VAC 1 randomly turns off

txSDR

VAC 1 randomly turns off

Postby txSDR » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:17 am

Since upgrading to Thetis I'm noticing some strange VAC behavior using my Anan 7000DLE MK II Black Edition (No internal PC).

I always enable VAC 1 with default settings and it brings audio to life through my PC speakers. Since upgrading to Thetis I've noticed I'm experiencing VAC 1 just turn itself off randomly. Sometimes it happens frequently, sometimes I can go a while without it happening. Have not found any correlation with me actively tuning/adjusting anything in the software when it happens. Nothing else in the software seems to go wrong when this happens, I just notice I lose sound from my PC speakers and look and VAC 1 is off/disabled - and clicking the VAC 1 button always restores the receive audio.

Since this was happening with Protocol 2 v1.9 firmware & 3.6.9 Thetis - I decided last night to try upgrading to latest 2.0b firmware and Thetis 2.7 a3. I got both running, but the problem is still there. Again - I can't seem to "make" it happen and sometimes it just stops happening

I can't completely rule out that this wasn't happening (although I feel like I would have noticed it, it's very noticeable when receive audio just disappears) when I was running latest stable OpenHPSDR MRX PS & the Protocol 1 firmware the radio shipped with - as I as using headphones via the front headphone jack quite a bit then.

Anyone seen this problem before? Any logs I can go look at to try to find a reason for VAC 1 shutting itself off at random?
DH1KLM

Re: VAC 1 randomly turns off

Postby DH1KLM » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:43 am

73 de Sigi / DH1KLM
Dave30019

Postby Dave30019 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:25 am

Mine too; Thetis 2.6.9, 7K Black Face.
Dave
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:17 am

Have you tried operating with a fresh database?

Also, VAC state is tied to your TX profile. If you haven't saved it in the profile you could get unexpected results when bands or band stacks are switched.

Return to “Thetis”