FocusMater shuts the radio down

w2gs

FocusMater shuts the radio down

Postby w2gs » Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:53 pm

Been working in CQ WW CW this weekend. When I try to use FocusMaster with N1MM+ just selecting N1MM+ causes Thetis to completely shutdown (both the Setup window and the main window close). I have to restart the radio (A8K) before anything works. After restart everything works normally unless I try to restart FocusMaster with N1MM+. FocusMaster worked fine in HPSDR. Has anyone tried FocusMaster and N1MM+ with Thetis? I will try a database reset after the contest and see if that cures the problem.

73, George
W2GS
w-u-2-o

Re: FocusMater shuts the radio down

Postby w-u-2-o » Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:10 pm

I cannot duplicate your problem.

I am running N1MM+ version 1.0.8744.0.

Everything behaves fine whether I start N1MM before making the change in Thetis or after.
w2gs

Postby w2gs » Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:57 pm

Hi Scott,
Thanks for checking. I am running the latest version of N1MM+ and I am starting FocusMaster withN1MM+ running. Like I said I will try a database reset after the contest and see if that cures the problem. I am pretty sure I worked three RTTY contests and didn't have a problem with FocusMaster running. Stuff happens will left you know if the problem persist.

73, George
W2GS
w2gs

Postby w2gs » Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:01 pm

Hi Scott,
I found the problem. Turned out to be UDP collisions/port access. I was testing a FreqEZ board/RPI to changed my antenna switching from LPT/BCD setup to using the FreqEZ board. Turns out that Thetis, DXLab's Commander and N1MM were experiencing packet collisions or fighting over port access. I changed the port settings between Commander and the FreqEZ board and now I can use all three programs together without any problems.
73, George
W2GS

Return to “Thetis”