Eq settings not saving

Cosmo1stgen

Eq settings not saving

Postby Cosmo1stgen » Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:45 pm

Running the latest Thetis. I cannot get my eq settings to “stick”. After setting them up making a tx profile if I change bands and change back eq is all set back to default. Never had this problem in MRX and is one of the reasons I quit using thetis in the past. Any ideas?
w-u-2-o

Re: Eq settings not saving

Postby w-u-2-o » Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:06 pm

If you are saving the TX EQ in your TX Profile then it should "stick".

When you change bands and change back is the same TX Profile selected?

Also, recommend you turn off the two "auto save" options in Setup > Transmit.

If all else fails, try starting over with a fresh database.
Cosmo1stgen

Postby Cosmo1stgen » Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:27 pm

Thanks Scott. It has always worked in power sdr without an issue I have the settings the same as you speak of. I have been using Thetis for years and always have had this issue. I recently uninstalled and installed the latest Thetis with protocol 2 again and the problem persists. That was the only reason I switched bck to mrx and protocol 1 years ago. I am out of ideas. In fact I think there is a post from me in here from 2016 somewhere saying the same thing.
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:17 pm

I have never experienced this problem and I don't know of anyone else who has, either. So by definition at least you and I are doing something differently. We just need to figure out what that is. Because there is nothing wrong with Thetis.
NC3Z

Postby NC3Z » Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:30 pm

Just to confirm, when you get the EQ the way you want you then in Settings > Transmit > hit Save for the profile you are using??
Gary NC3Z
Cosmo1stgen

Postby Cosmo1stgen » Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:45 pm

Gary. Yes I am saving it after I get the EQ right. If I go back and look at the EQ it is now flat across the board like it self reset. It will not stay no matter what I do. I also use our Power sdr MRX quite often. And I don’t have this problem and have several tx profiles as I have several mics. It must be something with my install. I have tried removing the software and reinstalling it and nothing changes. I have also tried doing a reset and nothing changes. I really don’t know what else to do I would rather keep using the current new software. Also I haven’t figured out how to import a tx profile. If I export one from power SDR I would like to Import to Thetis. I don’t see an import option yet it will let me export and save separately.
NC3Z

Postby NC3Z » Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:48 pm

Use the Import Database button to simply import just the TX Profile.
Gary NC3Z
NC3Z

Postby NC3Z » Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:51 pm

You have a unique problem there. Have you fully purged all the files from Windows? ( C:\Program Files as well as AppData\Roaming)
Gary NC3Z
Cosmo1stgen

Postby Cosmo1stgen » Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:09 am

Gary,

I have been in there but I never fully purged them and removed the folders. Just delete Thetis and Thetis 64? I didn’t think about using import data base to import a single parameter like a tx profile! Where will that show up once imported? I will try that soon. Not looking forward to entering all my settings into a fresh database base for the second day in a row! Lol. But it’s better than my current configuration!
NC3Z

Postby NC3Z » Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:18 am

It will show up as a TX Profile once you import it.
Gary NC3Z
Cosmo1stgen

Postby Cosmo1stgen » Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:22 am

Gary,

Well it seems to be “sticking”!!! I am a bit skeptical! Lol. I will be on the air later and try band jumping a lot after I finalize my settings. This has been years in the making I guess. I think deleting those folders was the fix before the reinstall. Thank you for your help!!!

Ryan
KK6DZB

Quick question if I export my tx profiles from powersdr mrx and import them into Thetis will I garble the database in Thetis? My skins and my saved frequencies carried over ok but they are not in the database.
LA2NI

Postby LA2NI » Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:38 am

Hi.
I have exactly the same problems after i started to use Thetis v.2.8.11 (10/20/20). I can not remember that this happened on earlier versions. And every time I press TUNE, and go back to TX, the power meter shows just FVD power even when it was set to FWD SWR just before. In TUNE it shows FWD SWR as set in the Tune window in Setup. It is very irritating!
Cosmo1stgen

Postby Cosmo1stgen » Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:38 pm

LA2NI,

I had my problem for years on the same computer. Until yesterday I uninstalled Thetis, deleted the files from C:\Program Files as well as AppData\Roaming and did a fresh install. I did not carry over any database files and started from scratch. As of last night it finally works as expected! Thank you Gary! I was on the air for a good long time on 40 meters without issue. Now I need to find out why my transverter power is so low on 2 meters but I think that has to do with FM mode needing a higher mic gain from what I remember setting it up in the past. Thetis is working perfect now and so much smoother than MRX.

Return to “Thetis”