MIC button keeps re-enabling when I open Thetis

K1LSB

MIC button keeps re-enabling when I open Thetis

Postby K1LSB » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:20 pm

I use VAC 1 Audio (PC mic stream) so I don't want the Thetis MIC button enabled (it's just an OCD thing). So one of the first things I do when I open Thetis is to disable the Thetis MIC button. But whenever I close and reopen Thetis, or whenever I change to another Transmit profile while inside Thetis, the MIC button re-enables itself.

How can I prevent that? I've tried saving a Transmit profile while the Mic button is disabled but even if I reselect that profile the MIC button re-enables.

I'm aware that if VAC 1 is enabled then any Thetis MIC input is disregarded, but as I noted earlier, the MIC button is really making my OCD flare up. :oops:
W1AEX

Re: MIC button keeps re-enabling when I open Thetis

Postby W1AEX » Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:34 am

Yeah, I run my audio through VAC1 and I have the same OCD fixation with not being able to disable the MIC button. There is a sneaky way to trick Thetis but it will take a little effort. There are two png files for the MIC button in the console folder of each skin. One displays the OFF state and the the other displays the ON state of the MIC button. They are highlighted in the screenshot below:

The chkMicMute-0.png file displays the MIC button in the OFF state. The chkMicMute-1.png displays the MIC button in the ON state. All you would have to do is rename the chkMicMute-1.png to something like chkMicMute-3.png so Thetis ignores it, then copy the chkMicMute-0.png file and paste it into the folder with the name chkMicMute-1.png so Thetis will use it when the MIC is enabled. Of course when you click on the MIC button it will never display as active any more but it would relieve the OCD issue!

You would have to do this for every skin that you use. So... you can "fix" this non-problem but it will take a little work! :)

Rob W1AEX
"One thing I am certain of is that there is too much certainty in the world."

Return to “Thetis”