ramdor

Re: 2.6.8

Postby ramdor » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:26 pm

W3MMR wrote:Is anyone else experiencing issues with the "Special Panafall Mode" feature in the "Spot" tab? It hasn't worked for me in gosh, many many updates. Not that its a big deal, I was just curious if I was the only one. Its, in my opinion, a great idea if you use the gray line map a lot.

Thanks!

Perry
W3MMR

pana.PNG

Yeah sorry Perry, it isn't in there anymore, the whole block of code is commented out at the moment.

When the centre of the panafall can be dragged up/down, then implementing that special mode will so much easier + better :)

Richie.
ULTIMAX

Postby ULTIMAX » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:53 pm

Hello Richie,

I have a question for you , last night doing some skin work I encounter a problem , I close the software and after I try to re-started the opening window came in started loading until the green bar got to 1/2 way and it disappear and the radio won't show, anyway after many attempts I decided to remove Thetis and re-loaded, now here's my question to you to apply all the updates after the start up of 2.6.8 b.c.d.e do I have load them one by one you know b.c.d.e blocks or just by doing the last e1 and then e2 will get back to where I was ??

BTW, I love the up coming features and we appreciated all your hard work,,,thanks !!

Albert
N3YV
ramdor

Postby ramdor » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:23 pm

Albert,

v2.6.8 has been released, so probably best to grab a new install. This will give you a new baseline. That release is everything up to and including 2.6.8(e2). https://github.com/TAPR/OpenHPSDR-Theti ... tag/v2.6.8

I am now working on 2.6.9(a1) which moves on from that install above. I will probably release all dll's from this point on with any changes, it just makes it easier.

Richie.
ULTIMAX

Postby ULTIMAX » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:56 pm

Thank you very much Richie, is a done deal
good luck with the upcoming 2.6.9 I know we're for a treat

Maybe some better looking analog meters like on that Russian radio

don't hate me :lol: I wont push my luck

Thank you My brother

w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:42 pm

Hi Richie,

I just performed a clean install from the TAPR Git repo. (uninstalled all previous versions of Thetis, then ran the installer). I'm assuming this is e2, the window title only says "2.6.8

I immediately ran into a big problem: during TX there is no display of the spectrum being received on ADC0 with DUP ON, and there is no MON audio output under any conditions. I'm probably going to have to go back to my backup copy of d2 (which is was as far as I had gotten last week).

Thanks,

Scott
ramdor

Postby ramdor » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:46 pm

yes, Doug wrapped up e2 and released it. No other reports of that problem on ADC0. No changes to any of that code either in all versions not sure what is going on there.

I will do a clean install from tapr distro, just to check. brb as they say.

Richie.
ramdor

Postby ramdor » Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:03 pm

total fresh install

1) backed wdspWisdom00 file from %appdata%\OpenHPSDR\Thetis
2) uninstalled via add/remove programs
3) deleted %appdata%\OpenHPSDR
4) re-installed
5) copied back wisdom file
6) ran Thetis up, selected, 7000dle, UK, fixed IP, directx
7) shut it down
8) restarted, picked fwd swr, set tx tune power to 14, ok on setup form
9) tune 80m
10) mox 80m
11) mon then mox80

all ok

Richie.
w2ner

Postby w2ner » Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:01 pm

ramdor wrote:Hi all,

e2 is the end of this iteration and everything is with Doug so expect and update/release at some point.

So with that in mind, let the games begin :D

This is going to take a while...... loads and loads of the structure to change. Lets see how far along it is by the end of the year.

Richie.

WOW, I'm loving that!!!
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:42 pm

Hi Richie,

OK, problem solved: I had to rebuild the database from scratch :( :( :(

90% done, just need to do my custom filter presets, import the MIDI setup, check VAC2, and try it out on the air :)

Thanks!

Scott
K0MO

Postby K0MO » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:56 pm

Scott,

Glad to heard you solved the issue. To be safe, I always backup both C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenHPSDR\Thetis and C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\OpenHPSDR directories, including exporting the database+wdspWisdom00 files, before doing any updates or changes to the program.

Richie,

Other than the PureSignal firmware issue, my Anan 100B has been working flawlessly.
I can even run Thetis remotely through my wifi network at maximum speeds with my Surface Pro 6 tablet :D

Manny K0MO
W2SDR

Postby W2SDR » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:45 pm

I have noticed that the program crashes on all the Nov versions here when It's running in the background and I start browsing with Edge. Not right away but after about three or four clicks to different websites, QRZ, etc. Thetis version Setup_7Oct19_c5.msi does not crash.
EA1DAV

Postby EA1DAV » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:41 pm

My Anan 100D don't start the radio. Before work like a champ. In setup the radio and firmware versions are rigth. :!:
w2ner

Postby w2ner » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:17 pm

To whom it may apply

Richie has been working very hard to help get some of the bugs out and to improve the interface. You need to be aware that with the verations from one system to the next (not to even mention the firmware versions) there's going to be some outcomes that may not fit into the normal expectations. Richies is volunteering to do this on his own time, he does not get paid, So please as a group just post information as to errors and not bombard him with unnecessary comments or questions. I respect his hard work and every step forward due to his dedication is a step we did not have in the past.

Richie, I can't put into words the appreciation I have for everything you have been doing. I don't take all this hard work for granted and again, thank you!!
ramdor

Postby ramdor » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:43 am

w-u-2-o wrote:Hi Richie,
OK, problem solved: I had to rebuild the database from scratch :( :( :(

odd, if you have the old db, I would appreciate a copy

Richie.
ramdor

Postby ramdor » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:45 am

W2SDR wrote:I have noticed that the program crashes on all the Nov versions here when It's running in the background and I start browsing with Edge. Not right away but after about three or four clicks to different websites, QRZ, etc. Thetis version Setup_7Oct19_c5.msi does not crash.

please provide screen capture of crash/exception message, machines specs, and ideally a video of it happening

Richie.
ramdor

Postby ramdor » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:46 am

EA1DAV wrote:My Anan 100D don't start the radio. Before work like a champ. In setup the radio and firmware versions are rigth. :!:

make a backup of your DB+wisdom files, and try with a fresh database. What version did it work with before?

Richie.
ramdor

Postby ramdor » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:53 am

cheers Nicolas. With so many variants, different firmware, database issue, etc all becomes a bit tricky. There could be an oddity in the db version converter if Scott was previously working however.

Richie.
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:19 am

Hi everyone,

First, a big, big, big thanks to Richie for all of his tremendous effort. I'm trying to convince my company that a meeting is needed in the UK just so I can get over there to buy him a few pints, at least! :D

Second, per Richie's request, we are going to lock this thread. Further discussion should continue in the 2.6.9 thread which Richie has already started.

Many thanks to everyone for their outstanding support to Richie and the development process. Please continue to make very careful assessments of whether the bugs your are experiencing are firmware related or Thetis related, and always check against a reset database first before blaming any new code--I myself fell for that trap today. The database is a complex, living, breathing thing, and there is a lot of code that Richie hasn't touched yet that can make a database go from perfect to non-functional in an instant. By being sensitive to these things we can make sure that Richie isn't chasing ghosts instead of writing awesome code!

Thanks, and see you in the 2.6.9 thread!

73!

Scott

Return to “Thetis”