2.6.8

SA3ATF
Posts: 71
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:42 pm
Location: Solleftea Sweden JP83PE
Contact:

Re: 2.6.8

Postby SA3ATF » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:55 am

Hey all!

My 200D Rev 24 got pretty weird with 2.6.8 on many points and I was forced to go back to 2.6.7.
To mention one thing, there were four decimal places on the frequency and they could not be zeroed. After a while, it also crashed.
Compare the XML documents to both versions and see that points are used in the new but the comma in the old one and assume it has to do with the thing.
Otherwise, it looked really nice with the new features and looks!

Looking forward to the development of this :)
I don’t suffer from insanity, I enjoy every second of it!
User avatar
ramdor
Posts: 103
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:07 pm

Re: 2.6.8

Postby ramdor » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:47 pm

w2ner wrote:What would be great to have is, being able to have two separate windows, one for VFO 1 and one for VFO 2. This way us guys who run multiple monitors can benefit by having full size and separate waterfalls and pan adapter. One VFO on each monitor.

Oh and being able to set up multiple notch filters in a single pan adapter.

ok, I'll stop now before I get carried away.


:D and ;) and 8-) I too dream of such things :)

Richie.
vk1hx
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:03 pm

Re: 2.6.8

Postby vk1hx » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:12 pm

.
Last edited by vk1hx on Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
ramdor
Posts: 103
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:07 pm

Re: 2.6.8

Postby ramdor » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:42 pm

Hi folks,

Another one to test for those interested : https://www.dropbox.com/s/030c5diuvumn3 ... 9.zip?dl=0

A round up of changes, known issues.

Cheers, Richie.

since 2.6.8
- added: shutdown splash screen
- added: link spectrum grid min/max to waterfall low/high, so dragging scale of spectrum will change waterfall range
- change: sync only updates RX2 mode/filter if different to RX1 (no more crazy flicker of the buttons)
- change: setting of RX2 band via CAT handled differently to fix issue with rx2 band drop down not having all possible bands
- change: move extended from region to new check box. Fixes issues with 60m channels and other problems
- fix: RX2mode panel now shown in correct place when coming out of collapsed view
- fix: LED font issue is resolved
- fix: white popup windows that were showing during shutdown
- fix: flicker of bands panel fixed for RX1 when in extended region
- temp fix: spectrum scale drag issues when fully in. min/max kept at 24db separation when using slider to resize. Further work needed as erroneous ranges can be defined in setup form

UI Known issues:
- tune has some offset when DUP is on
- off does not hide panafall in in some cases
- using spot backgrounds has undesired effect on background when disable pic display used
- new link spectrum does not always set correct value when band changed
- further work required on 'spectrum scale drag'
jeffreydoran
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:39 pm

Re: 2.6.8

Postby jeffreydoran » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:48 pm

Thetis 2.6.8 as of 2120_140919 installed and working fine with fixes and changes as noted. No anomalies noted. Thanks Richie.

73,
Jeff NJ2US
NC3Z
Posts: 154
Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:57 pm
Location: Merritt, NC

Re: 2.6.8

Postby NC3Z » Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:25 pm

It's like a new radio every day!
Gary NC3Z
NC3Z
Posts: 154
Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:57 pm
Location: Merritt, NC

Re: 2.6.8

Postby NC3Z » Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:36 pm

Just to add on the "things to do". No biggie.
Under Spotting the "Special Panafall Mode" no longer works.
Gary NC3Z
NC3Z
Posts: 154
Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:57 pm
Location: Merritt, NC

Re: 2.6.8

Postby NC3Z » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:03 am

Hope you dont mind another observation. In the Collapsed view there is a turn around lag going from TX to RX when looking at the Spectrum that is not present in the Expanded view.
Gary NC3Z
User avatar
w2ner
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:14 am

Re: 2.6.8

Postby w2ner » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:13 am

NC3Z wrote:Hope you dont mind another observation. In the Collapsed view there is a turn around lag going from TX to RX when looking at the Spectrum that is not present in the Expanded view.


I see that as well on my 8000
User avatar
ramdor
Posts: 103
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:07 pm

Re: 2.6.8

Postby ramdor » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:24 am

NC3Z wrote:Hope you dont mind another observation. In the Collapsed view there is a turn around lag going from TX to RX when looking at the Spectrum that is not present in the Expanded view.


can you make quick vid showing this?
NC3Z
Posts: 154
Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:57 pm
Location: Merritt, NC

Re: 2.6.8

Postby NC3Z » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:44 am

The red marker indicates the radio is TX'ing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJ5S67Eaye4
Gary NC3Z
User avatar
ramdor
Posts: 103
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:07 pm

Re: 2.6.8

Postby ramdor » Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:05 am

NC3Z wrote:The red marker indicates the radio is TX'ing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJ5S67Eaye4


Thanks for the vid Gary, and the report Nick.

Added to the issues list. I can replicate it here, but the lag is very very short duration.
vk1hx
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:03 pm

Re: 2.6.8

Postby vk1hx » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:52 am

.
Last edited by vk1hx on Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
vk1hx
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:03 pm

Re: 2.6.8

Postby vk1hx » Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:01 am

.
Last edited by vk1hx on Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
efeustel
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:40 pm

Re: 2.6.8 (9/12) Problem not covered yet

Postby efeustel » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:56 pm

Using the 9/12 version I continually get AMP Overload whether an amp is connected or not on an 8000DLE using Protocol 1.9 and an upgraded 2.6.7 database in receive mode. If I adjust drive up from zero, the drive quickly decreases toward 0.
efeustel
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:40 pm

Re: 2.6.8 (9/12) Problems resolved

Postby efeustel » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:21 pm

Evidently the DB upgrade did not work correctly. When I reset the DB, the problems went away.
NC3Z
Posts: 154
Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:57 pm
Location: Merritt, NC

Re: 2.6.8 (9/12) Problems resolved

Postby NC3Z » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:53 pm

efeustel wrote:Evidently the DB upgrade did not work correctly. When I reset the DB, the problems went away.


All these Beta updates have added a new tweak to the settings pages and thus the Database. I have now been in the habit of just doing a reset and import. And if the updated was substantial and forced it's own database upgrade I usually just rebuild the database by hand after a reset.

A small price to pay for all this coolness, and I want to eliminate as much as I can on my end before reporting a issue.
Gary NC3Z
NC3Z
Posts: 154
Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:57 pm
Location: Merritt, NC

Re: 2.6.8

Postby NC3Z » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:14 pm

Any idea what the GitHub release today of Thetis_v2.6.8.0_Setup_15Sept19.msi may or may not incorporate?
Gary NC3Z
vk1hx
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:03 pm

Re: 2.6.8

Postby vk1hx » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:59 am

.
Last edited by vk1hx on Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
ramdor
Posts: 103
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:07 pm

Re: 2.6.8

Postby ramdor » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:47 am

Hi all,

For those interested : https://www.dropbox.com/s/l5pq1fz392tuh ... 4.zip?dl=0

Please let me know if that RX/TX lag has been resolved when in collapsed view.

Cheers, Richie.

(b4) changes
- change: meter skin scaled instead of tiled. Fixes grey line in meter (edge). This may have impact on other skins, please advise
- fix: click tune filter removed, lines remain, if options->show ct filter
- change: andromeda cat check in AndromedaIndicatorCheck to prevent unnecessary try/catch
- fix: removed unnecessary calls to rebuild the collapsed view from various places that were potentially causing lag when RX/TX transition when already in collapsed view
- fix: att drop down now hidden when in collapsed topcontrols hidden mode
vk1hx
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:03 pm

Re: 2.6.8

Postby vk1hx » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:29 am

.
Last edited by vk1hx on Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
NC3Z
Posts: 154
Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:57 pm
Location: Merritt, NC

Re: 2.6.8

Postby NC3Z » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:35 am

vk1hx wrote:I’ll take a guess. The initial release of v2.6.8 and incorporates the latest Thetis.exe into one package.


I get that part, but where is it along the line of Richie's updates and fixes?
Gary NC3Z
NC3Z
Posts: 154
Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:57 pm
Location: Merritt, NC

Re: 2.6.8

Postby NC3Z » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:03 pm

ramdor wrote:- fix: removed unnecessary calls to rebuild the collapsed view from various places that were potentially causing lag when RX/TX transition when already in collapsed view


That did the trick!
Gary NC3Z
User avatar
ramdor
Posts: 103
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:07 pm

Re: 2.6.8

Postby ramdor » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:50 pm

Hi all,

Last update for a while, to let things settle.

Please note, there is a change to the frame per second delay code, so you may need to reduce your fps setting if you are experiencing difficulties. What it does mean is that 60fps will be 60fps on those machines that can do it. For example, previously a delay of ~16ms between frames was used to try and limit to 60fps, however it did not take into consideration the time taken to draw that frame, so it would never really be 60fps. That draw time is now deducted. Eventually when a directx render engine is implemented things will probably change again. I use 30fps setting.

Exe: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mjaueikzh2h39 ... 5.zip?dl=0

This exe includes all the following changes/fixes since the initial release of 2.6.8 on the 10th Sept.

Cheers, Richie.

NEW since original 2.6.8 released
- added: shutdown splash screen
- added: link spectrum grid min/max to waterfall low/high, so dragging scale of spectrum will change waterfall range
- change: sync only updates RX2 mode/filter if different to RX1 (no more crazy flicker of the buttons)
- change: setting of RX2 band via CAT handled differently to fix issue with rx2 band drop down not having all possible bands
- change: move extended from region to new check box. Fixes issues with 60m channels and other problems
- fix: RX2mode panel now shown in correct place when coming out of collapsed view
- fix: white popup windows that were showing during shutdown, now not shown
- fix: flicker of bands panel fixed for RX1 when in extended region
- temp fix: spectrum scale drag issues when fully in. min/max kept at 24db separation when using slider to resize further work needed as erroneous ranges can be defined in setup form
(b4) build
- change: meter skin scaled instead of tiled. Fixes grey line in meter (edge). Potential issues with skin that requires specific size of the meter backgound.
- fix: click tune filter removed, lines remain, if options->show ct filter
- change: andromeda cat check in AndromedaIndicatorCheck to prevent unnecessary try/catch
- fix: removed unnecessary calls to CollapsedView from various places that were potentially causing lag when RX/TX transition in CollapsedView
- fix: att drop down now hidden when in collapsed topcontrols hidden mode
additionally in this (b5) build
- fix: duplex mode does not now use shift offset when in tune
- fix: off on both rx1 and rx2 hides both
- fix: vac1+vac2 issues saving profile with VAC1_Latency_On and VAC2_Latency_On fixed. They were being defaulted to true in SaveTXProfileData()
- change: frame rate delay in RunDisplay now considers duration of update to better provide 60fps experience. Note: this may impact users struggling to obtain 60fps. Reduce FPS in these cases
- fix: rx1 + rx2 filters aligned when dragging to edge of spectrum in CTUN drag mode
- change: can now clicktune drag filter on waterfall only display
vk1hx
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:03 pm

Re: 2.6.8

Postby vk1hx » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:26 am

.
Last edited by vk1hx on Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
w2ner
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:14 am

Re: 2.6.8

Postby w2ner » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:09 am

ramdor wrote:Hi all,

Last update for a while, to let things settle.

Please note, there is a change to the frame per second delay code, so you may need to reduce your fps setting if you are experiencing difficulties. What it does mean is that 60fps will be 60fps on those machines that can do it. For example, previously a delay of ~16ms between frames was used to try and limit to 60fps, however it did not take into consideration the time taken to draw that frame, so it would never really be 60fps. That draw time is now deducted. Eventually when a directx render engine is implemented things will probably change again. I use 30fps setting.

Exe: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mjaueikzh2h39 ... 5.zip?dl=0

This exe includes all the following changes/fixes since the initial release of 2.6.8 on the 10th Sept.

Cheers, Richie.

NEW since original 2.6.8 released
- added: shutdown splash screen
- added: link spectrum grid min/max to waterfall low/high, so dragging scale of spectrum will change waterfall range
- change: sync only updates RX2 mode/filter if different to RX1 (no more crazy flicker of the buttons)
- change: setting of RX2 band via CAT handled differently to fix issue with rx2 band drop down not having all possible bands
- change: move extended from region to new check box. Fixes issues with 60m channels and other problems
- fix: RX2mode panel now shown in correct place when coming out of collapsed view
- fix: white popup windows that were showing during shutdown, now not shown
- fix: flicker of bands panel fixed for RX1 when in extended region
- temp fix: spectrum scale drag issues when fully in. min/max kept at 24db separation when using slider to resize further work needed as erroneous ranges can be defined in setup form
(b4) build
- change: meter skin scaled instead of tiled. Fixes grey line in meter (edge). Potential issues with skin that requires specific size of the meter backgound.
- fix: click tune filter removed, lines remain, if options->show ct filter
- change: andromeda cat check in AndromedaIndicatorCheck to prevent unnecessary try/catch
- fix: removed unnecessary calls to CollapsedView from various places that were potentially causing lag when RX/TX transition in CollapsedView
- fix: att drop down now hidden when in collapsed topcontrols hidden mode
additionally in this (b5) build
- fix: duplex mode does not now use shift offset when in tune
- fix: off on both rx1 and rx2 hides both
- fix: vac1+vac2 issues saving profile with VAC1_Latency_On and VAC2_Latency_On fixed. They were being defaulted to true in SaveTXProfileData()
- change: frame rate delay in RunDisplay now considers duration of update to better provide 60fps experience. Note: this may impact users struggling to obtain 60fps. Reduce FPS in these cases
- fix: rx1 + rx2 filters aligned when dragging to edge of spectrum in CTUN drag mode
- change: can now clicktune drag filter on waterfall only display


Richie

I have been messing with Apache Labs and PowerSDR (now Thetis) for years and I must say, you are at the top of your game when it comes to support of this application.... I have moved away from Apache Labs many times for multiple reasons and YOU are the one who has sparked my interest again to continue. I'm sure I speak for everyone who has experience with PowerSDR and Thetis. THANK YOU for all your devotion, support and hard work in making this software one of the best out there.
vk1hx
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:03 pm

Re: 2.6.8

Postby vk1hx » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:37 am

.
Last edited by vk1hx on Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Tony EI7BMB
Posts: 266
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:31 pm
Location: Dublin
Contact:

Re: 2.6.8

Postby Tony EI7BMB » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:50 am

Thanks again Richie. I'd also echo what Phil wrote , saving TX profile per mode is very useful.
NC3Z
Posts: 154
Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:57 pm
Location: Merritt, NC

Re: 2.6.8

Postby NC3Z » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:29 am

I see on the repository that a new 2.6.8 installer (with a 16 Sept date and file name) was uploaded last night. There are no notes like Richie makes so not sure where this repository version lines up with Richie's code.
Gary NC3Z
ea3aqr
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:50 pm

Re: 2.6.8

Postby ea3aqr » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:52 am

Impossible to set up new thetis 2.6.8 on my Anan 7000 DLE running P2 2.0 Pre1.

Always ending with a crash. I've deleted all directories (in "program files" and "users") and started building it 100% from scratch (except for my transmiting profile that I always import).

Today, with the latest build from GitHub, (I've tested every single build) while I was setting it up I've clicked on the screen to tune one station on 20m and both VFOs changed to 61.440 and decimals changed from .xxx to .xxxx

I can switch to any band again clicking on it, but the VFOs are still showing 4 decimals

Crash1.jpg
Crash1.jpg (964.09 KiB) Viewed 656 times


After this crash (I got the same crash every time with every build) Thetis never starts again and always shows the same error.

crash2.jpg
crash2.jpg (200.49 KiB) Viewed 656 times


To restart Thetis I must delete my current database and import a saved one.

I don't know what's going on!

Help please

Excuse me for my bad english...

Return to “Thetis”