Thetis 2_8_11 changes/ideas/wants/wishes

KA5KKT

Re: Thetis 2_8_11 changes/ideas/wants/wishes

Postby KA5KKT » Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:46 am

vk1hx wrote:I am not trying to take anything away from the hard work and dev of people involved in the ongoing build of Thetis, with all the "things" now being added to Thetis, a lot which I don't intend to use, or monitor, its getting crowed (IMHO) and would like to see Thetis installation file become modularized so to speak at first install. Get to tick what I want included and not included. Like removing bloatware from Windows installations.

As an end user, I get the option to choose if I want all the CFC/Audio monitoring graphs running in the Setup, NIMM stuff, spotting etc, it looks cool on spectrum but I have a logbook to do that.

Another idea if possible, and this is a real PITA for me, when doing a fresh install of Thetis and creating a "new" database, I like to set my RX1 values (Waterfall - low and high level) (spectrum grid - Max and Min) in Display to the same value for all bands. It would be nice to have an option to apply the values once for all bands rather than do it one by one. In addtion to this, setting the Drive level, ATT and Zoom the same way. It would save a lot of time, for me anyway. :)

Perhaps a 'Thetis Light' would be nice.

Dick - KA5KKT

A camel is a horse designed by a committee.
vk1hx

Postby vk1hx » Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:47 am

KA5KKT wrote:
vk1hx wrote:I am not trying to take anything away from the hard work and dev of people involved in the ongoing build of Thetis, with all the "things" now being added to Thetis, a lot which I don't intend to use, or monitor, its getting crowed (IMHO) and would like to see Thetis installation file become modularized so to speak at first install. Get to tick what I want included and not included. Like removing bloatware from Windows installations.

As an end user, I get the option to choose if I want all the CFC/Audio monitoring graphs running in the Setup, NIMM stuff, spotting etc, it looks cool on spectrum but I have a logbook to do that.

Another idea if possible, and this is a real PITA for me, when doing a fresh install of Thetis and creating a "new" database, I like to set my RX1 values (Waterfall - low and high level) (spectrum grid - Max and Min) in Display to the same value for all bands. It would be nice to have an option to apply the values once for all bands rather than do it one by one. In addtion to this, setting the Drive level, ATT and Zoom the same way. It would save a lot of time, for me anyway. :)

Perhaps a 'Thetis Light' would be nice.

Dick - KA5KKT

A camel is a horse designed by a committee.

Sounds good to me.
73, Phil - VK1HX
ramdor

Postby ramdor » Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:31 am

post 1 updated to here
I4LEC

Postby I4LEC » Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:50 am

Scott,
thanks for the prompt reply, SNB is also a good tool but does not seems to be effective on a wide band RF pulse noise (it just smooths the audio noise) , as per the power line one, this takes a large chunk of the high bands, with its peak on 15m, were it is about 20dB above the standard band noise.
I tried NB2 "linear interpolate", looks slightly better, both (NB/NB2) , take back the noise level to the typical band one, the entire spectrum falls down almost completely, the problem arises when a large signal (S9+) shows up  on the panadapter, at that point, the pumping effect starts,  changing the threshold level helps reducing it, but reduces the blank effect as well.

As per Eric's video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AyU5Rt ... l=Elecraft) min 14,38, my understanding is that their solution would allow the NB to work on a limited bandwidth around the tuned frequency, avoiding the loud nearby signals to start pumping the NB threshold, which is what I am experiencing.
Thanks again Clay
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Thu Mar 17, 2022 4:44 pm

And all good things must come to an end :)

After 7 months, 11 pages, and 58 separately enumerated items identified on Post #1, 20 of which that have actually come to fruition, Richie has asked me to lock this topic. There is certainly more than enough raw material for him to consider at this point!

I'm sure Richie will start a new "wish list" topic when he feels the time is right.

Thank you to all for your endless creativity!

Scott

Return to “Thetis”