2.8.11 Bugs with Angelia (100D board) & P1

HP3AK

2.8.11 Bugs with Angelia (100D board) & P1

Postby HP3AK » Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:00 pm

Angelia board (100D) with P1, 5.2 firmware (latest where PTT line out works for me)
Thetis v. 2.8.11 64bit, Win 7 Pro, I5 & 8 GB, 21-35% CPU load

The reason I am listing my configuration is that it may be specific to the Angelia board or the 5.2 P1 firmware.

1. Switching band stacks where 1 or more contain DigiU, then the USB positions reset COMP, DEXP, and TX EQ (maybe others) to off, when they were on
2. Switching SD on locks Rx 2 on last frequency. VFO A or VFO B do NOT change actual Rx 2 frequency with SD on. * With SD off can use VFO Sync to change both Rx together. (Defeats stereo diversity for split operation.)
3. Exporting database does NOT save Equalizer, Transmit Filter, or CESSB Overshoot Control settings .... maybe others. Export Current Profile in Transmit settings saves incorrect logic sate for these items, false rather than true. * Must find and manually edit values in the database.xml file and 'Tx Profile name'.xml. Some stay after manual edit, some reset again.
4. Window state is not restored on startup (maximum size vs resized).
w-u-2-o

Re: 2.8.11 Bugs with Angelia (100D board) & P1

Postby w-u-2-o » Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:04 pm

HP3AK wrote:Angelia board (100D) with P1, 5.2 firmware (latest where PTT line out works for me)
Thetis v. 2.8.11 64bit, Win 7 Pro, I5 & 8 GB, 21-35% CPU load

The reason I am listing my configuration is that it may be specific to the Angelia board or the 5.2 P1 firmware.

1. Switching band stacks where 1 or more contain DigiU, then the USB positions reset COMP, DEXP, and TX EQ (maybe others) to off, when they were on
The state of these are controlled by the transmit profile. If you have a transmit profile that does not include the desired settings and it is re-instantiated when changing to another band stack register it will go back to whatever was stored in the transmit profile, not what was manually selected. Update your transmit profiles as required, and update your band stacks to use the transmit profiles you want.

2. Switching SD on locks Rx 2 on last frequency. VFO A or VFO B do NOT change actual Rx 2 frequency with SD on. * With SD off can use VFO Sync to change both Rx together. (Defeats stereo diversity for split operation.)
I believe there is a bug in the SD mode in Thetis. I don't use it so not 100% sure.

3. Exporting database does NOT save Equalizer, Transmit Filter, or CESSB Overshoot Control settings .... maybe others. Export Current Profile in Transmit settings saves incorrect logic sate for these items, false rather than true. * Must find and manually edit values in the database.xml file and 'Tx Profile name'.xml. Some stay after manual edit, some reset again.
If there are any bugs here they are in Thetis. You should never have to manually edit the database.xml file. However to me this sounds like you are starting with a badly corrupted database. It may be time to start from scratch and develop a brand new, from scratch, database. No, you shouldn't have to do this, but sadly the database code, while much improved over the last couple of year, is still far from perfect.

4. Window state is not restored on startup (maximum size vs resized).
That definitely sounds like a corrupt database.
HP3AK

Postby HP3AK » Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:32 pm

Thanks for the quick reply. Tomorrow, or when I get time I will rebuild the database and report what happens.
HP3AK

Postby HP3AK » Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:16 pm

10/29/2020
New Database: All 4 bugs reported above exist in fresh, new database.

Numbers 1,2, & 4 as described.

3. Most settings are saved correctly, but only in "Default" Tx profile.
Change Tx Filter settings. Click Save under Profiles. No entry in AppData/Roaming/OpenHPSDR/Thetis-x64.
Click Exprot Current Profile and the Profile is saved as (new named) profile
Export Database
Check both exported database and (new) database.xml in new profile ... and **same as before**, <TXEQEnabled>false and equalizer settings are DEFAULT, not as set.
This is a BUG...same in new database.
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:02 pm

I cannot duplicate any of your problems 1, 3 or 4 here. My installation does not exhibit the same problems.

Not sure how to duplicate #2 because I'm not sure how SD is supposed to work in the first place! However others have definitely noticed problems in this area, so it sure sound like a bug.

Return to “Thetis”