Downgrade to Thetis 2.6.0

w4cm

Downgrade to Thetis 2.6.0

Postby w4cm » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:51 pm

I upgraded my 7000 to Thetis 2.6.2 using bootloader. I find the recorder does not work yet in this version. Does the recorder work in 2.6.0 ?
If so how do i downgrade to 2.6.0 please ?

Also when running the PC on WiFi connection I am getting a red letter letter/ number (Seq=>41 and Seq=>1) flashing intermittently at the bottom of the spectrum screen in the exact center black bar area left of where where the Pure Signal indicator activation is. When this happens there is a slight pause in audio. I thought maybe it was was some Windows 10 issue. I tried power management settings and turning auto updates off. If I connect the PC to the radio the flashing letters stops.
Thanks,

Cecil, W4CM
w-u-2-o

Re: Downgrade to Thetis 2.6.0

Postby w-u-2-o » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:45 pm

Cecil,

First, my apologies if I accidentally gave you a link to the PowerSDR sub-forum. This is clearly a Thetis issue and belongs in the Thetis sub-forum and I will move it there.

Second, you are mixed up about firmware and software. You loaded the Protocol 2 firmware with Bootloader. You installed Thetis 2.6.2 software using the installer from Doug's Very Beta software repository (or somebody gave you the installer). These are two different things, although they depend upon one another, of course.

AFAIK, there is no point in uninstalling 2.6.2 and installing 2.6.0, i.e. I believe the recorder is broken in both. I don't use the recorder, though, so I'm not 100% certain.

Third, you will typically get very poor performance using WiFi with the hardware and software that comprise our radios. It is a "thick client" architecture that pushes relatively high-speed, wideband IF data from the radio to the PC. If you wish to be successful over WiFi you will generally be forced to a) strip down your PC's operating system so that almost nothing is using the WiFi except Thetis, b) ensure you have a ripping fast WiFi connections (802.11ac and a very good signal level), c) try to dedicate your WiFi access point to only the PC you are using (don't let it be shared by everything in your house) and d) lower the sampling rates of the radio (Setup > F/W Set) to 48 or 96KHz.

Scott
w4cm

Postby w4cm » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:18 pm

I did miss-state the connection of PC. The laptop, Dell i3 and 7000 connected to Netgear 1Ghz switch and have the flashing letters not PC to wifi.
Main reason I upgraded to Thetis was to get more band spectrum on display. Going lower sample rate I would also lose spectrum.

No going to downgrade I will wait but how would I ?
I read all the post but not enough steps listed for me to understand.
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:56 pm

w4cm wrote:I did miss-state the connection of PC. The laptop, Dell i3 and 7000 connected to Netgear 1Ghz switch and have the flashing letters not PC to wifi.

As long as the "Seq" error indications do not equate to poor audio quality you can safely ignore them. They are, however, a good indication of both network and CPU performance.

Main reason I upgraded to Thetis was to get more band spectrum on display. Going lower sample rate I would also lose spectrum.

To get more RF bandwidth you need more network bandwidth. That's the way these radios work. I also like the extra bandwidth and normally run both RX1 and RX2 at 768KHz. My recommendation is to maintain a wired connection and avoid trying to use WiFi.

No going to downgrade I will wait but how would I ?
I read all the post but not enough steps listed for me to understand.

To upgrade or downgrade the Thetis software you do it the same way you would for any other piece of software:

1. Uninstall the software you don't want by going to Windows Settings > Apps and remove the app you no longer want.

2. Download and run the installer for the app you do want. The official releases are here:

https://github.com/TAPR/OpenHPSDR-Thetis/releases

Download and run the .msi file you want.

Scott
w4cm

Postby w4cm » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:56 pm

Thanks Scott

Return to “Thetis”