Visual studio / software questions & input

Joe

Visual studio / software questions & input

Postby Joe » Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:17 pm

I wasn’t sure where to post or ask this, if improper I apologize. Would it be possible to have a topic or heading for software and/or programming help with Thetis / Powersdr specifically. This would be very helpful with software questions, I know we have many people that have strong points with different programming scenarios in visual studio. I know for me it would be much appreciated and a great learning experience. Many times I know what I want to accomplish but not hot to implement.

Thanks,
Joe
WD5Y
w-u-2-o

Re: Visual studio / software questions & input

Postby w-u-2-o » Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:55 pm

Joe,

That's an interesting request. My first inclination was to think about where to put a "developer's corner" sub-forum. However, like most things associated with the openHPSDR architecture, even developer questions tend to be client-centric. That would tend to lump all programming questions for all clients together.

I'd suggest simply posting your question in the client forum of interest. For example, in this sub-forum start a topic entitled "How to build Thetis in Visual Studio", or whatever your specific question is. Most people look at the Active topics link on a regular basis and they will see it. If it becomes an important and useful thread, we'll tack it as a "sticky".

If that doesn't work out then we can reassess. It is easy enough to move topics to a new forum if we decide one is necessary.

Thanks,

Scott
Joe

Postby Joe » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:34 pm

Thanks Scott,
i will try this here as it does pertain to the Thetis source, here goes it. I have a working Thetis version in that I can control the BPF “bypass filtering” from a drop down tab in the title section. Also, when I select the “WB” tab the BPF is auto bypassed but what I want to do is auto de-select the BPF “dropdown checkbox” when the wideband form is closed. I am trying to uncheck the associated checkbox in the console.cs from the wideband.cs file?

Thanks
Joe
WD5Y
Joe-W4WT

Postby Joe-W4WT » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:44 pm

Great idea! I am compiling and using the beta's (latest 2.6.8 really nice with the UI updates!) but I can only get them to compile in 32 bit mode, not 64 bit, so would like to learn what I need to do in VS to get that to work. I'm pretty new to Visual Studio. I'm using the latest version with no problems so far.

Look forward to the posts.

Joe W4WT
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:11 pm

Here's an idea: perhaps you should all get together, and Richie, too (see this topic), and create a Github repo where you can all share code, etc. Doug, W5WC, who has managed each release since the dawn of time, typically doesn't work that way, but you gents can. It's the modern age of development, after all.

I do know it is possible to create a 64 bit build, I've seen it done by a number of people, but don't as me how. I installed VS once and felt like a monkey sitting in the cockpit of a 747 when I ran it. I got as far as actually getting the code using SVN (this was before it moved to Git) and that was about it :D
Joe

Postby Joe » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:11 pm

It sounds like we need to get Ritchie to post his version as a base maybe, not sure on setting up github yet but really would like to get this going. I have 2.67 working with some other changes as well but it needs a bit of attention as well, I have some changes on the collapse screen with adjustments needed. It looks like Richie has a good handle on some nice additions also. I did send this to Doug also but there are corrections needed that I am working on but need help with. I know for me this is a big part of what I enjoy, learning and working with the code and I prefer working with the Thetis/Powersdr base. Any help for me would be much appreciated.

Thanks and 73’s
Joe
W4WMT

Postby W4WMT » Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:10 pm

Hi Joe (WD5Y),

There should be a property in the console class that exposes the checkbox state in the property’s set accessor. Just call the relevant property from your code in the wideband class.

73, Bryan W4WMT

Return to “Thetis”