Lose S-Meter and TX functionality over time

brainfried

Lose S-Meter and TX functionality over time

Postby brainfried » Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:30 pm

Greetings Anan users,

First the obligatory specs relevant to my situation.

Anan-7000dle MkII running latest protocol 2 firmware 2.0b.
Client is Thetis 2.8.11 64bit

PC is HP EliteDesk 800 G2 Mini Business Desktop PC Intel Quad-Core i7-6700T 3.4G,16GB DDR4,1000GB(1TB) SSD,VGA,DP Port,Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit connected to SDR with a dedicated Gigabit NIC.

Now on to the issue and I really tried to make sure there was nothing comparable in the existing forum content.

When I first fire everything up it all works, to include PureSignal. I have not been able to get a signal on VFO B, but just began playing with that functionality due to the other issue.

After some period of time, and it appears load dependent (load being more signals on the trace, wider zoom, higher FPS, etc.), the first indication is that the S-Meter locks up and remains static no matter what (TX or DX). Also, not at the same time but some random period of time after I lose the ability to Transmit. The radio does not respond to footswitch or MOX click. I never have to reset the radio. A simple restart of Thetis brings everything back to functioning.

I immediately reduced the sample rate to 192K after seeing so many on the forum having great success with that. Would like more, but rock solid reliability is more important to me.

I can also rarely get my FPS above 30FPS (sometimes even lower) without getting the top left flashing red block unless the band is relatively dead. I have gone in and de-tuned (reduced responsiveness) a great deal of the Panafall settings to reduce the load. The PC is running Thetis, HF_Auto control software, Logging software, and the Firefox browser with usually 8-12 tabs open (which is an absolute memory hog, but not to the point of using more than half of the 16GB).

I am still playing with the Latency tools and sometimes they are happy and sometimes not. Still working that angle.

So, any additional things I can change or check? I am an IT professional, so pretty competent on the PC side.

Thanks and '73
Mike Wilson / KC5MW
w-u-2-o

Re: Lose S-Meter and TX functionality over time

Postby w-u-2-o » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:17 pm

What version of Win10Pro are you updated to (e.g. what does WinVer say)?
brainfried

Postby brainfried » Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:58 am

Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.1198)
brainfried

Postby brainfried » Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:16 am

So, disregard and nevermind. I was shooting myself in the foot.

I have a C# program written to grab the frequency from VFO A through a Cat Interface and sending that to the HF-Auto tuner to track the radio. It was getting into a race condition and wailing on Thetis bogging it down. Killed the executable and everything sprang back to life to include supporting better FPS and sampling rates.

I honestly cannot believe it took me that long to figure it out as it was the one thing in the chain that I was completely responsible for. Live and learn.

Thanks and '73
Mike Wilson / KC5MW

Return to “Thetis”