Mic In/Line In Issue. Anan-200(D)

W3MMR

Mic In/Line In Issue. Anan-200(D)

Postby W3MMR » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:20 pm

Radio- 200D
Software- Thetis 2.6.7
Firmware- Protocol 2 Orion_NP_v1.8.rbf

I've been experiencing an issue when choosing "Mic In or "Line In", in the transmit menu. I normally run off of the "Line In" input in the back of the rig, but I wanted to try another microphone via the front mic jack. When I went to choose "Mic In" in the transmit tab, it's like its stuck on "Line In" no matter what. The mic that is hooked to the "Line In" input is still hot, and the mic that is connected via the "Mic In" input is dead. So I chose a known good microphone that I can plug right in the mic jack, mind you this microphone was working just fine on 3.4.9 a week ago, and that mic is also dead. So, It was recommended to me to try and reset the database, not import any saved TX profiles, and start from square one. I did so, and things started working. Shortly after, it started happening again. So, I did a complete re-install. Once re-installed, it was working as it should. I was having some noise issue's with the other microphone I was trying to use, so I ended up going back to the microphone that is on the "Line In" input. I used the rig extensively last night, put all of my normal settings back in the software, got things back to where I normally keep them, and exported that known working database for safe keeping. So, I woke up this morning to try and figure out the noise issue I was having with the other mic. I should also mention that I did not power down the radio or software last night. I left everything running through the night. (I fell asleep while watching a movie hi hi) Anyway, the "Mic In" input was working fine for some time, then all of the sudden, it stopped working, only the "Line In" input would work, and when "Mic In" was selected, the "Line In" mic is still hot. So I imported the known good database I saved last night that where the "Mic In" input was working as it should, and was working earlier this morning, and after doing so, the "Mic In" input still does not work and the mic that is on the "Line In" input is still hot. Disconnecting the audio cable that goes to the "Line In" input makes no difference. Anyone else experience this?

Perry

W3MMR
W3MMR

Re: Mic In/Line In Issue. Anan-200(D)

Postby W3MMR » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:37 pm

****UPDATE*****
I tried powering down the software, then powering down the radio, waited a minute, fired everything back up, and it fixed the issue. So from what I have read, this means its a firmware issue. Correct?

Perry
W3MMR
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:26 pm

That's a good guess.
W3MMR

Postby W3MMR » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:11 am

w-u-2-o wrote:That's a good guess.

There's a first time for everything I guess Scott hi hi. Things like this are to be expected, I know, beings these things are still Beta. All in all, i've been happy with Thetis & Protocol 2.

Perry
W3MMR

Return to “Thetis”