Working SSB Split not working

G0MGM

Working SSB Split not working

Postby G0MGM » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:01 pm

I was trying to work a station today that was running split on SSB. Im using VoiceMeter Banana for the audio and all works perfectly and constantly get compliments on the audio, but when I click split and change the VFO B to the new Tx frequency a few kHz up and then key up to talk, all that happens is the rig keys up but no audio is either heard or seen on the panadaptor and no output power is present. VAC 1 is selected at all times.

I have no problems running split in CW.

Setup is Anna8000DLE
Thetis v2.5.3 Beta
F/W 1.2
Win 10 Pro

Dont think Im doing anything wrong. I have tried a database reset but no difference..

Any ideas?

Rob
G0MGM
w-u-2-o

Re: Working SSB Split not working

Postby w-u-2-o » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:11 pm

Rob,

The only thing I can offer is that Thetis is beta and the firmware is alpha. In addition, the firmware may not work the same on all serial numbers of the same model radio. That is to say, the firmware may not be making timing properly on your particular radio. This issue can make it hard to track more solid bugs across a population of radios.

I have not run Thetis in some time. I am waiting for the next revision of firmware to be released as the firmware randomly crashes on the 8000 I have here.

Scott
G0MGM

Re: Working SSB Split not working

Postby G0MGM » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:42 pm

HI Scott

Thanks for the reply, not complaining about the F/W or Software, I had not come across it before so was just checking it was not just me :)

I've been running Thetis constantly since upgrading to it, and have used it in a few CW contests, only had Thetis lock up twice on me during the whole time, so from a CW perspective its working great. Thats what surprised me about not working Split on RTTY or SSB, must be a related issue.

Still not a big one for me so far.

Looking forward to the next set of releases to see what other goodies we get.

Rob

Return to “Thetis”