DH1KLM

Re: 2.6.9

Postby DH1KLM » Wed Dec 25, 2019 5:23 pm

Thetis_v2.6.9-b6 Installer is already there. It is a Christmas present. ;)
https://github.com/w5wc/Thetis/releases/download/v2.6.9/Thetis_v2.6.9-b6_Setup_24Dec19.msi
73 de Sigi / DH1KLM
w8er

Postby w8er » Wed Dec 25, 2019 5:37 pm

DH1KLM wrote:Thetis_v2.6.9-b6 Installer is already there. It is a Christmas present. ;)
https://github.com/w5wc/Thetis/releases/download/v2.6.9/Thetis_v2.6.9-b6_Setup_24Dec19.msi

Thanks to the "Guys" for all of the work. I checked last night late and Santa hadn't been there. I tried it 6 months ago and it didn't work well. I see all of the work that has been done and I'm anxious to try it again. -- Larry W8ER
nico

Postby nico » Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:58 am

Hi Richie

Wishing you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Another cheeky feature request and please anyone let me know if this can be done already and I just have not figured it out yet.

I exclusively use VAC1 to direct the audio from my Anan 8000 to my PC sound card. I would love the ability to use VAC2 at the same time without having to use RX2.

The SunSDR software does this really well with having the ability to have a PC Mic and Sound Out as a seperate output.

This is really useful if you use VAC to connect to other software such as JTDX

What would work really well would be if VAC1 and VAC2 can be mirrored and dedicated to RX1 - that way I can keep hearing the sound/mic through VAC1 and then have VAC2 dedicated to JTDX etc

Thanks

Nicholas 2E0GKG
W4WMT

Postby W4WMT » Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:11 pm

nico wrote:Hi Richie

Wishing you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Another cheeky feature request and please anyone let me know if this can be done already and I just have not figured it out yet.

I exclusively use VAC1 to direct the audio from my Anan 8000 to my PC sound card. I would love the ability to use VAC2 at the same time without having to use RX2.

The SunSDR software does this really well with having the ability to have a PC Mic and Sound Out as a seperate output.

This is really useful if you use VAC to connect to other software such as JTDX

What would work really well would be if VAC1 and VAC2 can be mirrored and dedicated to RX1 - that way I can keep hearing the sound/mic through VAC1 and then have VAC2 dedicated to JTDX etc

Thanks

Nicholas 2E0GKG

I believe VB-Audio's VoiceMeeter Potato will do that for you, right out of the box.
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:18 pm

Bryan W4WMT wrote:I believe VB-Audio's VoiceMeeter Potato will do that for you, right out of the box.
You beat me to it by just a few seconds, Bryan! :D

Link to Voicemeeter Potato, the dumbest named, but very capable virtual mixing board for Windows:

https://www.vb-audio.com/Voicemeeter/potato.htm

Assign your speakers to output A1. Assign VAC1 and VAC2 to the first two virtual channels (B1 and B2), and your digi software to the third virtual channel (B3), then mix and route them to your heart's content. And you can put a microphone on the first hardware channel and route that into Thetis VAC1 for phone.

That said, I'd still like to see a checkbox in the VAC1 setup that chooses the Master AF stream in lieu of the existing RX1 AF only stream.
VA2EY

Postby VA2EY » Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:46 pm

With the Thetis_2330_201219_269_b6.zip version the display is ok, but with the Thetis_v2.6.9-b6_Setup_24Dec19.msi version
the display is missing. Is it the same version?
msi.jpg
msi.jpg (19.94 KiB) Viewed 16555 times

Michel
Attachments
2.6.9b6.png
2.6.9b6.png (15.12 KiB) Viewed 16555 times
W4WMT

Postby W4WMT » Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:17 pm

w-u-2-o wrote:That said, I'd still like to see a checkbox in the VAC1 setup that chooses the Master AF stream in lieu of the existing RX1 AF only stream.

Coming soon....
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:24 pm

Thanks, Bryan :)
ramdor

Postby ramdor » Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:03 pm

VA2EY wrote:With the Thetis_2330_201219_269_b6.zip version the display is ok, but with the Thetis_v2.6.9-b6_Setup_24Dec19.msi version
the display is missing. Is it the same version?msi.jpg

Michel

Just emailed Doug about it, some bits related to this were missed out. I guess he will re-do/re-release at some point.

Cheers.
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:22 pm

Remember: it's not an "official", "production", release until it hits the official, public, TAPR Github repository. If you are pulling it from Doug's W5WC repo it's still a beta.

Official releases are actually merges of at least two major branches of development. We've got Richie's branch, and there is also a branch coming from Laurence, G8NJJ, which continues to add code in support of future Apache projects currently under development.

This means, of course, that Doug, W5WC, is also hard at work doing the merges on these branches.

Both Richie and Laurence are both so productive it's getting to the point where a continuous build process would be great, with nightly automated builds, but I know I'm dreaming when write that, ha ha! :D
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:28 pm

Also, on that note, I just want to say that I think we all very, very much appreciate your work style, Richie. It takes a brave and rugged individual to develop features in a way that encourages free, open and public discourse on that work, including the constant bombardment of feature requests. I am just as guilty as anyone else in that latter department, I'm sure! This approach to development has not been seen in the openHPSDR world in the last few years, and perhaps not ever. Thank you for all that you do, and for how you do it! It makes us all feel like we are part of your team :)

73!

Scott
W1AEX

Postby W1AEX » Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:42 pm

Well said Scott. 73, Rob W1AEX
"One thing I am certain of is that there is too much certainty in the world."
dl6eat

Postby dl6eat » Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:46 am

Just a very short add to Scott's words:

I came to this very valued and helpful and informative forum within 2019 - I am owning a little ANAN 10 and later I purchased it's bigger brother, the 7000 DLE MKI. Of course it was more than exciting to explore Thetis (never really worked with Open HPSDR mx).
I appreciated all your help folks on my stupid questions and ideas. I have learned a lot and have learned one thing for me personally: There will be no future for my knob radios in my shack environment. I simply can’t get around Thetis any more and miss so much once I switch on one of my many Icom radios. When it comes down to transmitting (including different amps etc) Pure Signal became my signature but also the build-in audio equalization is unmatched.

Who the hell buys radios nowadays based on RX comparisons only? Looks to me TX signal quality is no issue - sometimes even -20 dBc (IMD3) is considered to be "quite okay". Splatters all over the bands - in addition mostly amplified with overdriven cheap LDMOS amps.
Very different on our lovely radios….

Anyway - once again many thanks to all who helped - to all who filled the funnel with new ideas and special thanks to Richie and Scott (in alphabetic order :D ) who I see as two major drivers of it all. Keep on going folks knowing that some people out there appreciate your hard work a lot. Can't thank you enough.

@all: Have a great, healthy, prosperous and Happy New Year!

Cheers,
No knobs, Pure Signal and Thetis (open source)
ANAN 7000, ANAN 10, Intel NUC 8i7 32 GB + 16 GB Optane
W3MMR

Postby W3MMR » Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:04 pm

w-u-2-o wrote:Also, on that note, I just want to say that I think we all very, very much appreciate your work style, Richie. It takes a brave and rugged individual to develop features in a way that encourages free, open and public discourse on that work, including the constant bombardment of feature requests. I am just as guilty as anyone else in that latter department, I'm sure! This approach to development has not been seen in the openHPSDR world in the last few years, and perhaps not ever. Thank you for all that you do, and for how you do it! It makes us all feel like we are part of your team :)

73!

Scott

DITTO!! Hope you all had a great Christmas!

Perry
W3MMR
ULTIMAX

Postby ULTIMAX » Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:30 pm

Thank you for all that you do, and for how you do it! It makes us all feel like we are part of your team :)

73!

Scott

WOW Scott, what a Christmas gift from you, that statement makes you feel like a part of a brotherhood , not like an outsider
sometimes we ask many questions and are picky about any little thing ,but patiently we all help each other and figure it out
boy it really feels nice, ,,,

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all !

Albert
N3YV
73's
ramdor

Postby ramdor » Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:34 pm

Cheers for comments :)

Last couple of weeks have been hectic so not had much time to turn the radio on. I see that Rick has released pre8 so I must try that hopefully later today.

Hope everyone had a good Christmas, I am still recovering from food overload :D

73 Richie.
cLicari

Postby cLicari » Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:06 am

ramdor wrote:Cheers for comments :)

Last couple of weeks have been hectic so not had much time to turn the radio on. I see that Rick has released pre8 so I must try that hopefully later today.

Hope everyone had a good Christmas, I am still recovering from food overload :D

73 Richie.

Richie...
What is the URL for pre8 ?
Thx
Carl
NX5T
Carl Licari
NX5T
Anan 8000DLE, FW v2.0 2b, Thetis 2.8.11, 21k9
Windows 10, dedicated network subnet, Intel i7 8700K, 32GB, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060, Samsung 40" 4K display
ramdor

Postby ramdor » Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:48 am

cLicari wrote:Richie...
What is the URL for pre8 ?
Thx
Carl
NX5T

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3192
W1JA

Postby W1JA » Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:32 pm

w-u-2-o wrote:...the constant bombardment of feature requests
I've been keeping the following request to myself for years.

10-minute timer
It could live in the bottom bar, where the CPU usage and clock displays are. It could have user-modifiable duration (maybe other countries have different ID requirements). It could flash on activation, and have an optional audio alarm, perhaps using a user-supplied .wav file. It would be very useful for those long ragchew QSOs.

73, John
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:05 pm

Great idea, John! The bottom status bar would indeed be a great place for it. One could click to start/stop it, and double click to reset it.
dl6eat

Postby dl6eat » Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:39 pm

Think I need some help…..

Just tried to enable the "Gray Line Tracking" and "Sun Tracking" in the Spot menu.
Everything looks nice but the sun and also the gray line isn't moving over time.

Once I hit the "Track on" button again twice (disable and enable again) it jumps to the correct position.
Looks like this is a bug - may be between my two ears :lol: ?
Couldn't find a solution....
Thanks and 73,

Andy
No knobs, Pure Signal and Thetis (open source)
ANAN 7000, ANAN 10, Intel NUC 8i7 32 GB + 16 GB Optane
w2gs

Postby w2gs » Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:12 pm

Here are some comments on my recent install of Thetis. There is another post showing a screen shot of issue #1 with comments on what I am seeing. These were posted on the Yahoo group and Scott suggested I post them here.

Thetis is much improved over the last time I tried it about 3 months ago. Using v2.6.9-b6 and Protocol 2 v2.0 pre4 with an Anan 8K.

I don't know if anyone is keeping a bug list but I will post my comments here and if this is the wrong place let me know.

1. Thetis doesn't work with CWSkimmer. I tried both WDM-KS and MME. Skimmer display shows blurry lines around the signal that is tuned in and no other signals on the Skimmer waterfall. I tried all the sample rates available in Thetis and CWSkimmer with no success. Skimmer is an important assist tool for contesting and not having it available will keep me using HPSDR.

2. I don't use QSK for CW because of relay transition times in my amplifiers; when using Breakin mode the panadapter display takes while to settle back to receive; the decaying signals balloons across the panadapter.

3. In CWX (ToolBar) the "shrink the window" button doesn't work on my system

4. Please delete all the "filled in" messages in CWX. I have been deleting Gerald's (Flex) callsign and messages for years and I don't think his examples are necessary it's time they go.

5. In SSB mode RX EQ doesn't work. I have not tried transmitting so I don't know if TX EQ works. I had CFC enabled and I don't know if CFC and EQ are mutually exclusive.

6. I had problems savings changes to settings both in Setup and the ToolBar. Seemed to be hit and miss. I was most successful using the Apply button in setup (I never had success using it in HPSDR; a complete shutdown and restart was the only effective way to save changes).

The above comments are only intended to help the development of Thetis and to provide feedback to the developers. I have not seen any comments from CW users and would like to hear what their experiences are.

Thanks again to the developers for all their work.

73, George
W2GS
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:57 pm

George,

Your CW Skimmer problem promises to be quite complex, and threatens to take over the entire 2.6.9 topic, and is really worthy of it's own topic (indeed, this is one of the great advantages of a forum, everything does not need to be crammed into a single stream of consciousness).

Would you be OK if I moved your post into it's own topic within the Thetis forum, where it can be discussed separately in great detail, and then be available as a separate, dedicated reference for CW Skimmer users?

Thanks,

Scott
W2SDR

Postby W2SDR » Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:00 pm

There is a problem with Pure Signal enable when its status is saved in a transit profile. For example, when I go from a profile that has Pure Signal enabled to a profile that it’s not enabled and then return to the “enabled” profile, Pure Signal does not work until I turn the button off and then on again.
Frank, W2SDR
w2gs

Postby w2gs » Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:23 pm

Scott,
I don't have an issue with making my CWSkimmer/Thetis problem it's own topic.
73, George
W2GS
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:32 pm

Thanks, George. Moved to it's own topic. CW Skimmer folks: get over there! :)
K4HNO

Postby K4HNO » Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:10 pm

I have noticed a minor bug. When changing bands sometimes my tune drive power is incorrect. This seems to happen when I have tuned on a different band and then change bands and repeat the tuning procedure. I have my transmitter setup to use drive level for tuning. I repeatedly see 0.5 watts when I am expecting 10. Fortunately the drive level is less than expected. When the problem occurs I simply change the drive level and then see the expected output. My Thetis version is the base 2.6.9 package. Hardware is 7000DLE.

Thanks to all who work so hard on this project. The results are amazing. - Jack K4VR
Ernie

Postby Ernie » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:26 am

W2SDR wrote:There is a problem with Pure Signal enable when its status is saved in a transit profile. For example, when I go from a profile that has Pure Signal enabled to a profile that it’s not enabled and then return to the “enabled” profile, Pure Signal does not work until I turn the button off and then on again.
Frank, W2SDR

I can confirm this behavior. If I switch to a mode (AM) that uses a different transmit profile that doesn't have PS enabled, then switch back to SSB w/ PS enabled, the checkbox will be highlighted but PS does not work until I toggle the button off and back on.

W2FMU
W3MMR

Postby W3MMR » Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:14 pm

Ernie wrote:
W2SDR wrote:There is a problem with Pure Signal enable when its status is saved in a transit profile. For example, when I go from a profile that has Pure Signal enabled to a profile that it’s not enabled and then return to the “enabled” profile, Pure Signal does not work until I turn the button off and then on again.
Frank, W2SDR

I can confirm this behavior. If I switch to a mode (AM) that uses a different transmit profile that doesn't have PS enabled, then switch back to SSB w/ PS enabled, the checkbox will be highlighted but PS does not work until I toggle the button off and back on.

W2FMU

I can attest for this as well. I didnt notice until it was pointed out to me. Using a 200D, latest firmware, and 2.6.9 B6.

Perry
w8er

Re: 2.6.9 TX FL Turn the yellow markers off?

Postby w8er » Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:26 pm

I have been trying to find out how to turn the TX FL markers off. I've gone thru the menu many times and searched this forum and just can't find it! I loaded 2.6.9 yesterday, drank much coffee, my eyes hurt and I still can't find it. Help?

Return to “Thetis”