What client software are YOU using ??

OH0KCE

What client software are YOU using ??

Postby OH0KCE » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:44 pm

Hi !
Im new in SDR radio, buy a used Anan 200D some month back. Using now latest Thetis client softw prot.2.
after little adjustment i think this sounding ok in & out.

to my question What client software are YOU using, and maybe WHAY You are using this soft?

Greetings de Leif OH0KCE
w-u-2-o

Re: What client software are YOU using ??

Postby w-u-2-o » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:26 pm

Your only choices that have both TX and RX functionality are (shown in order of decreasing functionality):

Thetis
PowerSDR mRX PS (protocol 1 firmware only)
linHPSDR
piHPSDR
SDR Console

I use Thetis because it is, by far, the most capable, with the most functionality. It may not be the prettiest user interface, but it does more than any of the other choices.
w3ub

Postby w3ub » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:13 pm

I also use Thetis. In addition to the points already made, a big reason for me is that is where most of the effort is being made in terms of bug fixing and improvements, that specifically target the Anan series of radios.

/Doug
va7qi

Postby va7qi » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:55 am

Having tried a few of the other options, I can equivocally state that Thetis is the best client. It gives you full control over (almost) every RX and TX parameter and it is very stable. I have run it for weeks at a time both in digital and SSB modes and with no problems. One thing to keep in mind is the processing delays, which can be a problem in some digital modes, but some tweaking of the buffer size on the audio side may fix hat.

For SSB the audio noise reductions (especially NR2) is absolutely amazing.

BTW, I turned Thetis off today for the first time since version 2.8.11 was released - only because I had to change a power supply cable on Anan 700DLE. It had been running 24x7 for a month without problems.

On the down side, if you are not too technically oriented, you may find the configuration options daunting, but stay with defaults to start with and you'll be fine.

Not enough praise can be bestowed on the developers for this work, IMHO. I wish I had had people like that on my teams when I was managing S/W developers.

73 de va7qi, ....Erik.
W1AEX

Postby W1AEX » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:40 pm

I am using Thetis v2.8.11 for all the features it offers and the incredible performance it delivers. In addition to what has been mentioned above I would add that the Zeus Radio software is great fun to tinker with and it is fully RX and TX capable. It is not free but you can play around with the demo version to see what it can do.

73, Rob W1AEX

"One thing I am certain of is that there is too much certainty in the world."
rbduck

Postby rbduck » Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:42 pm

I use Thetis 2.8.11 with the latest firmware offering. Like Scott said it may not be the prettiest, but if you want to get the most functionality for all it's great features, you can beat Thetis. I have had an Anan radio for almost a year now and I have had great fun with Thetis. With the latest 64 bit version I have also seen less CPU usage that is an added bonus.
Ruben
NB4R
Apache-Labs Anan 7000DLE MKII Black -- Thetis 2.10.3.6 dev_2 -- Windows 11
OH0KCE

Postby OH0KCE » Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:27 pm

Hi !
Thanks for all suggest, i've installed Thetis 2.8.11 now and this running very fine in my computer / Anan 200D :D

h. Leif OH0KCE
Tony EI7BMB

Postby Tony EI7BMB » Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:37 am

Nice looking interface Rob

W1AEX wrote:I am using Thetis v2.8.11 for all the features it offers and the incredible performance it delivers. In addition to what has been mentioned above I would add that the Zeus Radio software is great fun to tinker with and it is fully RX and TX capable. It is not free but you can play around with the demo version to see what it can do.

73, Rob W1AEX

Return to “Thetis”