Fatal Error Message.

PHILIPASCHECHTER

Fatal Error Message.

Postby PHILIPASCHECHTER » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:11 am

Hi All,

I was on the air yesterday. I made changes to the appearance of Thetis and closed down normally when I was done. Today, upon attempting to open Thetis i got the attached message and of course, I can' t open Thetis. I would appreciate any suggestions. i really want to be able to use my 7000 DLE MK II ASAP.

phil
W0OJ

ANABFATALERROR MESSAGE.png
ANABFATALERROR MESSAGE.png (108.93 KiB) Viewed 2448 times
NC3Z

Re: Fatal Error Message.

Postby NC3Z » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:38 am

If you cant recover you can simply delete your database and launch again. Of course it will be the default database and you can try to import the most recent DB you exported. Or simply rebuild by hand using your settings you annotated.
Gary NC3Z
W1AEX

Postby W1AEX » Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:05 pm

Is it possible you have the windows display font setting changed to something other than the default? As I recall this will cause a fatal error that brings up a string of console errors when you launch PSDR or Thetis.

73, Rob W1AEX
"One thing I am certain of is that there is too much certainty in the world."
PHILIPASCHECHTER

Postby PHILIPASCHECHTER » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:18 am

Gary and Rob,

Thank you for responding. I do not have any changes that I have created in the font.

I decided last night to delete the database and relaunch. I have a backup from the day before.

I think all of the problem had to do with a transparency setting I changed to see the map better while spotting

I hope that others will check the option for database auto backup so they won't have to redo all of their settings if they encounter fatal flaws.

I have to admit I was a bit overexcited about the problem as I have had the rig back to Doug just after I received my radio. Not a difficult fix, but only thing that I was thinking in the immediacy of the moment was oh no!!! Not again !!!

I appreciate both of the experienced responses.

Phil
W0OJ
NC3Z

Postby NC3Z » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:40 am

Phil, it is the price to pay for a very high performance radio. Besides the DB backup I take screenshots of all the critical Setup screens.
Gary NC3Z

Return to “Thetis”