properly in the transmit profile that is not working. Check the Audio tab in Setup.

All audio devices under Setup>Audio are identical to all other mode selections that are working perfectly well. Thank you for the suggestion though. I'm getting ready to do a reset.
Ruben
NB4R
kc2rgw

Postby kc2rgw » Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:33 pm

Yeah that would be my next move a database reset.
rbduck

Postby rbduck » Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:51 pm

kc2rgw wrote:Yeah that would be my next move a database reset.

Normal operation restored when I switched off to several other transmit profiles. When I came back to the profile I normally use, All AM functions operated as they should. I guess something in the database went awry and switching to the others put things back in place. If it happens again I know what to try first.
Ruben
NB4R

Return to “Thetis”