Band switched while in TX

K9GAS

Band switched while in TX

Postby K9GAS » Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:47 pm

I'm running 2.7.0 a2
I was transmitting and while doing so I was bringing the main window to the front using my mouse, and not paying attention I apparently hit the 160 while on 80 and it switched bands while transmitting. Is this supposed to happen with Thetis? I don't remember the other versions allowing this. I did repeat this intentionally to see if what I had experienced was accurate. Has this always been this way and I just didn't notice?
Seems like this would harm the transceiver.
Is this a glitch?
Jerry
artcomm

Re: Band switched while in TX

Postby artcomm » Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:01 pm

I'm using the same version of Thetis, after reading your post I tried switching bands while TX'ing into a dummy load and yes that happen here as well. Not a good situation with an extreme mismatch or power output to a low input drive style solid state Amp depending on the Drive setting last set on a band of operation.. Another future revision fix on the list.
LarryW

Postby LarryW » Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:54 pm

What I am wondering is how do they??? keep track of these little issues that guy's are finding. It there a place to post issues discovered where someone is taking notes to "put it on the too do list"?

The way I understand it, Richie takes care of all Theis issues during the winter months? Is this correct? Is there anyone else that does this too?

Also, if someone has a request or want--- how or who looks at these items? Is there a frequently requested items list somewhere?

Larry
7000 mkll Thetis v2.8.11 21k3
P2_v2.0b
Dell XPS 8930 i5-9400/Behringer 202HD/Audio-Technica BPHS2 headset, USB PTT, Behringer XR 12 (Rack in a Box)
W1JA

Postby W1JA » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:18 pm

LarryW wrote:What I am wondering is how do they??? keep track of these little issues that guy's are finding. It there a place to post issues discovered where someone is taking notes to "put it on the too do list"?
The way I understand it, Richie takes care of all Theis issues during the winter months? Is this correct? Is there anyone else that does this too?
Also, if someone has a request or want--- how or who looks at these items? Is there a frequently requested items list somewhere?

Your questions have come up before. The developers are all volunteers, and they work on what they want to. They also seem to burn brightly for a while, then cool off. I sure hope Richie returns later this year. He was very cooperative about fixing issues that were brought to his attention. He also had plans for taking Thetis to the next level.

I keep a list, but only for myself. It lists both suspected bugs and desired features, and is about 100 line items long. I have never reviewed it; I just add to it whenever I notice something. It probably contains duplicates and issues that have already been resolved. I just added the band-change-not-locked-out-in-transmit-mode issue.
W3MMR

Postby W3MMR » Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:10 am

I heard Richie is tied up on the SunSDR project. Which is a money make for him so I dont blame him one bit. Im so grateful for everything he did for us this last year or more. I was really looking forward to the meter update he was planning so we could see all the multi meters at one time.
LarryW

Postby LarryW » Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:06 pm

I sure hope somebody has a backup plan for us---- if not, that would catastrophic!
I had a nice chat with Darrin ke9ns, I won't mention what he said here but I can say, all it would take is a bit of persuasion!

Larry
P2_v2.0b
Dell XPS 8930 i5-9400/Behringer 202HD/Audio-Technica BPHS2 headset, USB PTT, Behringer XR 12 (Rack in a Box)
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:41 am

In the past Darrin has been offered money and hardware and turned it down. Is he changing his mind?
LarryW

Postby LarryW » Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:01 pm

As we know, the Flex legacy radios are getting a little long in the tooth.

I think Darrin's version of PowerSDR is awesome however, it too is about "maxed out". Just about everything that a guy would ever ask for is in there. He said he was looking at and the Anan PowerSDR version of code to see about porting it over.

Larry
P2_v2.0b
artcomm

Postby artcomm » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:11 pm

W3MMR wrote:I heard Richie is tied up on the SunSDR project. Which is a money make for him so I dont blame him one bit. Im so grateful for everything he did for us this last year or more. I was really looking forward to the meter update he was planning so we could see all the multi meters at one time.

Not sure were you heard info about Richie and SunSDR, but just confirmed with Roman from Expert that they have no dealings with him??

Return to “Thetis”