DX Spotting

oe3ide

DX Spotting

Postby oe3ide » Tue May 05, 2020 3:54 pm

Hi,

I have read Laurence's excellent user manual for Thetis (http://www.nicklebyhouse.co.uk/index.ph ... -draft-0-4)

On page 58 he wrotes:
6. If you right click on a listing, your browser will open the QRZ.com page for that call sign.
7. If you double click on a listing, Thetis will QSY to that frequency and mode.
If you right click then left click on the vertical line to the left of a DX call sign, Thetis will QSY
to that frequency

Should this work on latest Thetis (2.7.0 a3)?

I dont have the Anan 7000 yet, so I am exploring all the features and settings, to be prepared ;-)
So maybe the reason for this, that there is no radio connected?

Thanks!
73s Ernst
OE3IDE
w-u-2-o

Re: DX Spotting

Postby w-u-2-o » Tue May 05, 2020 4:13 pm

Yes, that all works.

I'm not a big DX chaser or spotting user, but the only thing that the built-in spotting doesn't seem to have is the ability to spot from more than one spotting site at a time. Either that, or I just don't know how to use it ;)
oe3ide

Re: DX Spotting

Postby oe3ide » Tue May 05, 2020 6:01 pm

Ok, I have to wait for the hardware :-)
I didn't try more then one cluster, but only one cluster-server can be selected...

But some wording are a bit ambiguous. First I thought the button "Spot DX" sends a spot, would be better labeled as "Connect to Cluster" and in the main-menu "Cluster" instead of "Spot" / "Cluster connected" instead of "Spotting" .. just cosmetic :-)

73 de Ernst
OE3IDE

Return to “Thetis”