Thetis ETA for release ?

Jdsbose

Thetis ETA for release ?

Postby Jdsbose » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:45 am

Just curious if there is any time line for release ?
w-u-2-o

Re: Thetis ETA for release ?

Postby w-u-2-o » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:11 am

No ETA that I'm aware of. Thetis itself is in very, very good shape. It's the Protocol 2 firmware that is struggling to make timing across the entire population of radio hardware (i.e. it exhibits different problems on different radios of the same model number, etc.)

Scott
Jdsbose

Postby Jdsbose » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:38 am

OK, 2 months later from my first inquiry. What is going on now with the protocol 2 firmware and thetis ? Update please.
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:57 am

Not very much progress to report.

Thetis remains essentially unchanged.

The firmware, which has been suffering from some fairly significant timing closure problems, and which has remained essentially untouched for the last two months due to various distractions such as Hermes II and Minerva (DFC), has only very recently been subject to a new approach to timing closure by Phil, but Phil has not publicly released those efforts yet, and non-publicly they are only available for the 100D right now. It is hoped that we will see a non-public release of the new firmware build on the 200D/8000 soon. If all of that survives contact with a larger test population, then it may be publicly released, perhaps in another month or so.

Scott

Return to “Thetis”