ramdor

Re: 2.6.9

Postby ramdor » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:53 pm

UPDATE

Hi all,

Quick update. I'll get the source off to Doug later today. Please try : link removed, see post #1

Note: use all the files from the zip.

EDIT: the later today didn't happen. Now sometime soon(tm).

(11/3/10) a5
-add: display/screen icon added to status bar. Click for preset resolutions
-change: added some info/features to seq log form
-change: pulled try/catch from different drawing functions, and added one at overall render level
-change: refactored initial section of timer1_Tick in PS form. No changes to state machine
(11/3/10) a5_1
-fix: fixed colour on PS label
Last edited by ramdor on Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:32 am, edited 5 times in total.
W1AEX

Postby W1AEX » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:47 pm

The A5 patch looks good Richie. Thanks for including the YouTube resolutions in the screen size drop down menu. Very slick! I've tried Pure Signal with the amp off and the amp engaged and it's correcting fine (so far). I don't really know what the timer1_tick change does but it has worked flawlessly with my usual quick tests. One trivial thing that I did notice is that the "PureSignal 2" label next to "Feedback" and "Correcting" stays blue rather than turning orange (I'm color-blind so I think it was orange) when PS is active. Not sure if that is simply a cosmetic thing.

Thanks again,

Rob W1AEX
"One thing I am certain of is that there is too much certainty in the world."
ramdor

Postby ramdor » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:58 pm

thanks rob, will check that colour as I did re-work/tidy all that and might have missed something
NC3Z

Postby NC3Z » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:02 pm

Rob I see the same thing with the PureSignal 2 logo staying blue.

Really like the resolution feature, that is slick. Ritchie you are making a top notch radio into a Thoroughbred.
Gary NC3Z
ramdor

Postby ramdor » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:13 pm

fixed that label colour, in a5_1, links updated in posts above, and yes totally cosmetic.

cheers.
W1AEX

Postby W1AEX » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:26 pm

Richie,

With a5_1 the PureSignal 2 logo is looking good!

Thanks!

Rob
K0MO

Postby K0MO » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:56 am

Richie,

For some reason Thetis_1645_111119_269_a5_1.zip files got Quarantined by Norton Security with false positives, so I had to exclude them in order to use them.

This behavior happened before but just with "Thetis.exe" not with the other files in the .zip folder.

Could you please release Thetis 2.6.9_a5_1 Source Code? Last time I tried in Visual Studio 2019 it was for Thetis 2.6.7 instead.

ramdor

Postby ramdor » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:28 am

K0MO wrote:Could you please release Thetis 2.6.9_a5_1 Source Code? Last time I tried in Visual Studio 2019 it was for Thetis 2.6.7 instead.

Unfortunately not. I don't do any source code releases. All of it goes to Doug to sort out, bring other coders changes in, and build distributions. I am in the middle of some changes, which I hopefully will finish today.

Richie.
W3MMR

Postby W3MMR » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:11 am

Had my first problem in a while this morning with A_51. I powered everything on. Went to the store, some back, and the panafall was frozen. But I could still hear RX audio. I did not try to transmit. I went to power the software down, and got an error message. I should have made a screenshot but I didnt. It did say something about directX on it. Anyway, I hit quit, restarted, and havent had another issue yet. Just wanted to put it out there, lack of info or not. Ill take a screen shot next time.

Perry
ramdor

Postby ramdor » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:29 pm

Ok Perry thanks. There is something going on but haven't yet tracked it down.
K0MO

Postby K0MO » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:54 pm

Richie,

I understand what you're saying. Still in a previous post you mention: "Quick update. I'll get the source off to Doug later today. Please try : https://www.dropbox.com/s/fe47rxudj8c4d ... 1.zip?dl=0"

Based on what you said above, can we expect to get, if not the latest at least, the current 2.6.9 source from Doug?

I was playing with C# code in Visual Studio but when I went to debug found old Thetis 2.6.7 code instead of current code with the TAPR 2.6.8 release :o

By the way, Thetis is working great, with no SEQ errors, on all remote computers, wired and wi-fi, on the network ;)

Thank you,

Manny
ramdor

Postby ramdor » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:19 pm

K0MO wrote:Richie,

I understand what you're saying. Still in a previous post you mention: "Quick update. I'll get the source off to Doug later today. Please try : https://www.dropbox.com/s/fe47rxudj8c4d ... 1.zip?dl=0"

Based on what you said above, can we expect to get, if not the latest at least, the current 2.6.9 source from Doug?

It didn't go off, as I am in the middle of changing panafall to have movable horizontal splitter. afaik 2.6.9 source is not yet available. Can't rush these things.

BTW, download the zip, right click the zip, properties, and unblock the zip before expanding. Norton being Norton probably quarantined everything that is 'blocked'. I can assure you that those files are clean, there is too much to risk at this location with them not being so.

Richie.
Last edited by ramdor on Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
K0MO

Postby K0MO » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:39 pm

Oh, I see. I'll look forward for the source code, hopefully soon after you're done with those exciting new changes :)

I know, Norton is a pain sometimes, so no worries if it's coming from you Richie 8-)

Thanks for all the wonderful work you do for this great community!

Cheers,
Last edited by K0MO on Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
W1AEX

Postby W1AEX » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:44 pm

W3MMR wrote:Had my first problem in a while this morning with A_51. I powered everything on. Went to the store, some back, and the panafall was frozen. But I could still hear RX audio. I did not try to transmit. I went to power the software down, and got an error message. I should have made a screenshot but I didnt. It did say something about directX on it. Anyway, I hit quit, restarted, and havent had another issue yet. Just wanted to put it out there, lack of info or not. Ill take a screen shot next time.

Perry

Perry and Richie,

I ran into my first lockup ever with Thetis last night while running v2.6.9 a5_1. In my case, the station I was listening to was still heard fine and the panadapter and s-meter were still functioning, but all the controls (buttons and sliders) were frozen. I did key the ANAN to TX just to see what it would do but it would not produce any power and no TX audio was present. When I un-keyed it went right back to RX and I could hear stations again but all the controls were still frozen. With the GUI interface frozen, I could not shut down the program with the "Power" button so I had to use Task Manager to end the process. After it shut down I re-started and all was well again. No problem with startup this morning and it has been running fine for several hours. Might be a one-off but it sounds somewhat similar to what Perry saw.

73, Rob W1AEX

EDIT 11/14/2019: Just an update to note that I have not seen the GUI "freeze-up" issue with Thetis running 12 hours straight yesterday and again today for 10 hours. Happy to say that the 200D has run smoothly and reliably the last two days.
Last edited by W1AEX on Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Guenter

Postby Guenter » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:43 pm

Hello Richie and all,
many thanks for your nice, big and super Jobs About Thetis.

Now with 269 a5 all working nice.
Have updated to a5_1 and now i can Not more see the PureSignal 2 Logo´s .

Will go back to a5 or have i make a misstake?
-----Sorry for my simple, bad english.

73 Guenter DK8DX

Anan7000DLE MK2, ext. PC
W2SDR

Postby W2SDR » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:18 pm

Everything running smooth here on a5_1 here on my I5-4460. No crashes even at 60fps. Great job!!
Frank, W2SDR
ramdor

Postby ramdor » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:36 pm

Guenter wrote:Have updated to a5_1 and now i can Not more see the PureSignal 2 Logo´s .

"PureSignal 2" string is only shown only if PS-A button is selected/enabled, and it will be green. It will not be displayed if you use a single shot calibration of PS.

Richie.
Guenter

Postby Guenter » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:58 pm

Richie thanks.
Sorry, it was my mistake. Have boot the PC new and now a5_1 is running fine.
It Looks great……………….
73 Guenter
ramdor

Postby ramdor » Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:40 am

Sorry, I forgot to mention, if your spectral area stops updating in DirectX mode but audio etc is all ok, then that is expected behaviour as I shutdown directX if there is an issue. You can switch to GDI+ then back to DirectX if you want to reinitialise the graphics engine without having to restart Thetis.

I have now isolated this problem and will be releasing new test exe in a couple of days.

Cheers, Richie.
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:31 am

Running a5_1, smooth as silk this evening. I had some problems with PureSignal stability under a4, but a5_1 is really working much better. I have no strong proof that the new version is the difference, but I haven't changed anything else, and I had very assiduously made sure to reboot/cycle power on everything under a4 just to make sure that wasn't the issue.

BREAK

Warning, danger, feature request: monitor TX AF has no effect on the VAC feed. It would be nice if it did :)

Thanks Richie!

Scott
K0MO

Postby K0MO » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:18 am

w-u-2-o wrote:Warning, danger, feature request: monitor TX AF has no effect on the VAC feed. It would be nice if it did :)

I second that Richie!
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:08 pm

Giving the Monitor TX AF level some additional thought, it might be easier and more useful to include a checkbox in the VAC1 setup dialog that allows the user to choose between the existing RX1 audio stream, and the audio stream that is currently only sent to the CODEC via the FPGA in the ANAN hardware.

The original design intent of the VAC interface was for it to be used to support digital modes only. As such, it only carries single receiver audio, although it is subject to all other signal processing except Master AF. The use case was for RX1 or RX2 AF to be set appropriately for the digi app, while Master AF could be set separately for comfortable monitoring.

However, with a growing population of folks who have or wish to fully virtualize or remote their operations, including myself and I think Richie as well, in most cases it would be preferable to have the VAC output carry the stream that currently is only sent out to the CODEC via the FPGA. This stream carries an adjustable TX AF level, as well as the output of the RX1 and RX2 mixer.

Thoughts? "Shut up, Scott" is an acceptable thought, BTW :D

73!

Scott
W4WMT

Postby W4WMT » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:45 pm

w-u-2-o wrote:Giving the Monitor TX AF level some additional thought, it might be easier and more useful to include a checkbox in the VAC1 setup dialog that allows the user to choose between the existing RX1 audio stream, and the audio stream that is currently only sent to the CODEC via the FPGA in the ANAN hardware.

The original design intent of the VAC interface was for it to be used to support digital modes only. As such, it only carries single receiver audio, although it is subject to all other signal processing except Master AF. The use case was for RX1 or RX2 AF to be set appropriately for the digi app, while Master AF could be set separately for comfortable monitoring.

However, with a growing population of folks who have or wish to fully virtualize or remote their operations, including myself and I think Richie as well, in most cases it would be preferable to have the VAC output carry the stream that currently is only sent out to the CODEC via the FPGA. This stream carries an adjustable TX AF level, as well as the output of the RX1 and RX2 mixer.

Thoughts? "Shut up, Scott" is an acceptable thought, BTW :D

73!

Scott

I’m working on it. It also bypasses PortAudio and gives the ChannelMaster a native ASIO interface. Also WASAPI, if it works out.

w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:38 pm

That sounds great, Bryan!
Tony EI7BMB

Postby Tony EI7BMB » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:00 pm

Indeed nice work Bryan
ramdor

Postby ramdor » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:00 pm

Nice Bryan ! Changes to front end will be released over weekend at some point and then code off to Doug. Somewhat busy so not much time spent on it this week.

Richie.
K0MO

Postby K0MO » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:46 pm

Looking forward to it. Thanks Richie! :)
ramdor

Postby ramdor » Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:39 am

UPDATE

Hi all,

Please try : link removed, see post #1

There are quite a number of changes 'under the hood' in regards to display. Also please keep an eye out for the errorlog.txt file.

Note: use all the files in the zip

After the weekend testing, source for a6 will go off to Doug.

Cheers, Richie.

(11/3/10) a6
  • add: when using a single RX and when in panafall, the splitter between panadaptor and waterfall can be dragged up and down. Right click to recenter
  • fix: untrapped exception on shut down caused by thread time outs in power off button not waiting long enough (display_volts_amps_thead)
  • change: thread time out for multimeter_thread(s) in power off button state now based on meter delay
  • add: ErrorLog.txt created if any untrapped .NET or DirectX issues (\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\OpenHPSDR\Thetis\ErrorLog.txt)
  • fix: rx2 waterfall bitmap resized correctly, this would only be noticeable if you switched from panafall to waterfall on rx2
  • change: grid scale numbers flip side away from passband filter for USB/LSB/DIGU/DIGL/CWU/CWL
(11/3/10) a6_1 + a6_2
-fix: fixes to some GDI drawing issues
Last edited by ramdor on Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:58 am, edited 4 times in total.
W4WMT

Postby W4WMT » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:06 am

ramdor wrote:UPDATE

Hi all,

Please try : https://www.dropbox.com/s/kafb2ln3dvbgx ... 6.zip?dl=0

There are quite a number of changes 'under the hood' in regards to display. Also please keep an eye out for the errorlog.txt file.

Note: use all the files in the zip

After the weekend testing, source for a6 will go off to Doug.

Cheers, Richie.

(11/3/10) a6
  • add: when using a single RX and when in panafall, the splitter between panadaptor and waterfall can be dragged up and down. Right click to recenter
  • fix: untrapped exception on shut down caused by thread time outs in power off button not waiting long enough (display_volts_amps_thead)
  • change: thread time out for multimeter_thread(s) in power off button state now based on meter delay
  • add: ErrorLog.txt created if any untrapped .NET or DirectX issues (\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\OpenHPSDR\Thetis\ErrorLog.txt)
  • fix: rx2 waterfall bitmap resized correctly, this would only be noticeable if you switched from panafall to waterfall on rx2
  • change: grid scale numbers flip side away from passband filter for USB/LSB/DIGU/DIGL/CWU/CWL

Richie,

We're you able to do the "splitter drag" in GDI+ also, or is this just for DirectX only?

ramdor

Postby ramdor » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:14 am

Implemented in both, but existing waterfall bitmap is lost on mouse release. DX version copies existing waterfall over to new bitmap if same width. There is more work to do on all of that stuff really, but it is workable.

edit: i am tempted to pull gdi+ because everything is double the work.

edit2: there are some issues with overlay filter size heights in gdi+, i will sort it before it goes off to Doug. Probably forgot to make the changes to the gdi+ side of those :roll:

Richie.

Return to “Thetis”