w2ner

Re: 2.6.8

Postby w2ner » Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:12 pm

ramdor wrote:
w2ner wrote:I got mine working again, I unchecked "wheel tunes outside spectral" and re enabled it. all good now.

ok that points to something, any idea how long this has been happening?

I think this started with D4 but I can't swear to it.
W1AEX

Postby W1AEX » Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:17 pm

Richie,

I just installed and ran v268 e-1 and it works perfectly. I cycled through the bandstack numerous times, turned V-Synch and RX2 on and off several times and repeated the bandstack cycling test again a dozen times and it was flawless!

Your coding "Kung Fu" is top shelf!

Thanks for straightening this issue (and all the others you have sorted out) so quickly!

Rob W1AEX
"One thing I am certain of is that there is too much certainty in the world."
ramdor

Postby ramdor » Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:31 pm

Good stuff Rob.

ok Helmut , Nicholas, I have found the issue and it is resolved. When selecting a vfo, it turns blue so you can enter numbers. Using mouse wheel now deselects it allowing you to mousewheel vfo as normal. Another change had caused this problem, but sorted now. WIll be in (e2) at some point later today.

Keep up with the testing, more we can sort over the weekend the better. Need to get the gremlins out of there :)

Richie.
K2BU

Postby K2BU » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:04 pm

Hi Richie,
I just downloaded e1. It looks like the problem with the bandstacking frequency shift has been resolved. It appears that Rob has confirmed the same thing. Thanks again for all your efforts!
Chas, K2BU
cLicari

Postby cLicari » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:09 pm

As much as I hate to, I must abandon P2 and 2.6.8. After running all iterations of the software and firmware, intermittent lockups persist with variations from complete freeze ups to what appears as half of the display going into a slow motion panafall with a distorted audio present. There is no telling what the problem is here. The only thing for sure is P1 and OpenHPSDR are reliable so I have no choice but to return and try again later down the road.
Thanks to Richie and the group for all the efforts,
Carl
NX5T
Carl Licari
NX5T
Anan 8000DLE, FW v2.0 2b, Thetis 2.8.11, 21k9
Windows 10, dedicated network subnet, Intel i7 8700K, 32GB, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060, Samsung 40" 4K display
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:13 pm

That's too bad, Carl.

I just want to go on record by saying that I believe this to be a firmware problem and not anything Richie has or has not done with Thetis.

Scott

P.S. I'm running "pre1" with Thetis on the 8000 as it is more stable for me and gives me better PureSignal performance by far. In other words, we still don't have the one-size-fits-all, 100% reliable, works-on-every-serial-number firmware version for the Orion or any other board variant.
ramdor

Postby ramdor » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:17 pm

cLicari wrote:As much as I hate to, I must abandon P2 and 2.6.8. After running all iterations of the software and firmware, intermittent lockups persist with variations from complete freeze ups to what appears as half of the display going into a slow motion panafall with a distorted audio present. There is no telling what the problem is here. The only thing for sure is P1 and OpenHPSDR are reliable so I have no choice but to return and try again later down the road.
Thanks to Richie and the group for all the efforts,
Carl
NX5T

Ah sorry to hear this Carl. Sounds much like the firmware as it sounds like the crazy goings on I had when I first went to P2, which resolved when I went to pre1 and then pre2.

Richie.
w2ner

Postby w2ner » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:21 pm

I agree, I have seen this alot in the past based on serial number. Try this one as I have seen this version be more stable with some 7000DLE's, Orion_MkII_Protocol_2_v2.0_pre1.rbf . If you need the firmware, send me an email and I'll send it to you.
cLicari

Postby cLicari » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:28 pm

w2ner wrote:I agree, I have seen this alot in the past based on serial number. Try this one as I have seen this version be more stable with some 7000DLE's, Orion_MkII_Protocol_2_v2.0_pre1.rbf . If you need the firmware, send me an email and I'll send it to you.

I did try both pre1 and pre2 a few weeks ago. Unless there were changes made since then I still have both downloads. If there have been changes I'll gladly give it a try.

Thx
Carl
NX5T
cjlicari@gmail.com
Carl Licari
NX5T
Windows 10, dedicated network subnet, Intel i7 8700K, 32GB, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060, Samsung 40" 4K display
cLicari

Postby cLicari » Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:36 pm

cLicari wrote:
w2ner wrote:I agree, I have seen this alot in the past based on serial number. Try this one as I have seen this version be more stable with some 7000DLE's, Orion_MkII_Protocol_2_v2.0_pre1.rbf . If you need the firmware, send me an email and I'll send it to you.

I did try both pre1 and pre2 a few weeks ago. Unless there were changes made since then I still have both downloads. If there have been changes I'll gladly give it a try.

Thx
Carl
NX5T
cjlicari@gmail.com

Nick...
Same results after about 10 minutes. Panafall goes into slow motion with receive signal lost and eventual lockup.
Oh well... Thx for the support.

Carl
Carl Licari
NX5T
ramdor

Postby ramdor » Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:41 pm

UPDATE

Hi, small update here : https://www.dropbox.com/s/3zet1lfmv1pel ... 2.zip?dl=0

Richie.

(11/1/19) e2
  • fix: mouse wheel over vfo when vfo highlighted in blue(selected) deselects and enables mouse wheel vfo changing
  • fix: z-order on vfoahover panel moved to topmost, the underline now shows on mouse hover
  • change: LED updates in Setup->F/W_Set stop when not visible, and the timer doing the checking drops from 100 times a second to twice a second
DO2ZA Erwin

Postby DO2ZA Erwin » Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:38 pm

Hi Riche,

all works very fine here with E2. Very nice work from your Side !!

Only one very little Problem: After start Thetis E2 my Mic-Audio was gone to only -20 or -25 dbm in the Mic-Meter, switch the 20db Mic-Boost off
and on does nothing change. Restart E2 dos nothing change, i think the 20 db Boost was gone.
After switching the 200d off and on, restart E2 all was good again.
This was the first Time i need to cycle the 200d :o :o (After a update)

Now its running perfekt, many, many thanks to you.

73 Erwin
Anan 7000DLE MK2 black, P.2 v2.1.18, WIN 10, 10.0.18362 (1903), i7-7700 @3.60 Ghz, 2x Monitor 24"@144 Hz and 1x 32" Monitor @120 FPS for Thetis
w4cm

Postby w4cm » Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:46 pm

ramdor wrote:UPDATE

Hi, small update here : https://www.dropbox.com/s/3zet1lfmv1pel ... 2.zip?dl=0

Richie.

(11/1/19) e2
  • fix: mouse wheel over vfo when vfo highlighted in blue(selected) deselects and enables mouse wheel vfo changing
  • fix: z-order on vfoahover panel moved to topmost, the underline now shows on mouse hover
  • change: LED updates in Setup->F/W_Set stop when not visible, and the timer doing the checking drops from 100 times a second to twice a second

Richie hello.
The wok you do is outstanding and very appreciative. . Every time I read the updates I learn something new about my 7000DLE.
Although operational issues are most important do you have any plans for modifying the expanded screen layout ? Maybe investigate the adding of a 2nd separate meter display for VFO2 / rcv 2 that remains on the display ?

Thanks,

Cecil
ULTIMAX

Postby ULTIMAX » Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:34 pm

I'm second in motion with Cecil, I would to see down the line a way to keep both meters maybe in the top of the screen, next to each VFO and a way to adjust how much view of the waterfall to have by adjusting the center divider,,, Richie thank you for all your efforts and kindness to the community .

Al
N3YV
73's
Last edited by ULTIMAX on Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
W4WMT

Postby W4WMT » Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:35 pm

Hmmm, no need to select (blue) the VFOA to enter freq with the keyboard.
Just start typing and off she goes :-)
It's always been that way, btw.

wa1oxt

Postby wa1oxt » Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:45 am

Is it possible to have the Waterfall step feature in RX1/Rx2 and Tx (General>Display ) to step in 1 dBm instead of 10dBm ?

gary
ramdor

Postby ramdor » Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:50 am

Cecil, Al, yes and yes 8-)

Hah Bryan, thanks for that :)

Gary, the up/down controls have a smaller step?

Richie.
wa1oxt

Postby wa1oxt » Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:57 am

The up/dwn control setps 10dBm per mouse click.

oxt
ik7ytt

Postby ik7ytt » Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:03 pm

i'm noticing since update D some problems with PSA.
is not working all the time. even if all other setting are unchanged..

My opinion for future updates:

1) when use split i think need also be seen on the panadapter . it is noticeable only when trasmitting only if activated the multi rx function.
2) C-tune : still don't understand why is not possible to cancel this button and be able to move panadapter or tune according to the mouse selection as all other sdr software.
3) Collapse/Expand view? why spend time to develope 2 different view with missing of clear functions (user friendly) in both? there is the rx2 that is important and still not devoped in both view.

all other technical updates seams works fine.

thanks anyway for the efforts
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:57 am

ik7ytt wrote:i'm noticing since update D some problems with PSA.
I have not seen a single difference in PureSignal performance associated with any revision of Thetis since 2.6.7. It is very unlikely that any change to Thetis is the source of your issue.
1) when use split i think need also be seen on the panadapter . it is noticeable only when trasmitting only if activated the multi rx function.
Turn on TX FL.
2) C-tune : still don't understand why is not possible to cancel this button and be able to move panadapter or tune according to the mouse selection as all other sdr software.
I think what you are trying to say is that just a simple click won't move the frequency. This certainly is an inconsistency between CTUN on and off. You can right click to get the yellow (or red, for VFO B) crosshairs and tune that way, but you are correct, it is not consistent.
3) Collapse/Expand view? why spend time to develope 2 different view with missing of clear functions (user friendly) in both? there is the rx2 that is important and still not devoped in both view.
Collapse view was developed for people who have very small and/or low resolution displays so that they may be able to see the spectral display more clearly. RX2 certainly does work in both collapse and expand views, although the controls are obviously more limited in collapse display mode on purpose.
ramdor

Postby ramdor » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:04 am

Can you be more specific? can you reproduce the issue? does it happen in 'c' versions. Does it happen in 2.6.7? What radio are you using? etc etc

- spit can be seen in certain modes by using TX FL button (the certain modes caveat needs investigating)
- you can drag the panadaptor in ctun mode by using top area of spectrum area, like top 20 pixels or something, but yes, I agree, something needs to be tidied up with CTUN/centre locked modes

... and the final point,

It is open source, people can add/do what they want. I started looking at this by changing the RX1 meter width for a friend, and a couple of other small changes. That snowballed into fixing quite a few issues, adding RX2 panafall (somewhat shoehorned in), adding DirectX engine, Manual Notch GUI, etc.

My whole thought process is I want a better experience for myself, a bonus that other people might like the changes I make, and as a user of ExpertSDR2 from ExpertElectronics I get to see a very polished piece of software. Slowly perhaps with changes Thetis might get steered toward something that doesn't resemble what it is now, but it all takes time.

Also, remember, there is nothing stopping anyone having a play around with VisualStudio 2019 (its free) and changing Thetis for the better. Even 'non programmers' can follow on line courses and learn.

Richie.
ramdor

Postby ramdor » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:47 am

Hi all,

e2 is the end of this iteration and everything is with Doug so expect and update/release at some point.

So with that in mind, let the games begin :D

This is going to take a while...... loads and loads of the structure to change. Lets see how far along it is by the end of the year.

Richie.
ramdor

Postby ramdor » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:27 am

Thanks for info. Forwarded to Doug. It looks like msi contains the file.

Richie.
Tony EI7BMB

Postby Tony EI7BMB » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:04 am

Thanks again Richie , yeah that Sun SDR software looks cool
ik7ytt

Postby ik7ytt » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:35 am

Dear Richie

ramdor wrote:

Can you be more specific? can you reproduce the issue? does it happen in 'c' versions. Does it happen in 2.6.7? What radio are you using? etc etc

Regarding PS-a issue i don't remember exactly since when.

The problem is that the 2-tone test in linearity menu don't give me the Correction, greed feedback all the times
then when i go in Tx sometime i get the greed lights for the corrections sometime, disappears. is random , is with or withoutthe use of any PA,means any power level and is on every band/antenna i have

i'm trying to update following the sequence of your updates releases, because i saw sometimes have only thetis.exe file sometimes also others.
so i'm sure i made all the steps and non loosing any files.
the problem is to go back....i don't recall exactly with one was perfectly working and every time i cancel the old zip files.

- spit can be seen in certain modes by using TX FL button (the certain modes caveat needs investigating)
NOTED THANKS. IN THIS WAY WORKS FOR SURE,, BUT THE TX-FIL BUTTOM SHUOLD BE USED FOR SHOWING THE TX-FILTER RANGE NOT THE SPLIT LOCATION. FOR THIS I WAS ASKING IF MAY BE THERE WAS SPACE TO IMPROVE THIS ALSO

- you can drag the panadaptor in ctun mode by using top area of spectrum area, like top 20 pixels or something, but yes, I agree, something needs to be tidied up with CTUN/centre locked modes
LIKE YOU SAY IS WORKING BUT IS NOT OPTIMAL

... and the final point,

It is open source, people can add/do what they want. I started looking at this by changing the RX1 meter width for a friend, and a couple of other small changes. That snowballed into fixing quite a few issues, adding RX2 panafall (somewhat shoehorned in), adding DirectX engine, Manual Notch GUI, etc.

My whole thought process is I want a better experience for myself, a bonus that other people might like the changes I make, and as a user of ExpertSDR2 from ExpertElectronics I get to see a very polished piece of software. Slowly perhaps with changes Thetis might get steered toward something that doesn't resemble what it is now, but it all takes time.

Also, remember, there is nothing stopping anyone having a play around with VisualStudio 2019 (its free) and changing Thetis for the better. Even 'non programmers' can follow on line courses and learn.
OF COURSE SINCE YOU STARTED TO UPDATE FREQUENTLY THIS SOFTWARE START TO BEGIN INTERESTING. SDR RTX I BASED ON THE SOFTWARE IF NOT DEVELOPED THE RTX ITSELF IS NOT USEFULL. YOUR EFFORTS ARE GREATS, I WAS JUST SAYING THAT WORKING ON 2 DIFFERENT WIEVS MAY BE WAS NOT OPTIMIZATION OF THE WORKING TIME, DOUBLING THE JOB.

I SEE YOU VIDEO IN OTHER POST AND THAT SEAMS TO BE INTERESTING , SO LOOKIS LIKE YOU ARE ALREADY THINKING FURTHER AND IN RIGHT DIRECTION

Richie.

THANKS Andy ik7ytt
W4WMT

Postby W4WMT » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:37 am

Hi Richie,

Looks like someone (maybe Doug?) in the past had already begun trying to exploit the powerful "rxa" capabilities in the ChannelMaster (see rxa.cs). Very interesting concept: each DDC having its own undocked panadapter and controls.

ea3aqr

Postby ea3aqr » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:40 am

ramdor wrote:Hi all,

e2 is the end of this iteration and everything is with Doug so expect and update/release at some point.

So with that in mind, let the games begin :D

This is going to take a while...... loads and loads of the structure to change. Lets see how far along it is by the end of the year.

Richie.

WoooooooooooooooooooooooW!!!! :o
New call sign EA3CL
NC3Z

Postby NC3Z » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:16 pm

Way too cool Ritchie! We really appreciate all your work and talent to do this!
Gary NC3Z
W3MMR

Postby W3MMR » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:20 pm

Is anyone else experiencing issues with the "Special Panafall Mode" feature in the "Spot" tab? It hasn't worked for me in gosh, many many updates. Not that its a big deal, I was just curious if I was the only one. Its, in my opinion, a great idea if you use the gray line map a lot.

Thanks!

Perry
W3MMR

pana.PNG
pana.PNG (49.55 KiB) Viewed 15544 times
Last edited by W3MMR on Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ramdor

Postby ramdor » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:20 pm

Bryan W4WMT wrote:Hi Richie,

Looks like someone (maybe Doug?) in the past had already begun trying to exploit the powerful "rxa" capabilities in the ChannelMaster (see rxa.cs). Very interesting concept: each DDC having its own undocked panadapter and controls.

yes, Doug told me about the rxa class and related panDisplay. I was just having a play around with dockpanelsuit (WeifenLuo.WinFormsUI.Docking) to see what it could/couldn't do and if there were any issues with directX hwnd render. Also, I don't really fancy implementing all that docking stuff.

Not sure what it easier to do yet, change existing Theits, or build new project from ground up, and pull required parts in. One thing is for certain, all the old GDI+ code is probably going to be ditched.

Richie.

Return to “Thetis”