ADC Overload! with Thetis v2.6.6

K0MO

ADC Overload! with Thetis v2.6.6

Postby K0MO » Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:03 am

Hi Phil, Warren, Scott, et all,

I'm getting a flashing, cycling: "ADC1,2,3 Overload!" message after turning ON Thetis, by pressing its Power button.
I also get an annoying, uncontrollable TX/RX relay clicking noise with the following message:

"High SWR condition detected. Please check your antenna connection."

Of course, the antenna system was fine. I needed to press the MOX button several times to be able to STOP the clicking, put the radio in TX mode, then press MOX again, to get the radio back to normal receive mode.

Is this new version of Thetis incompatible with Hermes 10E/100B 14-bit ADC perhaps?

I'm using Thetis v2.6.6 (4/21/19) with my ANAN-100B 14-bit HermesII running P2 firmware v10.2 with a clean database.

I did not experience this problem with Thetis v2.6.0 (4/10/18) using the above same firmware.

Please fix this issue with new Thetis, firmware release soon!

Thanks in advance.

Manny K0MO
w-u-2-o

Re: ADC Overload! with Thetis v2.6.6

Postby w-u-2-o » Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:51 am

Manny,

The 14-bit Hermes firmware is over 2 years old and is not keeping pace with firmware development for the other platforms because it is proving difficult to fit the P2 firmware into the small FPGA used on the 14-bit Hermes board. Similarly, it is not keeping pace with Thetis, either, because Thetis is being upgraded to match up with the current firmware interface used on all of the other boards.

I'm sorry to say that you will have to down-rev. your Thetis version for now until such time as someone figures out how to put the current P2 firmware into the small FPGA.

Scott
K0MO

Re: ADC Overload! with Thetis v2.6.6

Postby K0MO » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:21 am

Thanks Scott for clarifying that so clearly, as you always do.

I'm testing Thetis V2.6.4 right now. Except for Pure Signal not working and the TX/RX recording crash bug, it is working much better than Thetis V2.6.5 and V2.6.6 which unfortunately, are very unstable with the ANAN-100B 14-bit Hermes board.

I hear Phil VK6PH @ 1:24min of the April 27, 2019 session of TeamSpeak, mention that he has been working on the FPGA code for the little 10E board with a new version of Tethis due for release next week.

Phil, thanks so much for the time and effort you put into this 14-bit little board.
If possible, I would love to test your new version, as soon as it gets released in beta.

I'm looking forward to it.

Manny K0MO

Return to “Thetis”