Band Stacking and AGC Settings

w3ub

Band Stacking and AGC Settings

Postby w3ub » Sat May 08, 2021 7:22 pm

Starting to do more CW work these days. I use two band stacking registers, one setup for SSB, one for CW. I can't seem to make the AGC setting for the CW register stick.

Am I missing something? Is the AGC setting global for that band? It should at a minimum be mode specific? Or band stack specific?

Doug
K1LSB

Re: Band Stacking and AGC Settings

Postby K1LSB » Sat May 08, 2021 7:36 pm

AGC (and a number of other) settings aren't band stack specific, they're saved with Transmit Profile. Whatever TX profile is associated with your CW mode will contain your AGC settings. So select the Transmit Profile you want to use for CW, adjust the AGC settings to your liking then re-save that Transmit Profile. The next time you open that profile the AGC settings will re-load with your preferences.

Mark
w3ub

Postby w3ub » Sat May 08, 2021 7:40 pm

OK ... seems like making RX AGC setting part of a TX profile is a bit odd to me ... it is just as easy to change the AGC setting as it is to load a TX profile, most CW TX settings that I am aware of are simply part of the CW mode selection.

Doug
K1LSB

Postby K1LSB » Sat May 08, 2021 9:19 pm

I agree, it is a bit odd but I can live with it.

Mark
w3ub

Postby w3ub » Sun May 09, 2021 5:25 pm

Yes, I can live with it as well, and thanks for setting me straight, I kept trying things ...

To those who are developing, my two cents, KISS, allow for most items to be contained within a band stack (AGC/Drive/ATT/TuneStep/Transmit Profile/Pan/Zoom/...).

And for those who are developing, THANKS!

Doug

Return to “Thetis”