Thetis v2.6.9 Install Problem

k8ct

Thetis v2.6.9 Install Problem

Postby k8ct » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:28 am

I can not install Thetis v2.6.9.
I am running Orion v1.8 FW, Thetis v2.6.7, Windows 7 Pro with 64 bit system.
I have tried newer and older versions of firmware and can not install Thetis v2.6.8. or v2.6.9 with overwrite or clean install.
I do not get FFT processing and after attempting to install and trying to run, I get "WDSP.DLL Module Could Not Be Found". WDSP.DLL seems OK.

Need suggestions, Bob, K8CT
Last edited by k8ct on Sun May 24, 2020 2:30 am, edited 3 times in total.
FM5GB

Re: Thetis v2.6.9 Install Problem

Postby FM5GB » Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:35 pm

Hi,

Export and save your database on your desk
Uninstall Thetis un Win10
Go into C: (or your local disk)\Users\<user you>\Appdata\Roaming\OpenHPSDR\Thetis
Delete all files in Thetis.
Then reinstall Thetis using installer. A new wisdom file will be created and installation should run flawlessly.
Then import your saved database if you don't want to set your rig manually.
And enjoy!

I run the same system (radio and OS)

73s

Phil FM5GB
W1AEX

Postby W1AEX » Fri May 01, 2020 4:10 pm

Hi Bob,

I have been pondering the install problem you are experiencing and I had a thought regarding what can happen with the Windows firewall if the port you are connected to the ANAN with is classified as a Public connection. If so, the firewall might allow files to be written to the Program Files (x86) path but it might NOT allow files to pass and be written in the highly protected Users path where the wdspWisdom file is stored once the FFT calculations run during installation. It would be worth checking how the LAN you are connected to is classified; Home/Work or Private are fine, Public has the potential to be a problem. The note below is from my ANAN notes regarding the LAN connection I was connecting with that was problematic for Thetis versions later than v2.6.6. 73, Rob W1AEX

http://www.w1aex.com/anan/anan.html#network

IMPORTANT WINDOWS FIREWALL NOTE: The windows firewall uses a very different rule set depending on the classification of your network. If you are going to directly connect to your ANAN make VERY sure it is connecting to a NIC that has its LAN classified as a Home or Work network. (Windows may also refer to this as a Private Network.) My second NIC that I used for direct connection to my ANAN was wrongly classified as a Public network and I found that each time I started up Thetis the windows firewall created new inbound and outbound rules that blocked the connection to Thetis! This resulted in some very odd issues where Thetis would connect to my ANAN and it could TX but it could not RX. It drove me crazy until I spotted the wrong network classification for my second NIC.
"One thing I am certain of is that there is too much certainty in the world."
Tony EI7BMB

Postby Tony EI7BMB » Fri May 01, 2020 5:19 pm

Thanks for the info Rob . I am connected to the primary ethernet socket but just checked and this is listed as Public . I cannot seem to find a setting to change it to private, is it just secondary NIC's that allow this or am I just missing where the setting is ?

Edit: Bob sorry for hijacking thread
k8ct

Postby k8ct » Fri May 01, 2020 8:23 pm

No Problem,Tony. Maybe my post can be of some help to someone

Bob, K8CT
W1AEX

Postby W1AEX » Sat May 02, 2020 2:14 pm

Tony,

I am running Windows 7 so my first-hand information is limited to that operating system. I visited the article at the link below and followed the instructions given there to change the network classification:

https://www.online-tech-tips.com/windows-10/change-from-public-to-private-network-in-windows-7-8-10/

73, Rob W1AEX
Tony EI7BMB

Postby Tony EI7BMB » Sat May 02, 2020 3:44 pm

Thanks Rob, I'll read up on that
k8ct

Postby k8ct » Sun May 03, 2020 1:43 am

Rob,

The Lan port setting is set on private. I also tried installing with fire wall turned off with same results. I also heard today that there are undocumented release levels of the 200D. Wonder if That could be my issue or if that is even true ?

Tnx fer all of your help. Bob, K8CT
W1AEX

Postby W1AEX » Sun May 03, 2020 5:13 pm

Hi Bob,

Sorry that the LAN group classification is not the problem. That would have been an easy fix! I am not aware of any undocumented releases of the ANAN 200D. As far as I know all that is out there is the REV 15, REV 16, and REV 24 versions of the 200D. The REV 15/16 versions are very similar and well documented and the REV 24 versions with the upgraded PA board were what was manufactured right up to the end of production. Again, the REV 24 version is very well documented as configuration for PS is slightly different from the earlier models. Maybe someone here has more to tell about the possibility of other models that are out there. As far as I know the hardware would not affect the installation of Thetis as it will install and open up fine even with no ANAN hardware connected.

I'm afraid I don't have much more to offer regarding the installation issue with the newer versions of Thetis. If the windows account that you log in with has admin level privileges the install MSI should be able to write to the User path. I'm at a loss to come up with a solution. Hard to say if this is a windows problem or a Thetis install program problem, but hopefully, someone here has run into this and resolved it!

73, Rob W1AEX
k8ct

Postby k8ct » Sun May 03, 2020 7:45 pm

Tnx Rob,

Maybe someone will come along with some help... It's good that the current setup is working FB.

Bob, K8CT
vk1hx

Postby vk1hx » Mon May 04, 2020 3:18 am

k8ct wrote:Tnx Rob,

Maybe someone will come along with some help... It's good that the current setup is working FB.

Bob, K8CT

Hi Bob,

Let me first apologise, I am not trying to tell you how to suck eggs, however you are running the following Thetis v2.6.9.0 installation file downloaded from the following official repository which is around 14.5mb file size? https://github.com/TAPR/OpenHPSDR-Thetis/releases . I am also running and ANAN200D (Rev.24) v.1.8 and Thetis 2.6.9. I was running windows 7 Pro but now run Window 10 Enterprise LTSB. Much better system.

The version to get is: https://github.com/TAPR/OpenHPSDR-Theti ... _Setup.msi

I am happy to give you a hand by logging into your system via Screen Connect remote client and see what is going on.

Give me a shout if you want to sched a time.

Regards
Phil - VK1JT/VK1HX
73, Phil - VK1HX
vk1hx

Postby vk1hx » Sat May 09, 2020 9:05 am

I guess it got sorted.
73, Phil - VK1HX
k6avp

Re: Thetis v2.6.9 Problem with Win10 2004

Postby k6avp » Sat May 30, 2020 11:41 pm

My PC did the 2004 update and vac connections to/from Thetis (v2.6.9 and v2.7.0a3) broke. Appears that latest FLdigi and WSJTx can connect to my vac's, but Thetis will not. It also does not show in the Win10 "app volume and device preferences" window as it used to. Thetis will connect to the default microphone and speakers devices, but not until/unless the driver type selection (MME, direct, etc.) is changed/toggled. CAT control via com0com virtual serial port also still works.

Hope this can be fixed soon as I do not really want to reverse the update.
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Sun May 31, 2020 12:57 am

Windows updates are famous for breaking sound drivers. Uninstall VAC. Reboot. Reinstall VAC. Reboot. Set up VAC again. If that fails, use Voicemeeter instead:

https://www.vb-audio.com/Voicemeeter/potato.htm

BTW, this has nothing to do with installing Thetis. You should have started a new topic in the Digital Virtual Audio section of this forum.

I also deleted your duplicate post in the 2.7.0 topic. If you are new to web forums, please understand it is poor etiquette to shotgun post the same issue in multiple topics, particularly topics which are not relevant to the issue.
k6avp

Postby k6avp » Sun May 31, 2020 1:45 am

Sorry, missed the vac section. Tried Voicemeter and it appears to work - just one tx test so far. Funny though that both FLdigi and WSJTx can still use Virtual Audio Cable channels (I can send and receive between the two programs) but Thetis does not. I have been using VAC with it HPSDRmr/Thetis for years without problems.

Put the post in both Thetis version sections as it acts the same for each version - seemed reasonable to me, but now I know.

Return to “Thetis”