How to use MNF

w2gs

How to use MNF

Postby w2gs » Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:41 pm

Searched the forum but couldn't find any information on how to use MNF. The buttons on the GUI don't work consistently and when I manage to create a MNF there isn't any attenuation of the signal. Suggestion on how to us MNFs and set them up?
73, George
W2GS
kc2rgw

Re: How to use MNF

Postby kc2rgw » Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:52 pm

Click on MNF to enable the filters. Click on MNF+ to create a filter.

Now you have to zoom way in to find it. They are created overlapping the dial zero indicator, move the mouse around until you see the pop up text and while on center of the filter, left-click and drag the filter to the carrier you want to block.

This is tedious, as if you are not right on it, you will tune the spectrum or drag and shift the rx filter.

You can click on the very outer edge of the filter and drag it to change width or use the mouse wheel while hovered on the filter.

To get rid of the filters, right click on MNF and then just hit Delete in the dialog until they are all gone.

I just wish there was an easier “handle” that could be grabbed to move them around as it’s so hard to see them unless fully zoomed in.
NC3Z

Postby NC3Z » Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:49 pm

Doing a quick search of the forum will find you some good info such as this description from Ritchie on the features and use of the MNF, there may be some more tidbits further in that topic.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3144&p=8155&hilit=MNF#p8155
Gary NC3Z
w2gs

Postby w2gs » Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:06 pm

Thanks for the replies. Very helpful. I will play around with this some more and try it out on the bands. The old Flex tracking notch filters were a lot easier to use and implement. Despite Flex barking about them being "their" intellectual property I think it was pointed out what flex implemented was all in the public domain long ago. Hopefully an easier to use version will be available.
73, George
W2GS

Return to “Thetis”