A few questions from a new 7000MKII owner

dynamicfusion

A few questions from a new 7000MKII owner

Postby dynamicfusion » Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:55 pm

I have a few questions as I am a noob to the anan 7000 mkii still.

1. I noticed sometimes my buffer size and filter selections in DSP don't save across program reboots. Peculiar.

2. What do I have to set for spacebar PTT to work again, or really anything else? I am getting a little tired having to click on the MOX button to xmit. I noticed there is a "PTT IN" RCA jack on the back, can I hook up my footswitch to that and work as expected? Anything need setup to do so?

3. I noticed no keyboard commands are working. Do I need to enable it somewhere?

4. Is there a way to zoom in or out with either mouse wheel or keyboard?

Thank you kindly - kf6yij
w-u-2-o

Re: A few questions from a new 7000MKII owner

Postby w-u-2-o » Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:30 am

And also a new forum user, it would appear. ;) To assist, I have moved your post to a new topic of its very own.

It is not good forum etiquette to post a whole bunch of new topics or questions in an existing topic that has nothing to do with those new topics or questions. Instead it is appropriate to make a new topic in a relevant sub-forum. Since all of these questions pertain to the operation of Thetis, the Thetis sub-forum is appropriate.

dynamicfusion wrote:I have a few questions as I am a noob to the anan 7000 mkii still.

1. I noticed sometimes my buffer size and filter selections in DSP don't save across program reboots. Peculiar.

Not at all. Those settings are saved in the TX Profile. And TX Profile selections are saved as part of the band stack register. This arrangement provides for a very high degree of automation and convenience once you get the hang of it. If you do anything that changes the TX Profile you can expect that any setting associated with a TX Profile might change. To see what settings are saved in the TX Profile, go to Setup > Transmit and turn on the "Highlight TX Profile Save Items" option. Then any setting associated with TX Profile operation will be highlighted in red/yellow. Be sure to carefully save and arrange TX Profiles as needed. Be mindful of the "Auto Save" options in Setup > Transmit lest you accidentally save a change that you intended to be temporary.

2. What do I have to set for spacebar PTT to work again, or really anything else? I am getting a little tired having to click on the MOX button to xmit. I noticed there is a "PTT IN" RCA jack on the back, can I hook up my footswitch to that and work as expected? Anything need setup to do so?

See below regarding spacebar PTT. You can absolutely hook up your footswitch to the PTT IN jack (highly recommended!), no special setup required.

3. I noticed no keyboard commands are working. Do I need to enable it somewhere?

Yes, in Setup > General > Options > Options-1, in the Keyboard section enable both options. Then also go to Setup > Keyboard to ensure that the spacebar is set to do what you want.

4. Is there a way to zoom in or out with either mouse wheel or keyboard?
There is no way to do it with the keyboard. If you place your mouse cursor over the zoom control you can use your mouse wheel to adjust it. This is also true for any other control that is either a slider or a spinner (spinners have the two little up/down arrows). And many of the controls can be right-clicked to take you to the relevant Setup page.
dynamicfusion

Postby dynamicfusion » Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:38 am

Thank you for the response. It turns out I needed to check the "enable keyboard shortcuts" variable in order for the PTT to work on spacebar. :lol: lol. Certainly beats having to click all the time.

I now understand how transmit profiles affect many other variables upon load.

Are there any particular settings needed to be checked for the footswitch to work? I plugged it into the PTT IN, and it did not got into xmit mode. There is also a PTT OUT but I figure that isn't what I want? Am I missing something here?

Good to know about at least hovering over the zoom scroller to zoom in and out.
NC3Z

Postby NC3Z » Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:24 am

dynamicfusion wrote:Are there any particular settings needed to be checked for the footswitch to work?

Did you happen try the front Mic PTT and did that work?

Under General > Options > Options-1 is "Disable PTT" unchecked?

I exclusively use a footswitch via the rear PTT In RCA jack and it works fine.
Gary NC3Z
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:36 pm

You probably need to go into Setup > General > H/W Select and ensure that PTT is turned ON.

The PTT signal contact (pin) in the mic connector is electrically connected to the PTT IN center pin on the back panel. If you are using a mic that shorts that pin out then PTT will still not work correctly.

If you run into problems with microphone connections, start here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2573

Return to “Thetis”