Thetis v2.8.11 - UPDATES and current issues

ramdor

Re: Thetis v2.8.11 - current issues

Postby ramdor » Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:14 pm

I2NOY wrote:Report for 21D4 64 bit on 7000 P2:

-<CTRL> pressed at program start prevents program to start
- Stereo check sign is now OK.
- Still issues on USB and LSB default filter width on RX1 after a reset press. RX2 seems OK (see pictures)

RX1-2.7k USB.jpgRX2-2.7k USB.jpg

make sure the ctrol warning window is not behind the splash, i have seen this happen. Look down on taskbar, see if there is an icon that you can change to. The filter may be at an incorrect state after a reset, i'll check this at the end of the week, but as long as people can actually return to last used filter etc in normal use (not after a reset) then at least it is half way there.

Richie.
oe3ide

Postby oe3ide » Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:28 pm

All working good here with 21d4.

Thanks Richie!

73 Ernst
I2NOY

Postby I2NOY » Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:51 pm

I tried again the <CTRL> button pressed at double click on program icon and now it worked!

I found the way to reset buttons to their default values with right mouse click. :D
But, as soon as I press the reset button near the filter buttons, some non correct values are entered in low and high.

OK.jpg
OK.jpg (17.79 KiB) Viewed 7892 times
not ok.jpg
not ok.jpg (16.71 KiB) Viewed 7892 times

Many thanks for good and hard work. :)
w2gs

Postby w2gs » Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:22 pm

Hi Richie,
I watched your video on PS problems. I have Anan 7k and Anan 8K. I see the same PS not working issue on my A8K on a regular basis. It usually occurs on mode changes. If I work CW for a while and then go to SSB PS just sits there and doesn't work. Repeatedly turning PS on and off will sometimes cure the problem if that doesn't do it I have to power cycle the radio to get it going again. Another strange thing I have seen with PS using an amp and RF sampler is that I have to adjust the amount of signal that is applied to the radio to make it work properly from time to time. If I use the jumper cable on the back (A8k) there doesn't seem to be an issue. I picked up a cheap RF db meter on Ebay to measure the PS signal output on the back of the radio and that from the RF sampler and matched the two signals to the same level and still have problems. The A7k gets it's sample from the same coupler as the A8K and doesn't seem to have any problems. Been chasing this problem for a number of years and not found a solution so I hope it will get looked into and fixed.

Thanks for all your work the changes are great and really improve the radio. Rob's button updates worked FB and are greatly appreciated also.

73, George
W2GS
ramdor

Postby ramdor » Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:45 pm

That reset filter issue, yep another setup form value not get being sent to console because the change event has failed due to it loading 100 from the DB and it was already 100 in the form. Consequently the 100 never gets sent to console at startup if if the low cut default is set to 100. Console has a default of 150 that never gets changed in this case.

Using the menu to reset everything runs different code to assign the filters back to some default, and after a quick glance doesn't take much notice of default low cut anyway.

R.
ramdor

Postby ramdor » Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:54 pm

w2gs wrote:Hi Richie,
I watched your video on PS problems. I have Anan 7k and Anan 8K. I see the same PS not working issue on my A8K on a regular basis. It usually occurs on mode changes. [cut]
73, George
W2GS

Yeah, it is annoying George for sure. I was unable for the life of me to get PS working, even on the original version 2.8.11. It just stopped working totally. It is perhaps something Warren/Doug can try to replicate, but when it does happen like that it is nearly impossible to bring back to life without a power cycle. It was interesting to see the software operate after the power cycle, but I do need to disconnect/reconnect using the software next time it happens instead of the power cycle, as a test.

R.
dl5tt

Postby dl5tt » Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:22 pm

ramdor wrote:
dl5tt wrote:Hi Richie,

concerning the (my) attenuator problem (in normal operation).
After the information from OE3IDE I tried to verify his results, but with no success.
So I did a Database reset....and: Now it works. If I reload my old database, the problem is again existent. So the problem must be in my database.
I have no idea what kind of parameters are in the database, which affect the attenuator function.
Do you have any hints which tags are relevant for the attenuator function?

Sorry for wasting your time with this issue.

It seems to me, that I have to configure a new database.

73 de Josef

plz send me the old db if you still have it. I will check it out over the next couple of days.

R.

Dear Richie,
please find attached the old database.
By the way:
Which tags are containing the frequency calibration and the S-Meter-level calibration in the database?
==> I would like to copy the old values in the new database, to avoid a new calibration for both parameters.
TNX and 73 de Josef
Th_database_export-for-Richie.xml
(535.58 KiB) Downloaded 161 times
Actual system: ANAN-7000DLE MKII Protocol 2, external PC Ryzen 5600G, direct ethernet connection.
PD3LK

Postby PD3LK » Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:58 pm

PD3LK wrote:
ramdor wrote:ok you think this might a problem at the import stage? I will go check in there to see if existing filters are copied over. I wonder if ea3aqr did that this time as well? Although, tbh, the old tables no longer exist if importing from anything 21d onwards.

Also, I missed the damn flat style for the vacstereo..... :lol:

Richie.

Richie, take your time and many thanks for what you did in such a short time.

As for the stereo box (SOLVED) .... this still applies to the CW selections ;) (pict)

No reaction so i'm curious if i'm the only one seeing this
73 PD3LK Leon
DL2XY

Postby DL2XY » Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:19 pm

ramdor wrote:Update 21d4 is up

I have pulled all step attenuator changes. Hopefully everything has been reverted. Also fix to the bandstack which was incorrectly applying vfob filter to vfoa filter in some cases.

Please watch : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lttl8ps5a0

Richie.

Still massive problems with bandstack.

Thetis 2.8.11 21d4, Anan100, Protocol2, WIN7 Ultimate 64bit:

If both RX1 and RX2 are active band switching via Bandbuttons goes crazy. RX1 bandbutton changes RX2 listbox but rx2 stays on band.
Changing RX2 band take a long time (several seconds). After that changing RX1 takes long time too, Panfall goes blank and processor load goes up to 99%, later Panafall comes on wrong band with random mode.

Looks like there is a event-handler loop somwhere...

73 Walter
ramdor

Postby ramdor » Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:45 pm

checking now Walter.

R.
I2NOY

Postby I2NOY » Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:53 pm

PD3LK wrote:

I confirm that in CW modes the check sign in check boxes is still invisible in 21d4.

The fix is working only in DIGU and DIGL.
ramdor

Postby ramdor » Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:09 pm

DL2XY wrote:Still massive problems with bandstack.

Thetis 2.8.11 21d4, Anan100, Protocol2, WIN7 Ultimate 64bit:

If both RX1 and RX2 are active band switching via Bandbuttons goes crazy. RX1 bandbutton changes RX2 listbox but rx2 stays on band.
Changing RX2 band take a long time (several seconds). After that changing RX1 takes long time too, Panfall goes blank and processor load goes up to 99%, later Panafall comes on wrong band with random mode.

Looks like there is a event-handler loop somwhere...

73 Walter

I have been able to replicate this.

Richie.
PD3LK

Postby PD3LK » Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:19 pm

I2NOY wrote:
PD3LK wrote:

I confirm that in CW modes the check sign in check boxes is still invisible in 21d4.

The fix is working only in DIGU and DIGL.

Thanks for confirming mate
73 PD3LK Leon
W9BHI

Postby W9BHI » Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:30 pm

Just an observation, when upgrading to new versions of software, the band stack info is still there but everything that was locked is now defaulted to unlock status.
Thanks,
Don W9BHI
Tom AA4VV

Postby Tom AA4VV » Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:35 pm

I'm using 64 bit, P2. Version D4 although the problem has been there for a long time.

Setup -> Cat Control -> Cat

There is a box titled RTTY offset.
If I enable "Enable Offset VFO A"
and put 2125 in the DIDGL box, nothing happens.

I THINK it should offset the VFO A by 2125 Hz so that RTTY spotting will be the correct frequency.

Thanks
Tom AA4VV
DL8LAQ

Postby DL8LAQ » Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:45 pm

Hi Rich,

could you please change the location of the RA_data.csv to ...User/AppData/blabla...?
Thetis 64 bit cannot write to c:\program files\OpenHPSDR\Thetis\. It works if I run Thetis 64 bit as admin!
73, Norbert - DL8LAQ - ANAN-G2 w/display - Richie's latest Thetis version and pihpsdr by N1GP&DL1YCF
ramdor

Postby ramdor » Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:26 pm

W9BHI wrote:Just an observation, when upgrading to new versions of software, the band stack info is still there but everything that was locked is now defaulted to unlock status.
Thanks,
Don W9BHI

from old band system, locked state should now be imported. This was not being done before.
lock state of existing entries from the new system to should imported with their lock state intact already

edit: this will reset if you change region/extended at any time

Richie.
ramdor

Postby ramdor » Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:47 pm

PD3LK wrote:No reaction so i'm curious if i'm the only one seeing this

yes sorry Leon, hard to keep track sometimes. It is now fixed for those, but more may crop up. Due to blanket spam of background colour and flat style.

R.
Last edited by ramdor on Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ramdor

Postby ramdor » Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:09 pm

73 Walter

yeah, no doubt !

R.
ramdor

Postby ramdor » Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:17 pm

21d5 is up

There may be some side effects of this change to fix the issue with the RX2 band control. Some other bits'n'bobs in the change list.

Note: With RX2, the old bandstack system (prior 21d) always used to return to slot 1 in the band stack. New system returns to the first entry as well. This should change at some point.

Richie.
Last edited by ramdor on Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PD3LK

Postby PD3LK » Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:27 pm

ramdor wrote:
PD3LK wrote:No reaction so i'm curious if i'm the only one seeing this

yes sorry Leon, hard to keep track sometimes. It is now fixed for those, but may more crop up. Due to blanket spam of background colour and flat style.

R.

No sorries Richie, we know your very busy
73 PD3LK Leon
W9BHI

Postby W9BHI » Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:32 pm

loaded 21d5.
If you lock the bandstack entries and close Thetis, when you start Thetis again, all of the bandstack entries are now unlocked.
Same as it was in d4.
Don W9BHI
ramdor

Postby ramdor » Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:47 pm

W9BHI wrote:loaded 21d5.
If you lock the bandstack entries and close Thetis, when you start Thetis again, all of the bandstack entries are now unlocked.
Same as it was in d4.
Don W9BHI

how are you starting it? with ctrl held or something? or another point, how are you closing it? and has the DB got write access?

Always worked for me. I might have noticed if the red padlocks didnt show :o

WWV are all locked, as are 60m on US for example. A shutdown/restart after locking a load ......

restarted.jpg
restarted.jpg (31.54 KiB) Viewed 7752 times

Richie.
W9BHI

Postby W9BHI » Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:02 am

Richie,
I close it with the X in the upper right corner.
I open it by double clicking on the Thetis icon.
This time I locked the bandstack entries and then did an apply at the bottom of the setup form.
I closed Thetis and then restarted.
Now all of the bandstack entries are still locked.
Your guess is as good as mine.
Thanks,
Don W9BHI
Joe-W4WT

Postby Joe-W4WT » Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:28 am

I see what could be a problem. I would think that "Force" on the Audio tab would be saved by profile but it appears to not do that for me. I have a digital mode profile where I use Force but don't use it with SSB or CW. I tried to save Force either set or not depending on profile but it stays the same regardless of profile selected. I think the state should be saved to the profile like virtually everything else in the Audio tab.

I'm running a 7000 black , protocol 2, and am now using "21d5". I believe this has always worked this way.

Thanks,

Joe W4WT
DL2XY

Postby DL2XY » Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:38 am

ramdor wrote:

73 Walter

yeah, no doubt !

R.

[Thetis 2.8.11 21d5, ANAN100, Protocol 2, WIN7 X64]

Did a very short test on bandstack issue before going QRL this morning:

Looks much better, at least the targeted band is reached without effecting the other RX.
There are still delays with proc load on some target bands, sometimes you see several bandswitches in a fast sequence.

Aside from that in collapsed mode the RX2 radiobutton is ignored, all bandchanges are done for RX1.

Will do a database reset and further tests this evening.

Thanks for efford and good luck,
Walter
K0MO

Postby K0MO » Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:13 pm

The Band Up and Band Down buttons on my Behringer CMD Micro MIDI Controller stopped working after the 21d5 64-bit update!
The settings are located under Setup / CAT Control / Configure MIDI tabs. They were working fine before the update with previous version 21d2. Thanks for your time and effort, Richie!
ramdor

Postby ramdor » Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:51 pm

DL2XY wrote:[Thetis 2.8.11 21d5, ANAN100, Protocol 2, WIN7 X64]

Did a very short test on bandstack issue before going QRL this morning:

Looks much better, at least the targeted band is reached without effecting the other RX.
There are still delays with proc load on some target bands, sometimes you see several bandswitches in a fast sequence.

Aside from that in collapsed mode the RX2 radiobutton is ignored, all bandchanges are done for RX1.

Will do a database reset and further tests this evening.

Thanks for efford and good luck,
Walter

Collapsed: yes use the menu bar at the top? I don't use that display mode at all. As far as I know the band button has always applied to to RX1.

Well the 'massive' problem as you categorised it was caused by the RX1mode change code turning SD off (even if it doesn't need to be) which then subsequently called the VFoB code. As it was now in a change state which was currently being configured, vfoB decided it wanted in on the action and join the band ;)

I use one function, to set frequency, mode, filter, ctun state, zoomfactor and centerfreq. It is an existing function, that was used by the original band stack system. It has had no improvements to process the change, it makes the change in the same way as it used to.

1) Perform RX1 DSP Mode change (which include the SD issue above)
2) If the RX's CTUN is on, it turn it off
3) If you are requesting to go to a band with CTUN enabled, it will reposition the centerfrequency, and align the vfo to that CF
4) Setup the filter
5) Turn CTUN on if needed
6) Assign frequency to VFOA (which causes band change if needed, which in turn pulls up preamp modes/satt, agc modes etc)
7) Do some qsq magic
8) Invoke all interested in RX1 band change

It may actually be worth while making some changes to the order of some of that list, as parts take time to do. The render threads do not wait so they just display things as they are changed which is why you see all sorts of changes happening, and not 'sometimes you see several bandswitches in a fast sequence'.

Short story is, the change is made the same way as it was before. If the change is slow now, it was slow before.

R.
Last edited by ramdor on Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ramdor

Postby ramdor » Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:57 pm

K0MO wrote:The Band Up and Band Down buttons on my Behringer CMD Micro MIDI Controller stopped working after the 21d5 64-bit update!
The settings are located under Setup / CAT Control / Configure MIDI tabs. They were working fine before the update with previous version 21d2. Thanks for your time and effort, Richie!

will look at later this evening, this and some cat stuff probably needs to be fixed

Richie.
K0MO

Postby K0MO » Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:10 pm

It only affects RX1, not RX2. It did work before the update.

Thanks, Richie!

Manny

Return to “Thetis”