BAND SELECTOR CHANGES TO SWL when Ham band selected or vice-versa

F6IES

BAND SELECTOR CHANGES TO SWL when Ham band selected or vice-versa

Postby F6IES » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:43 pm

Thetis 2.6.2 Win64 ANAN200D , Firmware Ver 1.4
"sticky" Band selector screen : changes to yellow broadcast band mode every time a new Ham band is chosen
Dear All , this problem was already reported by FM5GP (Phill)
It appeared after several hours of " no problem"
After reloading the database the problem became reversed ( the "sticky mode became the Ham band screen each tilme a SWL band was selected
I tried retsetting the data base and the problem disappeared but when I relaod my database the problem returns.
This is particularly annoying because the band selector no longer displays which band you are using and it slows down band changing

Actually what happens is : you select ( for example ) 10m band , the radio switches to 10 m band ( normal) but the band selector no longer displays the ham bands , it displays the SWL bands instead. and If you want to switch to 20 m band , you need first to type "HF" and the screen displays the Ham bands again , then you press the 20m button and the radio swhitches to 20 m band , but instantly the band selectro sub-screen rev erts to SWL ( yellow) mode , HF bands no longer displayed .

Any advice appreciated

Thanks best 73
Pierre
F6IES
w-u-2-o

Re: BAND SELECTOR CHANGES TO SWL when Ham band selected or vice-versa

Postby w-u-2-o » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:44 pm

I can't duplicate that problem here :?:
F6IES

Postby F6IES » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:37 pm

Thetis 2.6.2 Win64 ANAN200D , Firmware Ver 1.4
"sticky" Band selector screen : changes to yellow broadcast band mode every time a new Ham band is chosen
Dear SCOTT
problem solved for now , I completely unsistalled Thetis and renamed the folder Under C:/ User/Username / Appdata/ roaming /Openhpsdr/Thetis to thetis.old to be sure it would not be used
Then reinstalled and the PC did the long dos sequence of testing reverse and forward complex data with various Numbers , which I Don't recall was done when we installed thetis 2.6.2 the first time
. Then I redid all setup and sound audio chain adjustments and the software runs fine now .
However there are a few new problems which I encountered :

Problem A
No output to WSJT-X when transmitting if "windows directsound"is selected
SETUP/AUDIO/VAC1/ driver for output with VB-Audio Cable A

Solution found : select " MME"as driver both for input and output for VAC1 , so it seems Windiow Directsound driver has a problem with Thétis 2.6.2 and protocol 1.4 FW
Problem B
software hangs when using wave menu recording and inadvertently try to record when the playback is enabled or vice versa . The propblem then sticks if you close the software and restart , you really need to stiop the power to the ANAN , and restart the ANAN , then restart Thetis.An then it works again.

Problem C :

Several tims the Thetis would shut down when I was doing CFC compressor or equalizer adjustments with the sound recording playing (loop )and then I would need to follow the same procedure to restart as that in problem B .

Problem D: Loading some database from the past , I get seq>8 in red below the panadapter screen and thetis suths down with all data lost . So I cant load the software from past tims when I used protocol 2 with FW NP_1.1 .

I'll continue monitoring the forum for clues on the bugs and glitches but for now thetis is stilol useable and PS works well with it .
keep-up the good work .
best regards
73 Pierre
F6IES
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:19 am

Hi Pierre,

The quick record bug is well known. No fix at present.

Database changes are coming fast and furious and are outpacing the ability of the database import code to keep up. Be prepared to start with a completely, 100% fresh database for 2.6.3 and making all of the changes manually.

I've been exporting my MIDI settings and transmit profiles, and making screenshots of other settings (particularly calibration values) in preparation for the release of 2.6.3.

73!

Scott

Return to “Thetis”